05/01/2010 [DMFA#1112] Teh gay! It's just a show!

Started by Bjalf, May 01, 2010, 03:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry

Quote from: Rambon on May 01, 2010, 05:20:51 PM
Quote from: Ry on May 01, 2010, 01:51:33 PM

I think it's mostly misconceptions. "The part about liking other men?" "I'm sure that's a minor detail"  :mowwink

I thought that that Amber has told us that that chapter never happened in the main Dmfa Story-line?

Did she also say that Dan is acting 100% out of character for that arc as well? Just because something isn't canon (aka- it didn't actually happen) doesn't mean it isn't in character (aka- it's an accurate reflection of his knowledge of homosexuality)

Brownie

Quote from: Naldru on May 01, 2010, 11:33:34 AM
Could Tina and Merlara be younger relatives of Kria who Abel played with as a child?

Notice that Lorenda's name wasn't mentioned.  I guess Abel doesn't know that Lorenda is a Soulstealer.  He also probably doesn't know that Aliph is the Dark Pegasus who recently attacked Dan.

Could the names have been a list of people that Abel is going to have dinner with along with a few other family friends?

On Thursday perhaps? So he can meet Lorenda with her own family?

latei

Could Melara or Tina be the red striped Soulstealer as seen in comic 951.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Bjalf on May 01, 2010, 03:16:32 AM
Hmmm, does Abel know about Dan's feud with Aliph? Or that whole Regina debacle?

Not unless someone told him since he left SAIA mere days or weeks ago.

Quote from: Zedd on May 01, 2010, 05:52:47 AM
All my children,or as the World turns...I admit I liked a few soaps back then...

As The Stomach Turns.

Quote from: Lucheek on May 01, 2010, 11:21:20 AM
and I'm really intrested in seeing Tina and Merlara now.

If they're still alive. I'm sure the last Abel could have heard anything about them would have been over 300 years ago, the last time he was outside of SAIA.

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 01, 2010, 01:52:49 PM
...I, however, have more important concerns...

Like how the heck did Fi refill that bowl of popcorn so fast without eating half of it?

Not likely, but it could have warped to wherever things it "consumes" go and regathered popcorn.

Quote from: latei on May 02, 2010, 01:27:51 AM
Could Melara or Tina be the red striped Soulstealer as seen in comic 951.

Could be, or that could be an ancestor.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Turnsky

the way i see it, Dan doesn't know any better. He hasn't got many (read: Jy's the only one) Gay friends. He probably genuinely thinks Abel is gay, 'cuz he, unlike Wildy, hasn't asked, and just assumed.

and has all the eloquence of a cinderblock sometimes.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Merlin on May 01, 2010, 09:14:47 PM
Quote from: Infranscia on May 01, 2010, 02:19:49 PM
*looks up the simple Soulstealer family tree*  Hmm...  Looks like it pretty much only shows what's needed to show Regina's relation to the others with nothing extra.  Regina's not close enough to the line for her to have any close relation to someone with the Soulstealer name, I guess.

Seems to me that at least one of the two names is probably Lorenda's grandmother, married into the family, with the other being the great-aunt shown as her grandfather's sister.  I'm thinking it may also be vaguely possible for 'Melara' to be a guy (we don't know that much about creature naming), and thus Mel could be the grandfather, but it's iffy.

No way. If we're going to be wildly speculating, we gotta go the whole haul. They're all clearly Kria's identical twins. Er, quadruplets.

Yes, even Aliph.

obviously the family tree is lacking some detail, but I assure you this is probably correct

<mad theory time>

If we really have to go all out, their mother could have been a virgin to boot, and they could have gotten all religious like and written a huge book about it, a long, long time ago, which describes in gory detail and fantastical ways how the four siblings went ahead and became great demonic prophets of their time.

And then came the time, when the holy son of Ailiph was slain by the great evil cubi, Daniel ti'Fona - But the Holy Son persevered and became the great ZOMBIE PROPHET ! Whom rose from his grave to show other demons the truth of his origins .. or something. because he was part of the holy foursome!

And why not also have one of the quadruplets being a time traveller .. and a hermaphrodite, that travels back in time, to find out how their mother became pregnant by herself, only to find out that she didn't exist and then have him/her take her place as his/her own mother and suddenly having quadruplets out of nowhere !

And .. and .. and ... Ailph let his/her people go ... to the movies ... and ...

*starts to foam at mouth*

gargle gargle

*thud*

:zombiekun2

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Drayco84

Crap, Anker's turned zombie... Don't worry, dear friend. I'll put you out of your misery soon.
*Tink, tink, tink, Fwoo.*
*FA-WOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!*
I take no pleasure from this... (Heeeeeeeehehehehehehehehehehehe! Lookit 'im burn!) Okay, so I lied.

Although, I am more than a little disturbed at Dan's descent into Homer Simpson-ism... I mean, I know he's dense, but blaming Abel for it? Yeesh... Just sit down and TALK to him ya macaroon...

Shachza

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 07, 2010, 10:38:43 AM
Just sit down and TALK to him ya macaroon...

It actually is...  IRL too, sadly enough.
:tingle
            <-- #1 that is!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 07, 2010, 10:38:43 AM
Although, I am more than a little disturbed at Dan's descent into Homer Simpson-ism... I mean, I know he's dense, but blaming Abel for it?

That's really about strip 1113, but whatever - Yes, in real-life that would be a completely stupid accusation.  In Furrae, it's not that clear-cut.

'Cubi are powerful, magical creatures, who have a reputation for deception and trickery.  The stereotype that Dan has read about - and that Aary tried to live up to - is that they seduce people and then eat their souls.  Dan has been terrified that he might do this himself one day.
Granted, this is not the sort of thing that Abel would do from what we know about him, but Dan doesn't have that benefit.
If I were in Dan's position, the idea that a 'Cubi might do something weird to manipulate one of your friends is not one I'd ignore.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E