04/20/10 [TDA #4] - Delicious Cubi souls, yum!

Started by Ren Gaulen, April 20, 2010, 06:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Poor girl, she seems to have critically failed her bluff roll. Several times. :B

Also, evil Jakob is evil. :U But he has the power of Jeezus, so he can't be all that bad! 8D (← 'tis an Awesome Face)

Raskahn

joshofspam

Crime and punishment between cubi's must really be a serious thing if this is any indication.

Sucking ones soul was something I thought Jacob didn't like doing if he didn't have to.

Though I do wonder if that's what is going to happen. I take it when two cubi go at it for eachothers souls it gets rather nasty.

Hope the guy will be alright there.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Depends on the comparative skill levels. If one is significantly more powerful or better trained than the other, I'd expect it to be pretty much the same as Cubi -> Being; ie, fish, barrel, dynamite, match.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ChaosMageX

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 20, 2010, 09:19:50 AM
Depends on the comparative skill levels. If one is significantly more powerful or better trained than the other, I'd expect it to be pretty much the same as Cubi -> Being; ie, fish, barrel, dynamite, match.

Unless the weaker one has an ace up their sleeve, such as power restricting restraint manacles/handcuffs that would reduce their opponent's abilities to being level...if they managed to get them on early enough in the battle, which could still be a challenge.

But, it can be done.  How else would beings manage to restrain creatures for execution?

Something to restrain a creature's power (and paralyze them so they couldn't get it off) could be as simple as a piece of parchment with runic enchantments on it that's fastened to the nook of an arrow to be launched at the enemy creature.

Icon by Sunblink

Amber Williams

Mao

Ren Gaulen

Madmann135

"TROMBE!!!"

I am confused about one thing.  Jakob said that he did not eat real souls.
Is it a bluff where he kills her and locks her soul away in a beer bottle?  
Or is he going to scare the living daylights out of her and 'eat' her fear?
...or what?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on April 20, 2010, 12:30:03 PM
I am confused about one thing.

The incongruity between what he's saying in the last panel and, say, panel 4?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 20, 2010, 12:47:26 PM
Meh!

MEH!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!

I know English, some fragments of German and both words of the Ummite language, but unfortunately I don't know sheep.  Can anyone translate this as per rule 8?

EDIT:
FWIW, things start moving in chapter 2.

Mao

Tapewolf

Mao

Blame Amber.  She's the one who sent it to me originally.

Sunblink

wat

On-topic, I still maintain that that second panel is frigging awesome, and the cat Succubus's facial expressions are great. WALLPAPER PLZ!

QuoteI know English, some fragments of German and both words of the Ummite language, but unfortunately I don't know sheep.  Can anyone translate this as per rule 8?

Sorry, Babelfish doesn't have a Sheep-to-English feature :(

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 20, 2010, 02:39:36 PM
On-topic, I still maintain that that second panel is frigging awesome, and the cat Succubus's facial expressions are great. WALLPAPER PLZ!

Oh yes.  I suck at wallpapers, but if anyone wants to play with it:
http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/AngryJakob.png

Zedd

SOULS!!

That is all..

Tapewolf

Okay, fixed the wing highlights.  Fingers crossed we'll be able to update Monday, but we'll have to see.  If not, I might post a hint or two as I hate delays when there are cliffhangers involved.

For what it's worth - and I did mentioned this in the previous thread - this storyline is somewhat darker than most of mine.  It does not bend over trying to idolise the 'Cubi race or paint them as 'just misunderstood' and it doesn't exactly give a rose-tinted view of a medieval fantasy either.

joshofspam

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 20, 2010, 12:47:26 PM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 20, 2010, 12:19:55 PM
Weh.

Meh!

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 20, 2010, 12:26:20 PM
Wah!

MEH!

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 20, 2010, 12:30:23 PM
Pah.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!

I don't know really whats going on here, but it sounds like a  singer warming up.

Took some chorus in middle high school and boy did my memory problems really screw me up when it was my turn to sing anything.

On to a different topic. does anyone think she'll be DEAD BY DAWN?

Madmann135

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 20, 2010, 12:40:25 PM
Quote from: Madmann135 on April 20, 2010, 12:30:03 PM
I am confused about one thing.

The incongruity between what he's saying in the last panel and, say, panel 4?

My confusion comes from the other short stories, the main one, the cast page and this story.  Jakob, though has his dark side, always kept soul consumption as a forbidden act that he would not do.  I can understand killing her, scaring the crap out of her and locking her soul away for a while but I always figured that he would never under any normal circumstance allow himself to eat a sapient/sentient soul.  Absorbing energy that was fabricated for the purpose of soul substation is OK.

That is my confusion.  If he does do what he is implying then he is not acting like the Jakob I take him for.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Madmann135 on April 21, 2010, 12:23:00 AM
My confusion comes from the other short stories, the main one, the cast page and this story.  Jakob, though has his dark side, always kept soul consumption as a forbidden act that he would not do.  I can understand killing her, scaring the crap out of her and locking her soul away for a while but I always figured that he would never under any normal circumstance allow himself to eat a sapient/sentient soul.  Absorbing energy that was fabricated for the purpose of soul substation is OK.

That is my confusion.  If he does do what he is implying then he is not acting like the Jakob I take him for.
I'm actually pretty sure that is what he is trying to achieve. :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 21, 2010, 03:04:40 AM
I'm actually pretty sure that is what he is trying to achieve. :P

It would certainly be more in-character.

joshofspam

Actually the threat in the fourth panel makes sense if he's just bluffing.

But we also know that Jacob in the future likes to pull peoples legs every once and a while by his own group threat to Josh after he resurrected his friend and that little explanation after laughing it up.

No sense letting a meal slip you by when you eat fear and have someone at gun point either. In all seriousness I would guess that Jacob's clan is one of the best at bluffing or they watch to much Dirty Harry movies. :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 20, 2010, 09:19:50 AM

This is something I forgot to mention.  Daisy here is still pretty green at life outside the Academy.  Jakob, on the other hand has 500-600 years more experience.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: joshofspam on April 20, 2010, 10:19:43 PM
On to a different topic. does anyone think she'll be DEAD BY DAWN?

Try "by evening", it was still light out a couple strips ago.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen