IC Apples to Apples

Started by Liatai, May 08, 2010, 03:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel

(sigh) I missed both by accident. Is there going to be another game any time soon? :3
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Liatai

Yep! In fact, I was just going to post asking if there was a time/day this week people would like to play.

I can host a game on any day except Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.

Angel

Hoo boy. Should have responded sooner. Um....anyone free Friday night or Sunday?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

VAE

Me for example ... this is the kind of fun i refuse to miss, and, at least i will have push to finish work during the day (past exam papers, there is so many of you!)
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Chairtastic

Again, I'm good for Friday. :3

Liatai

Friday works for me! Should we still aim for 10:00 PM GMT, or should I open the room's doors earlier?

VAE

If you open it earlier, i am going to be the happier - this zone is GMT+1 so it can stretch to quite the morning hours (i am OK with that, i am used to sleeping late, just that in any case it is better...)
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Chairtastic

I'm cool with whatever y'all decide to do.  Just so long as there be plenty of fun to be had, and many snark opportunities. :V

Liatai

Oh, there should be lots of opportunities for both fun and snark. :cool How about this? I'll set up the room at 9:00 PM GMT, and whenever enough players show up (or at 10:30 PM GMT, whichever happens sooner), we'll start the game. That'll give us a little time to get any tutorials/rule discussion/character summaries out of the way, too.

I should mention, though, that there is going to be a slight change. Since we've had a few people who aren't from the Clockwork Mansion interrupting games, I'm going to lock the room as soon as it's made. If you want to get into the game's room, you'll need to do one of two things...

• (1) Send me a private message on VASSAL (right click on my username, Liatai, under the room's title and select "Send Private Msg." A chat window will pop up. This will happen even if you're not in the same room as I am, so no worries) and ask me to let you in.
  • (2) Send me a PM here with your VASSAL username so I can invite you in when I see you enter the main room.

Once you've done either of those two things, I will let you in posthaste and the fun shall commence! :smile

Liatai

The room is open! We have three players (including myself) in there currently; if anyone else wants to jump in, feel free!

Chairtastic

I notice you fail to mention the snark in the commencing.  :U

But mayhap giving some times as to when we typically die off would be helpful for scheduling?  I typically leave around eleven pm CST, but can stay later given my lack of life.  :shifty

Liatai

Usually, I start zoning out at around 10 PM Eastern, but I can go until midnight or 1 AM if need be.

Speaking of time, due to unforeseen circumstances, I'm free about an hour early for a game tonight if people are interested. If you want to join in, just send me a message! (And if I don't respond, I'm probably drawing, so send me a wake-up and I'll let you in. c:) The room will be up in about three minutes.

Liatai

Hey, all -- I thought I should let you know that there's a possibility that I might not be able to host a game this week. My computer is having hard drive issues. (Fortunately, it's still under warranty, so I'm able to get a replacement drive; it's just going to take 2-3 days. :animesweat )

In the meantime, though, there's a question I want to pose to you all. During the game last Saturday, someone mentioned posting the roleplaying sections of the games we've done as a story or script in the Tower of Art. Now, I have the games we've played saved in Word documents (and backed up on a thumb drive, so the text won't get lost if my hard drive decides to blow up :P), and I can easily clean up typos and put them in a script format with "stage directions" describing the characters and their actions. Now, my questions to you are...

• What do you think of this idea? Should we post the scripts in their own thread in the Tower? (Or the Ballroom, if that would be better... I don't want to step on anyone's toes. They are technically roleplays, after all.)
  • If we are posting the games, are you okay with your writing being posted?
  • Would you prefer seeing them in script format (as we tend to write them), or do you want me to try fleshing them out into a full-on third-person story format?
  • If we're writing them out as a script, do you want to write out your own characters' physical description(s)? Most of us have written little physical descriptions and character summaries before games start, but if you want to submit something a little more polished, you can either post it here or PM it to me. It would just be a couple of sentences describing the character's appearance and body language; think of the essential details you would want an actor playing the character to know. If you don't want to write a new description, that's fine; I'll just cobble one together from the previous descriptions you've given us. :smile

VAE

Sad to hear...

As far as your questions go... most of them the response is they  can go in any way you want to.
As for char descriptions: Glup , there is one in the Deathtrap dungeon so link to that
Vladim - you basically gave me a kick to bother to do a "cast" pages section on my site to go with the comic....
Saphroneth

Chairtastic

Considering I'm the one who suggested it[/selfpreening] I wholeheartedly support this idea. :D  I don't really mind if its done in either script or story format, and will supply some descriptions to you of my characters in short order. 

If you decide to go with story format, I would like to offer my services as a beta-reader.   :bunny  I have no experience with scripts so don't quite know if I could beta-read one.  Quick question, are you also going to include the OOC comments and pre-game chatter?  Because that might end up in some blushing and diving into bunkers.

Also: D: about the hard-drive failure.

Liatai

Quote from: Meany on May 26, 2010, 08:15:55 PM
If you decide to go with story format, I would like to offer my services as a beta-reader.   :bunny  I have no experience with scripts so don't quite know if I could beta-read one.  Quick question, are you also going to include the OOC comments and pre-game chatter?  Because that might end up in some blushing and diving into bunkers.

Duly noted, thank you! And no, just the IC stuff. If people want to see the craziness that goes on pre-game and in OOC chatter, they'll need to come to the games and see for themselves. :P

Caswin

Hmmmmm...

-I think that this idea is worthy of its own thread.  Anyone not already interested in the Apples-to-Apples chat itself has probably passed it over by now.  Where, I'm not sure.

-I'm more than okay with my writing being posted.  Just don't hesitate to ask for clarification on anything.

-Script format vs. prose... I honestly do not know.  Going to abstain on this one.

-I'd love to write out more detailed physical descriptions.  Maybe I can be a little less beige this time.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

VAE

Hmm , will the game happen tonight??
Saphroneth

Liatai

Probably not tonight, unless someone else wants to host one. I should be able to host one on Saturday, though. c:

VAE

Too bad... if it happens though, send me a PM so that i receive an email notification.
Ahh, at least i will make the Cast pages ...
Saphroneth

Chairtastic

VAE

Quote from: Meany on May 28, 2010, 11:05:46 AM
Curses. :<

You mean the Unix graphics library??
Although, if you can get enough other people, and Liatai will be offset by bad computer. i might host the thing as well, at regular time
Saphroneth

Chairtastic

Umm...no, I mean this.  Specifically, definition number four.  

And also, yay for contingency plans!

Edit:  100th post! :U Yayness!

VAE

So folks... It is 10.00 GMT
I have made a room ,and will wait there until.. let's say 12.00 GMT
Send me an audio signal if nothing, since i am doing other things too...
Saphroneth

Liatai

There is a game tonight if anyone is interested! The room is open.

Liatai

The room is open for tonight's game! Feel free to come join us if you're so inclined. :smile

*edit* Especially if you have lynx characters! It seems we're having an all-lynx game tonight. xD

Tipod

Is anyone else having problems downloading the Basic mod from Sandyapples? I've been able to download the others, but not the Basic pack.

VVVV Got it. Much obliged.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

VAE

Saphroneth

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

VAE

Saphroneth