23 (28.8%)
2X-Large
11 (13.8%)
3X-Large
4 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 69

DMFA_Store

Are you ready?

Help the DMFA Store order wisely - what size do you wear? All sizes are based off of American men's t-shirts.

We look forward to working with you!

edit:

We proudly announce the issue of another wiku-worm shirt (on a black t-shirt):

Available at Califur (June 4-6) and Anthrocon (June 24-27)!
Want to be sure that your size is available? Reserve a shirt today - PM DMFA_Store for reservations (first come, first serve. Reservations to DMFA_Store will be filled before any to other locations.)

VAE

Is it american or european sizes (it now occured to me)?
Because i have heard american L == european XL.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

DMFA_Store

American - thank you for bringing that up.  I've edited the first post to reflect that.

Anker Steadfast

I usually buy mine a tad larger than if I can test them out, partly because I like loose clothes, and partly because you never know the real size.
You should see the sizes they use in Vietnam, I ended up buying 4X clothes there.  :D

Adding actual measurements in the store might be a good thing, if they are available.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Also, what are the shirts made out of? :. I ask because 100% cotton does shrink, when you wash it, so that is something to consider with shirt sizes.

Tezkat

Yeah. American t-shirt sizes tend to fit quite large. I'm 5'10" and 195 lbs, and I usually wear a men's medium. Granted, I do like them a bit on the form fitting side.

Anyways... pretty cool that DMFA is finally getting a storefront. :mowcookie Any hints on what t-shirt designs will be available?
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

I note that I don't wear "t-shird"s at all. So I corrected the poll... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cvstos

2XL, but I'm working on getting that down to just XL (my frame won't allow anything smaller than that). 65 lbs dropped so far!
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

VAE

hmm, now it makes more difficult thinking of L or XL - i am about 6'0' and *calculates* 230 lbs. so with respect to tezkat L should be enough, but then what if it will be short?
Any good advice? (Because my family gets most of my clothing normally due to me being stereotypical uncaring man in this respect.  :blush)
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Emerauld Drathmir

XS normally, but it's hard to find, so I have them tailored down.
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Damaris

Give the poor store a break, guys, it's obviously not very smart ;)

Ballpark it.  I'm sure several of you will be able to check in person at some cons coming up... and then they'll know more about sizes.

By the way, guys, we know from whence the account comes, and this is on the level.

Otherwise we would have already obliterated it, and mocked it thoroughly. Because we rock like that.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on April 23, 2010, 04:08:25 PM
Also, what are the shirts made out of? :. I ask because 100% cotton does shrink, when you wash it, so that is something to consider with shirt sizes.
I'm not sure I would wear mine much, just to avoid washing it and damaging the print.

EDIT:
As for designs, I suspect a 'Gay for Abel' shirt would do pretty well, though frankly I'm such a sucker for the idea of DMFA memorabilia that I'd buy almost anything.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Ah.  I was wondering when this was going to pop up.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 24, 2010, 04:23:55 AM
Ah.  I was wondering when this was going to pop up.
Yeah, I did have some misgivings.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

I had heard some rumblings of it, but nothing official or concrete until now.  Glad to see this ball is moving.  But for some reason, I think my wallet is avoiding me.  It's like it senses it's impending doom.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Damaris on April 23, 2010, 10:20:20 PM
By the way, guys, we know from whence the account comes, and this is on the level.

Otherwise we would have already obliterated it, and mocked it thoroughly. Because we rock like that.

Note that prior to this post showing up, at least two of the mods had already logged in and checked the origins of the account. Not counting the three who organised creating it...

So, uh, yeah. We're on the ball. ;-]

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 24, 2010, 04:46:15 AM
I had heard some rumblings of it, but nothing official or concrete until now.  Glad to see this ball is moving.  But for some reason, I think my wallet is avoiding me.  It's like it senses it's impending doom.

I know, mine barricaded itself in the sock drawer....
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Hanii Puppy

You all make me feel short and skinny :<

I take small sized shirts in the european sizes.

The average male height in the united kingdom is supposed to be 5'9", and I'm 6' ... and yet almost everyone I know is a good 3 or 4 inches taller than me Dx maybe Scots are taller than other nationalities in the UK ...

... what was I talking about again?

Mao

6'2~3"   240lbs.  I ish beeg Canadian. :3

XL-2XL is my usual size.

Icalasari

Medium, but my shirts are starting to get a little small, so I'll say large. Better safe than sorry
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Hanii Puppy on April 24, 2010, 02:08:15 PM
'The average male height in the united kingdom is supposed to be 5'9", and I'm 6' ... and yet almost everyone I know is a good 3 or 4 inches taller than me Dx maybe Scots are taller than other nationalities in the UK ...

Maybe. I'd say it depends on where you go. On the streets around here, I'm average, leaning on smaller than many. In church, I'm taller than most, to the point that I have a good view of the area in front of the altar.

I'm 5'7", though. Last time I checked, about 1712mm, give or take a couple (it was measured on carpet, but thin stuff.) I've picked up about 4kgs recently, though, so I'm up to 64.5... that's about 140lbs.

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 24, 2010, 03:40:35 AM
As for designs, I suspect a 'Gay for Abel' shirt would do pretty well, though frankly I'm such a sucker for the idea of DMFA memorabilia that I'd buy almost anything.

Heh. I'd totally buy one of those. Are there going to be multiple colour offerings? I'd kinda prefer the design on a black shirt the way the original image was set up.

Mind you, I'm not sure I'd actually wear it in public outside of furry cons... :animesweat

Reese Tora

I put down Large size, but there's enough variance in actual shirt sizes that some times Medium is better.

I don't know that I would order a DMFA shirt, but there's a distinct possibility I might pick one up if Amber had them for sale at a table at a convention.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

VAE

Quote from: Tezkat on April 24, 2010, 03:42:39 PM

Heh. I'd totally buy one of those. Are there going to be multiple colour offerings? I'd kinda prefer the design on a black shirt the way the original image was set up.

Mind you, I'm not sure I'd actually wear it in public outside of furry cons... :animesweat

Luckily since i dislike abel, i am spared of such dillema. But then if they had a pink background Fa'lina one, it would be much the same problem.

Now seriously, if anyone cares for suggestions, Aaryana's pride dialogue ("And it's a sin you should be proud of damnit!") would be an utterly awesome design.
Saphroneth

Sofox

You know, I wouldn't mind a "Gay for Able" shirt without the accompanying text.

I kinda like more "iconic" shirts. I don't mind having shirts where I people could recognise the comic it is from, but I always like the shirt to more give a feeling or expression as to what it's about and leave it to people's imagination to make up the rest.

For instance, the only two webcomic t-shirts I bought were the ones with this design and this one.

Having said all that, I would wear anything with Amber's art on it.

Sunblink

Oh man, this is legit? HOORAY! I'd love a gay for Abel shirt. :) I can't wait to see all the merchandise.

I... have gained a lot of weight (160 pounds), so I probably need to wear an XL, but the thing is I always wear men's shirts when I'm dressing casually. They don't conform to my body shape, so I feel more comfortable.

So Men's shirts, Large.

Mao

I think that, before we all start jumping on and saying "I want a Gay for Abel shirt!"  we should just wait and see if it's one of the things offered.

Tezkat

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 24, 2010, 06:04:22 PM
I think that, before we all start jumping on and saying "I want a Gay for Abel shirt!"  we should just wait and see if it's one of the things offered.

Heh... failure to recognize consumer demand? :mowtongue

Mao

Maybe, or maybe there's something else possibly better coming.

Sofox

Keep in mind, Amber likes high quality stuff (part of the reason the calendar and and possibly other merchandise never quite moved forward), so we can't expect the designs on the shirts to be changed as easily as if it were Cafepress.

Anyway, I don't know what I was worried about in my earlier post, Amber has incredible aesthetic skill, and as Mao revealed, an interest in fashion, so whatever we get it's gonna be good.

No pressure Amber!