The Line in the Stars (IC) [PG/14]

Started by Azlan, July 31, 2006, 04:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof B Hunnydew

"Aye, Master at arms Alexis, calls yee, Capt. Loki." says Mara as salutes Loki with child pirate costume on complete with toy sword and pistol.  She hands him a spy glass, and points to the horizon and a sailing merchant ship entering the bay.

"Well, the sphere that Mara is Holding is a puzzle ball, I made when I was seven.  The other one in the sky is something else, yet the puzzle ball is like a model of it, somehow." says Nova still wondering about her puzzles " Okay, It looks like you will have to explain what a Olin is, later?"

PBH

ShadesFox

In the Park

The whole thing seemed odd to Aaron.  Might he, some day, figure out what is reality and what is not?  Meh, who knows, let's pretend this is all real, just in case it is.

Aaron walked up next to the vixen.  He could not think of much to say to her, never having been a good conversationalist.  "Uhh... hello.  I fear I did not catch your name when we first met."
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Nova's dream

Loki sighed as Mara reported Alexis's call, however, he brightened up when she handed him the spyglass and he saw she was cosplaying a pirate. 

Loki donned his pirate attire, complete with a stylish hat, and extended his spyglass.  He could see Alexis, "aye lass, ye be askin for a meetin of thee pirates brotherhood?  It be okay with me!  Yaarr."

In the special Forces area, Alexis looked slightly confused for a few moments before sighing and replying, "aye capt'n, it will be so."

Back in the dreamscape, Loki settled down and gazed at Nova.  His eyes met hers as he considered her question, "Olin is someone who the masters can sing their songs of control through."

In the park of broken dreams

The vixen looked up at Aaron and a slight confusion passed over her eyes before a glint of recognition drifted in, "you're that major from the ISF, are you here or is this a dream?"

Aaron could sense devious and somewhat naughty thoughts crossing her mind.  As she answered, a change in her voice was very noticeable and Aaron could sense a strange scent entering the air (vixen is scent dropping). 

"my name is Marissa... and you are handsome."  She moved towards him in an obviously seductive manner.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

ShadesFox

In the park of broken dreams

"Uhh... yes.  My name is Aaron and thank you for that... ummm..."

Of the notable things in the air was the fact that Aaron was a bit confused and... turned on?

"As for the answer to your question, I'm not sure myself.  As far as I can tell, this is my dream, I just passed out from... ah... let's call it a science experiment gone wrong.  Still, pleased to make your acquaintance cute one."

His normal action was to flirt.  It was a dream.  Or was it? Dreams used to be one of the few things he was sure of.  But that was also when he did not think there was doubt about him being an anthro person, and that he mom was a grey fox, and that he couldn't read minds.  That last one was interesting now, some of her thoughts made Aaron blush.  He liked to be a horrible flirt, but she... wow.  It was enough to distract him from the fact that he was sensing what was in her mind.
The All Purpose Fox

Prof B Hunnydew

"Oh, That is good to know, I wonder if we can change Rheya's tune...what would that do?"

"Ahoy Capt Loki,  Alexis is sending a rowboat to us." says Mara.  "You Promise? I Be your Cabin Boy or girl, sir"

"Oh Scalawag, oh Ruffian, Corrupter the innocence and stealing my handmaiden.  Oh Where is the Queen's Navy when you need them?", Says Nova, who is dress in petticoats and ballgown.  "Oh oh Is there anyone, anyone who can stop this evil swashbuckler? This fiend of the Sea, King of Pirates, and thief of my honor.  Oh oh I feeling faint " Nova falls to sand beach in a heap.

"AH Captain, The "crew" wish to have a staff meeting" says Alexis in ISF uniform as she wonders at the pirate clothes and Nova's 17Th century gown. 

PBH

techmaster-glitch

Command Center

As Mother deployed the manual controls, Nazareth quickly got the flight stick and throttle easiest and most familiar, of course, and chose that, hoping that he wouldn't have to rely on this mindlink too much. "I need the tactile analog feedback," He explained, "otherwise I won't be able to pilot worth a damn." He handled the mental link well initially, but it took much of his mental discipline to not reflexively retreat from the contact as he started getting an "out-of-body" experience, feeling the ship almost as if it was himself, and even began sensing the passengers. He opened his eyes again, and the contact receded a bit. He still felt the ship, as if he was in a very large body, but he could manipulate his own again.
   He took a minute to get used to the sensations, experimentally twiddling the flight controls while remaining in mental contact, then finally spoke again. "Okay. I think I can handle this. Can you run a flight simulation? I'd like to try a few basic flight controls and maneuvers before piloting this thing in reality."

Lushin

Special Forces area
Romulus went to his bed for a bit of rest.
"Wake me when Alexis has an answer"
He spoke to no one in particular. He laid down on his bunk and fell asleep supriseingly fast.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Azlan

In the park of broken dreams with unlocked doors

Marissa moved closer to Aaron, her tail high and slowly swishing, "blush?  What's the matter handsome, shy?"

Just as she got dangerously close to Aaron, a blue blur appeared in between both and an unseen force carefully pushed the two apart.  "wait!  This is a dream, but you are both here!  Think with heads, not hormones."

The mysterious blue blur was Ixiah, paws up in front of each other fox in a stop or halt sort of fashion (palms facing the other person "talk to the hand" :P).  The young, blue fox was wearing his old outfit, except with the addition of a black body suit.

He turned to face Aaron, even in this dreamworld, the wet streaks and tear marks were evident on his facial fur, "I could sense it from my room... where I was resting, your mind has been artificially opened.  A powerful chemical we have in the past used on the elderly or afflicted to heighten weakened or damaged psychic abilities was injected into you.  You must have some latent psychic abilities.  It opened an empathic channel almost immediately to her... she must be prominent in your subconscious and you in hers."

It did suddenly occur to Aaron that as bad as his stomach aches were, on the level of severe abdominal trauma, Cynthia never showed much concern.  His opened mind had taken in all the pain she had been subject to because of her injury.

The embarrassed vixen gave Aaron a innocent little smile, "I'm sorry, I did not mean to be that way, I'm not normally that... loose, I really thought it was a dream and you know..."

With a sigh, she closed her eyes and disappeared.

Elsewhere, a red vixen awoke from a deep sleep with a slight amount of confusion.  She actually had to physically check to make sure she was still injured, but she felt absolutely no pain, "thas sum pain killas."

Quietly she slipped out of her bed and made her way shakily to the nurse's entrance.  Donning a lab coat and a pair of glasses, she expertly manipulated the security code on the pad.  A satisfying click was heard from the door, she might have been drugged, critically injured, but only an amateur misses the keypad entries from lazy nurses.

Without the signals from her mind screaming pain at her, the vixen was able to move about freely, as she was not hobbling around like a normal, injured patient would be if they escaped.  For some strange reason she felt compelled to go a certain way, she could not explain it.

Nova's dreamscape

Alexis shook her head at the scene, and immediately switched her attire to that of an appropriate sailing period royal naval Admiral, "captain Loki, it is imperative that you honor the Queen's... letters of marque, and convene the brotherhood's meeting on the bridge of your galleon."

Loki's face lit up with a grin as even Alexis had decided to play along, "aye, the queen has been just to a privateer such as myself.  I shall do it.  Come cabin-girl Mara, bring the lady Nova with us and we..."

Without much warning, two other figures appeared from the surf, a beaming blue fox and a confused and introspective gray fox.  Ixiah waved vigorously, "sorry, our nodes seem to have become crosslinked... as Aaron here seems to be broadcasting and receiving uncontrollably at the moment."

Command Center

Without seemingly any change, Naz suddenly found his view surrounded by stars.  Backing out of the mindlink, the front visual screen also displayed the same.

Mother merely smiled and patted Naz on the shoulder, "be at ease young one, I have not moved, I have merely erected a full immersion simulation as you requested."

OOC: I will let Tech run Naz and the ship through anything he wants, including a mock firefight with pirate fighters and capital ships... he can even ram the ship into a sun in the simulation if he wants to.

Special Forces Area

Ben and both teams went about whatever business they needed to take care of while Alexis continued to stand calmly in the room.  Ben periodically checked on her to see if anything had changed.

ShadesFox

Nova's dream

Aaron was quite confused, and apparently quite psychic.  He decided that the only really appropriate thing to do was wave with Ixiah.

"Many apologies.  I am... in an interesting position right now, what being apparently psychic.  I don't suppose anyone here has the number for the accidentally mind linked hotline would they?"
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Nova's dream, now with 200% more technicolor foxes and added Aarons for flavor

Ixiah patted Aaron on the arm, "don't worry... it will go away once the chemicals run their course, with as much as you probably got injected with, even a rock would become temporarily psychic.  It's not like you are an half-breed Acadian and normal fox with latent or undeveloped psychic abilities or something."

ShadesFox

Nova's dream. For extra flavor, we now add huge bombshells

Aaron rocked on his feet a bit with an awkward grin on his face.

"About that Ixiah... yea.  I am, indeed, not half Acadian.  I'm told I'm three quarters Acadian.  With Alpha traits.  With a fragment of my mom, who apparently was a full Acadian, in me.  Did I mention that my trip to medbay was eventful?"
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Nova's dream, now with facefalls and stunned foxes

Ixiah, at first, bust out laughing, he was rather happy Aaron was turning out to be rather funny.  As Aaron continued to rock, whistle and grin, Ixiah instead facefell and sprang up right on top of Aaron.

The larger fox was knocked to the ground as Ixiah crouched on his chest with his eyes locked to Aaron's, "are you serious?  Do you know what that means... Alphas are supposed to be rogues, evil, unredeemable and slain on sight without giving them a chance to talk, explain or surrender.  This is also the first time I've come to realize how one sided and messed up that directive seems to be."

The blue fox's tail whipped about, showing his confusion and conflicted feelings.

Prof B Hunnydew

"Oh God and Goddess, You people, I know you think me head is empty with fluff, but I don't think I can throw a party!   Well, it is my head, So..."

A canopy over a table and tea party with coffee, tea, sandwiches and little cakes appears on the beach..

"Please everyone sit down.  Capt Loki, as an agent of the Queen, I guess I will have trust you, but you're still a scoundrel.  Mara put the model in the center of the table, and serve the guests", Says Nova still dress for the Governor's ball.  She looks at Major Brown with little uneasiness, but addresses the group.

"We were talking of pirates, treasure hunting, and I think Princess rescuing.  But most of all Saving the universe."  Say Lady Nova, "The model before you is of the Sphere of Harmonies, the ancient prison of the masters.  The ultimate primary goal to repair the old one or rebuilt a new one.  If I can remember it has three solution on how to repair it or I have to find the right one that will allure and trap the master one into it.  And it is more than just fixing the sphere, an Acadian Olin or two must sing a counter song to the song of disharmony of the master."

"Of course, This is all just my educated guess, How to repair the sphere is still unknown. Where it is a mystery?  But Xaos and Gaea will have some ideas. And we need an Olin and the song of harmony.  Is that about it, Capt Loki?"

ShadesFox

"Lt. Honneydew, while your head may not be full of fluff, I must express concern over your complete lack of response to the fact that Ixiah seems to be saying that he is duty bound to kill me on the spot over my blood."

Aaron thought to himself, 'Even if you do want to see your entire chain of command dead, you should at least feign concern, or at the very least NOT throw a party.'  Oddly though, everyone could hear this thought he thought to himself.

Aaron looks at the blue fox, "So, Ixiah, you say that the directive is messed up, and you are allowing me to talk.  If it alleviates your concerns at all, I will say that I was not raised as an Alpha.  My mother, who was the Alpha, left us when my brother and I were cubs, all I remember of her was the songs she sang for me."  Aaron rolls over and slips out from under Ixiah.

"I... I... don't want to kill you Aaron... you... I... you...", Ixiah looked about ready to cry again, at which point Aaron hugged him.

"I'm sorry Ixiah, when you do that you seem like a lost and confused cub.  Though, to be honest, I'm more then a bit lost and confused myself."

Aaron takes Ixiah sits at Nova's table and listens to what she has to say, "A lot of what you say confuses me Nova.  The ancient prison of the Masters?  They were imprisoned once before?  And what is an Olin?  This term is new to me."

Aaron figured that he had asked enough questions already.  Xaos and Gaea sounds interesting, his mom brought them up too, but Aaron wanted some answers first."
The All Purpose Fox

Prof B Hunnydew

"All directives and laws of the Acadian are from the Masters in one way or other.  The Acadian traditions have been tainted by them, and everything is not what it seems.  Even, I am worried that the Masters have their paws in our governments, and ISF.

Now, I would be worried if he was trying to kill you right now, but he is thinking for himself and doubting what has "always" been.  Now, I am keeping in mind what is important, Major, sir.   If my death and/or yours would mean that the enemy is destroyed or removed from the universe, I would do what I must."

"The crash site, we are heading to, is Xaos and Gaea's ship, Matron" says the catgirl, "My grandma found that site, and she gave me the site location.  Loki thinks that Xaos and Gaea are still alive that the crash site."

"They are still there, Nova." interups Mara, "and My mother, Matron. They will be waiting for us."

"I am not sure, my memories are of a six year ago, I can't be sure what Xaos and Gaea's motives truly are?" Nova finishes.  "but they sing to me some of their lullabies, when I was scary."

PBH

ShadesFox

Aaron glares at Nova, the sort of glare that pierces the soul and deflates it a little bit, "You remember this Nova, and remember it well.  My life is NOT yours to sacrifice.  You would do well to remember what is appropriate and where you stand.  We are after the ship your gradma found, but this is not your expedition and this is not your gradma's expedition.  If we want to continue this discussion, then we should probably call for a general crew meeting.  Naz and Romulus may not have commissions as officers, but they do deserve to hear these explanations too."

Aaron shifts about, he does not like being serious, but in a similar vein he did not like it when someone suggests that he life may be so callously thrown away at someone else's discretion.

"But, until that meeting, tea anyone?" as Aaron offers a cup to Ixiah.
The All Purpose Fox

Prof B Hunnydew

With some reflection, And embarrassment, Nova look away, 

"Pardon me, Major Brown, I am not always wrong about people.  You have changed some.  I can be very singleminded sometimes.  I will not sacrifice anyone life without cause or without their pr emission.  It would be only as a last resort and only if their agree.  One must not became what you are fighting against to destroy it. " says humbled Nova.  "Ends don't justify the any means."

"Yes, Here Loki have some tea?  I'm sure I'm be the only one not to get anything out of these cakes." Says Nova "This meeting is for sharing and pooling our information and about what to tell the troops.  After that we need to get going.  We can decide on the journey about that maybe waiting for us."

PBH

ShadesFox

Aaron listened to Nova as Ixiah accepted the tea and Aaron grabbed some cake for himself.  Nova still seemed hard pressed to grasp the part where sacrafice was not her call period, but Aaron was willing to accept minor victories on the path to winning the war.

"These cakes are exceptionally good.  My policy about information is generally full disclosure.  Normally such a policy is unpopular, but I feel that the exchange and discussion of ideas is what made my lab stand out.  I intend to keep that policy going."

((OOC: perhaps it is time we let off for a bit and let Ixiah and Loki have their say about questions and the discussion ;p))
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Both Loki and Ixiah sipped at their tea and nibbled their cakes, they appeared very stoic and reflective as Aaron and Nova bantered back and forth.

Ixiah put his tea down and began to speak, "I... that is... I..."  Ixiah frowned and sighed, "I am going to trust all of you in this.  I will hear what Xaos and Gaea have to say.  The Sphere of Harmonies was created by ancient Acadians.  The Gate to the universe of the Masters was actually built by the Vhar.  We were forced to create the Sphere of Harmonies, because we do not fully understand Vhar technology."

Ixiah took another bite from his cake before continuing, "mmmhm, this is good cake.  Repairing the sphere requires spmeone who is an Auran or an Ephon, but an Olin will work too.  It's just that most Olin, myself included, do not have knowledge of the right keywords."

ShadesFox

Aaron nods at Ixiah, "Thank you for that Ixiah.  So, we have our long term plan, find Matron and talk with Xaos and Gaea.  We also have a more immediate plan, the staff meeting to go over details.  Though I now have one last question.  When do these drugs wear off?  I would like to try and develop any latent talent I have, but for now it would be nice to return to my own dreams, rather then borrow other's.  And the pain.  As much as I like the feeling of having my gut shot out, I would like that to be gone."
The All Purpose Fox

Prof B Hunnydew

"But there is one problem, the sphere puzzle has three different solutions, with these three pieces, that Xaos show me about. " three crystal shards start flowing over the table "These three pieces are interchangeable with each other inside the sphere, but none of the solutions are not exactly right, I don't know why that is... So, I had come up with a fourth piece which is a variation of these three.  This new piece creates a better resonance frequency with in the harmony sphere's range.  Also, the new song of the sphere of harmonies must be tailored to the present songs of the Master to be effective.  Who would know that?" Ask Nova of Ixiah.

"Now, Eat up Loki... These sweets are made by me, I put a little bit of myself into each one." the catgirl encouraging the little fox.  And he does feel more energized as if he really did eat.  Ixiah and Aaron also taste the sweetness in her cakes.

"Well, Since we need the rest of the crew, we will end it here. And Awake up... Alexis and Aaron thanks for coming.  Nice meet you, Ixiah, " Nova shakes hands with Ixah as a white door appears on the beach.  " Mara, Please see my guest out.  Capt, Can you stay a minute?"

Azlan

Ixiah shrugged to Aaron's question about when the drugs would wear off, "I do not know when they will wear off.  I know about them, but the specifics are not within my knowledge, I am more of a warrior then a medic..."  The blue fox turned his gaze on Loki who was busy eating up a good deal of the cakes.

Loki swallowed and pondered the issue, "ummm, I guess it might last for a day or so.  As for the pain, I am sorry, but your empathic side is very strongly influenced by these chemicals.  You developed a bond with someone... uh, you care about... I guess.  Perhaps somewhere down in your subconscious, you are worried about he or she.  We could close your mind off, but that could damage your development as you are just coming into it all.  In actuality, this is a good thing.  Your mind is focused and linked to one person, normally you would be broadcasting and receiving in uncontrollable waves and be a danger to all around you."

Ixiah caught Aaron's attention, by creating a digital pawprint out of thin air and placing hand on it.  Golden lines of energy spread out like tracings on a circuit board and expanded into a what appeared to be a lot like a network diagram, "your dreaming is easier to explain.  This ship is its own psychic domain." 

The diagram expanded and brightly colored (Orange, Red, yellow, purple) diamonds appeared with multiple golden traces entering and leaving from them.  The orange one was the largest, the red one was the most secured/protected one and the other two were both relatively equal.  Strange symbols appear next to them, Nova and Aaron recognize it as Acadian language.  There is also a white diamond, smaller and much less bright than the others.  A flashing red symbol appears next to it.

"These are system nodes, they are a essentially, Mother, Alexis, Rebecka and Cynthia... this white one is a rogue system that has been isolated, it is probably Mara."

The model expands more and bright colored squares and dark squares appear, both are the same size and much smaller than the diamonds.  The bright ones were colored green, blue and white... there was also another white one that was rather dim in comparison to the others.  The bright white one was pulsating erratically and had a red tracer attached to a dim white square located off the grid.

"These are nodes... they represent each individual thinking person.  Dark squares are non aware users, the colored ones represent psychic users.  The erratic one is you Aaron, and this dim one here is apparently Nova.  She might have a bit of Acadian or Kathaern blood in her line somewheres, or she may have latent abilities due to natural evolution.  Even though the others are not psychically aware, they are accessable by those which are... they are like computers connected to a network without firewalls, no passwords, open/unrestricted shares and such.  We are just like a psychic computer network."

Nova begins to speak about the puzzle of the sphere and the songs, Ixiah looks at the floor and meekly says, "I... can access the Harmonies once we reach deep space... but... I don't think I'm strong enough to break away if I rejoin the chorus.  We may have to think of something else."

Ixiah is happy enough to leave when asked, and drags Aaron off towards the door and back to his own "node".  Alexis follows Aaron and Ixiah out.

Loki hangs back at Nova's request, "what's up cat?"

Prof B Hunnydew

"Captain, ah Loki, Are you feeling better? " asks Nova as she hug him.  "You were enjoyed those cakes a little too much"  *Giggle* a poke at his belly,  "Are you really getting nutrients from them?"

"Ixiah said something about me being a psychic or having latent abilities.  Would that be important to you, Loki?  I'm not sure what I may be.  I am happy as I am.  I would stay with what I am good at, which is puzzles.  Yet, I am sure somehow, we may need another Olin in addition to Ixiah. " says the catgirl.  "Yes We wait Xaos' and Gaea's data."

"Sigh, Mother going to mad at us, then we awake in your bed" sighs Nova "And these cakes just make me hungry.  Can I get some real food.?"says as she walks to the door.

PBH

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Azlan on October 31, 2008, 09:16:35 PM
OOC: I will let Tech run Naz and the ship through anything he wants, including a mock firefight with pirate fighters and capital ships... he can even ram the ship into a sun in the simulation if he wants to.   
(Heh, tempting, but so, so, soooooooo far out-of-character :P)

Command Center

The sudden field of stars in his mind's eye was a little jarring at first, but Nazareth quickly adjusted. Through the mindlink, Nazareth picked up that he could 'place' objects. Since he was just going to get used to handling the thing, he only thought up a sparse line of stationary light-beacons, spaced appropriate distances from each other for spacefaring speeds. Their purpose was just to provide points-of-origin; references to gauge the performance of the ship against.
   Nazareth eased the throttle forward a bit, relaxing in the mindlink to allow himself to feel the (simulation) of the ship. He felt the hum of whatever alien generator was powering the ship, and while he felt no tug on his own body, he felt the (simulated) inertia on the ship. The first beacon zipped by.
   Nazareth then experimented with various speeds and degrees of braking. He noticed that the ship was capable of exceptional speeds for a medium-carrier vessel, and while the braking was superb f pressed, the ship seemed to prefer coasting to a stop.
   Eventually, he felt he was accustomed enough to linear movement, and concentrated on the simulation around himself. The line of beacons multiplied, creating a two-dimentional grid. He got the ship up to speed again, then turned right, straightening out, turning left, straightening again, and turning harder. Noting how the ship seemed to like sliding during a turn, he finally figured out what he was thinking of.
   "This thing handles like a fish." Nazareth declared.
   Nazareth continued experimenting, combining the turning with with earlier speed and braking combinations. The ship definitely liked to slide, although Nazareth found that if he pulled the brakes hard enough he could negate that. However, the sliding was actually rather advantageous, it made tight corners and even full turn-arounds easy.
   After more of this, he focused on the grid again, and it multiplied once more into a three-dimentional field of light-beacons. Nazareth added in pulling up, down, and rolling to his experimentation. After some time of that, he began executing a series of increasingly complex maneuvers, and even made up a few new ones on the spot, because no other ship of the same size handled like Mother.
   Finally, he erased the beacon-field from existence. In their place, he conjured up some moving targets, which he tested the weapons against. Thanks to the mindlink, he already had a fairly good idea of how effective they would be, he was really just making sure he could operate them right. He created various moving targets, which he flew by, making sure he could mentally aim the weapons and physically fly Mother at the same time. After several tests, including a final one with 'live' pirate targets, he wiped away everything in the simulation.
   All in all, he decided he had never piloted a better ship of this size.
   He still missed his own fighter, though.
   Pulling his head out of the mental simulation and returning to his own body, Nazareth spoke to the avatar of Mother. "Alright. I think I've got the hang of this. I don't think I've hit the extent of your capabilities yet, not by far, but that can only come with time, if I'm with you long enough, which I'm doubting. Will we be launching soon? I need to deploy and drill my men in some formations and maneuvers incorporating you, so that we can function properly as a single unit, before you and the others on this ship proceed with your mission."

ShadesFox

Back into Aaron's brain

After stepping back into Aaron's `node` he speaks with Ixiah a bit more, "So, I'm a dangerous and erratic psychic right now?  That's no good.  Hold on I've got to open this door,"

Aaron reaches for a door where one doesn't exist, and after briefly being embarrassed starts talking again, "Needless to say, I'd appreciate it if you and Loki to help me out.  I don't want to end up frying someone's brain.  This also opens several tangents as well.  It seems that the thing indicated that Nova has latent psychic talents?  Or was that just noise from the lot of us being in there?  We should have Cynthia check her out, I fear that she may try something stupid and I want as much information about what she is as possible.

The next problem is what to do of Marissa.  She is a cute vixen, but an injured vixen.  I wanted her to stay on the Phalanx to get better.  That might still be best for her, but for the rest of us it might be better if she were here.  I would really rather she stay where she is though, maybe find some way for me to..."

A yawning Ixiah, bored out of his mind by Aaron's thinking out loud, speaks up, "Before you go too far down that line of thought, I think I should tell you that she is on her way here."

Aaron just sort of stares at Ixiah, "Wait, define, 'on her way here'?"

A sprawled on the floor Ixiah looks back at Aaron, "Your directive to come here, the one that brought you here in the first place, you shared it with her.  Now, she is coming here.  That is why you felt the need to open doors that aren't here."

In that moment, Aaron could not help but wonder what sort of excruciating pain he was about to wakeup to, "We need to get her here... quickly..."
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Nova's mind

Loki bats at her hand playfully as she pokes him, "I didn't eat that much!  Yes, I'm a bit more cheerful now... thank you."

Loki once again became serious when Nova talked about possible latent abilities, "don't worry, you will always be who you are."

As she heads for the door, Nova can hear Loki giggle, "we are both in my bed eh?  Mother said I had to be older before I was allowed to date... let alone sleep with a girl."

Nova's eyes open to find Loki snuggling her and snoozing still.

Command Center

Mother smiled warmly, making even Naz realize that Mother was a very apt name for her, "Indeed, you will be able to fly practice drills with your people soon.  We should be leaving soon here.  Right now though, I believe the major is calling for an all personnel type of meeting in the command center.  You should go and grab the rest of your pilots for this one."

Special Forces area

Alexis snapped 'awake' and spun around looking for Ben or Romulus, "oi, it's time to head to the command center."

Aaron's Mind

Ixiah yawned and nodded in regards to the question about Nova, "we can have her tested as soon as you give the go ahead.  And do not worry about your own abilities, we will help with them."

As Aaron wakes, his head is laying to the side, and he finds himself staring at a fox footpaw.  Ixiah is sitting next to Aaron on his bed, his eyes are currently closed.

It does not take long before Aaron is assaulted by agony.  The pain is quite extreme and Aaron finds himself curling into a fetal position in a  vain attempt to lessen or stifle the pain.   It becomes especially bad for a few moments before dieing down to the typical roar.

"I can help mediate the pain, but I cannot take it all."  Ixiah said with a sigh.

Meanwhile...

A lone vixen maneuvers her way through the halls, pausing to open a doorbefore heading in.  She paused for a moment, checking her injury only to find that it had begun to bleed a bit again.  It was very curious that even this went without any signals, but that did not concern her as she crossed the bay and stood before the ramp leading up into Mother.

ShadesFox

Aaron's bed

Aaron awoke, pulling a few thoughts with him.  Before he had a chance to develop these thoughts into full blown ideas they were run down by the bulk freight hauler called PAIN.

Aaron said, in a tone that was entirely appropriate given the circumstances, "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD IN HEAVEN THE PAAAAAAIN!".

After the pain dies down a bit more and Aaron can collect his thoughts he tells Ixiah, "I would not wish the full extent of this pain on anyone, though  I would greatly appreciate anything you could do for me.  If my feelings on this are right Marissa should be close by now.  Could Cynthia meet her, with the biggest thing of pain killers she has?"
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Aaron's Room

Ixiah nodded, "I have informed Cynthia and she is moving to collect your vixen.  I will see if I can help ease your pain, but I'm rather weak in empathic abilities."

Ixiah closed his eyes and placed his hands on Aaron, he took a deep breath and gnawed on his lip for a second before triggering his effect.  The young fox's mouth sagged open as he filtered the empathic torrent that Aaron was receiving.

Aaron felt marginally better, but that was short lived as Ixiah collapsed, tumbling off the bed.  The blue fox was completely unconscious. 

A sense of dread over came Aaron and he quickly rolled off the bed, forcing back the pain, and shook Ixiah, "wake up!"  For some reason Aaron felt that something bad would happen if Ixiah passed out now.

Ixiah blinked and groaned, "I'm sorry, but I just can't... too much..."

He sat up looking dejected.

Meanwhile...

Carefully, Marissa ascended the ramp, even though her wound did not hurt, the movement caused it to bleed more.  By the time she reached the top, she was feeling faint.

A purple vixen, dressed like a nurse, was there to greet her, "so you are Aaron's girlfriend, interesting.  You look a bit pale my lady."

"huh, girlfriend... I... oh, I feel a bit dizzy... could I sit down somewheres."  Marissa asked, looking a bit confused at the girlfriend remark, "I'm not sure why I came here... I'm supposed to be critically injured."

"exsanguination does tend to make one feel that way, but we should talk later."  Cynthia placed a hand on Marissa and both disappeared in a flash of purple, only to reappear in the medical bay.

"another hospital... oh bother."  Marissa pouted, "I'm tired of them."

"shhh, and lie back, I'm going to have to fix what damage you've done in your trek over here or Aaron might die of shock from the empathic connection."  Cynthia laid Marissa back and applied a sedative and a royal set of painkillers.

Prof B Hunnydew

Captain's cabin

Nova looks at herself and see Loki cuddling against her and she wearing only a thin T-shirt.

"Oh God and Goddess, I am robbing the cradle of ancient child, who won't be marriageable age until I long have turn into space dust" sighs Nova.. "Oh Mother is going to kill me for sure, but I hope I get a last meal, I starving.  Com'n, Loki I hate to awake you, but my stomach will be growling enough to wake the dead in a minute.  And Your Crew await your an appearance." says the catgirl as the green fox seems to want to burrow under the covers and under her shirt.  She puts up with him for a moment, then her stomach did growling..

"Meep!" says a startle Loki into until a sitting position.  Nova rolls off the bed, and makes good her escape.  She quickly goes to the door and "Com'n Loki, I need my clothes....I I I IAH Hello Mother" 

Mother appears as Nova opens the door to the hallway.

PBH

Lushin

Special Forces area
Romulus woke and yawned. He climb out of his bunk and made sure his pants where on. Once he was sure he started to walk to the door shirtless.
"About time. Lets go guys, we've got to figure weither or not we're pawns or rooks"
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.