04/26/10 [TDA #5] - No good deed…

Started by Jairus, April 26, 2010, 05:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

*whistles the awesome song* Yup, here comes trouble.

And isn't it fun to turn the logic around and see how people react when their beliefs are being fired back at them?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

I do hope that angel would act as a sensible person and not jump to conclusions. :.

Zedd

Hey what can I say,soul replacement is not a fun task,no as fun being caught when trying to do something good with your immortal lifespan

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on April 26, 2010, 05:32:13 PM
And isn't it fun to turn the logic around and see how people react when their beliefs are being fired back at them?

I figure that many 'Cubi will do at least one idiotic thing when they're fresh out of SAIA.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 26, 2010, 06:01:26 PM
Quote from: Jairus on April 26, 2010, 05:32:13 PM

I figure that many 'Cubi will do at least one idiotic thing when they're fresh out of SAIA.

*cough* Yeah..

Tapewolf

...and in other news, it seems we've outgrown the Half-moon Theatre.  This is going to take some getting used to  :B

Incidentally, it was originally going to be called "Arctic Base", until Darkmoon pointed out that an Arctic base in the middle of a village is kind of weird.

Amber Williams

Zedd

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 26, 2010, 06:56:31 PM
...and in other news, it seems we've outgrown the Half-moon Theatre.  This is going to take some getting used to  :B

Incidentally, it was originally going to be called "Arctic Base", until Darkmoon pointed out that an Arctic base in the middle of a village is kind of weird.

So, why is it called Jayhawk HQ now?

Tapewolf

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on April 26, 2010, 07:33:57 PM
Because Ren liked it, I think.  Personally I would have gone for 'Research Labs'.
Anyway, the boards are named after a location, and the HQ of Jayhawk Cybernetics is one of those which will be appearing in the comic in a few months time.
This may not be entirely coherent.  I must sleep now.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 26, 2010, 07:39:52 PM
Quote from: kusanagi-sama on April 26, 2010, 07:33:57 PM
Because Ren liked it, I think.  Personally I would have gone for 'Research Labs'.
Anyway, the boards are named after a location, and the HQ of Jayhawk Cybernetics is one of those which will be appearing in the comic in a few months time.
This may not be entirely coherent.  I must sleep now.

Ah, that makes sense.

Madmann135

I would not have guessed that Jakob would be such a great actor.  Not only did he scare her but he probably got her off of soul eating for a few hundred years if not life.

Still a possible challenger as a cliffhanger.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

VAE

And yet another cubi learns the value of stealth....
It is fun how Jakob gives his future enemies opportunity to  learn valuable survival skills.,,
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

joshofspam

I don't know if an angel will be trouble or not.

If Tapes angels are anything like Amber's angels he might just leave with a comment or try to black mail Jacob. Then again from  what was said about them here it may not come to a suprise to me that this guy knows what Jacob is doing and just doesn't know why Jacob is saving him when his soul is just freshly picked.

Nothing beats freshly picked. though I'd wash it before I'd eat it. After all we don't know if that cubi washed her hands.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on April 27, 2010, 12:33:47 AM
If Tapes angels are anything like Amber's angels he might just leave with a comment or try to black mail Jacob. Then again from  what was said about them here it may not come to a suprise to me that this guy knows what Jacob is doing and just doesn't know why Jacob is saving him when his soul is just freshly picked.

Jakob's first reaction will be to play the "I'm just a Being" card, but that depends on how much Zivan knows or has guessed.

Quote from: Madmann135 on April 26, 2010, 07:47:52 PM
I would not have guessed that Jakob would be such a great actor.  Not only did he scare her but he probably got her off of soul eating for a few hundred years if not life.
Jakob's about 890 here, so he's had far more practice at it.  Not that you'd really want to call someone's bluff in that situation anyway.

Brunhidden

it would seem like acting and poker are both classes that you need to take several years of to get anywhere after they leave SAIA

pity, if they had classes in 'suspicious bastard' i would enroll tomorrow
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Raskahn

Normally, when one walks in on a scene like this (dead being on the bed with a pillow on his dangly bits and someone reaching over.)
It would be best to say:"Oookay, never mind me! I'll just pretend I didn't see what I thought I saw and I'll be right outside the room, applying brainbleach whilst contacting the authorities."

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on April 29, 2010, 06:23:28 AM
Normally, when one walks in on a scene like this (dead being on the bed with a pillow on his dangly bits and someone reaching over.)
It would be best to say:"Oookay, never mind me! I'll just pretend I didn't see what I thought I saw and I'll be right outside the room, applying brainbleach whilst contacting the authorities."

I knew I should have made the guy cough or something, because he does still look a little too dead.  As for the authorities, it's worth bearing in mind that they don't seem to be terribly effective in the more hick parts of Furrae, so it would probably be something an adventurer would deal with.  Like Zivan.

Tapewolf

Spooks let me know that she's busy with real life, so unfortunately it looks like we'll be missing this update.  Fingers crossed that we'll be able to update next time, but we'll have to see.  Bad luck that it coincides with Ren's absence as well.

Tapewolf

I now have the line-art for the next page.  Hopefully I'll be updating it tonight, but we'll have to see.