the rotted lands

Started by ninjawolf, June 17, 2010, 10:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjawolf

This RP will be about a group of up to 10 survivors in a zombie apocolypse this is set on the world of cvrpg so feel free to have species other than human the goal of these survivors is to reach a castle in russia where a group of paladins is holding of the zombies with the aid of several soul restored vampires.
the character sheet will be as follows.
Name:
Species:
Skill's
Appearance
Equipment
Personality:
please do not have anything over powered or to ridiculous such as a cat crossbow
Name: Gideon cain
species: soul restored vampire
appearance:dark hair wears a hooded grey cloak and blackshirt with long dark blue pants
skills:basic dark magic and swordman ship
equipment:leather ccuriass long sword iron sheild
personality: cheerful and well natured slightly ashamed of his vampire nature is known to make jokes at enemies and quickly bonds with people

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard.  Don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so.

Regarding the RP, we've had a couple of people jump straight in and try to start one up - unfortunately people tend to be a bit picky about which RPs they choose and it's rare for many people to join one without seeing the GM's track record.
You might also consider elaborating on the soul-restored-vampire business, I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not familiar with that variation on the vampire myth.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

He probably means something like Spike in the last season of BtVS - such vampire is still a vampire but mentally is a person - good or evil, he is not compelled to senseless killing and stuff and actually has emotions and so... this kind of rests on a particular variant of "biology".
Another one was Angel, although to him it happened because of a gypsy curse, and could be reversed.

As for the other thing, true, although it sounds a bit recursive  - it leaves me to wonder how does one get a first track record step :D

I would, as a personal opinion from a roleplayer say that the initial post is something of an advertisement for the RP - it is a good thing for it to be reasonably long with some flavour text as it serves as a demonstration of what the GM can do, and therefore makes the people interested.
Indeed there are people who were able to get a game running shortly after they joined, like Mechanisto, our GM in Deathtrap Dungeon.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

Quote from: danman on June 17, 2010, 02:14:09 PM
As for the other thing, true, although it sounds a bit recursive  - it leaves me to wonder how does one get a first track record step :D

Well, I don't necessarily mean as a GM.  The RP's I've been in were run by people I'd talked to before and/or played with in other RPs, so I had a pretty good idea of what I was letting myself in for.

QuoteIndeed there are people who were able to get a game running shortly after they joined, like Mechanisto, our GM in Deathtrap Dungeon.
Yeah, it's not impossible.  But, we've had numerous people just leap in, try to start an RP and in some cases bitch loudly because they didn't get any takers.  If he/she can pull it off, that's great.  I just don't want them to get their hopes up too high...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ninjawolf

just to settle some queries what i mean by soul restored vampire as this story is based in the world of castlevania is a vampire who had their sould put back into their body to replace the demon inside of them

and i dont really care if people join i just thought i'd give this a try