Nguard Sends Word from Iraq

Started by bradypodidae, March 30, 2010, 08:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradypodidae

ngaurd is a member of CMF, but is better known on the JAVGW chat. He is currently about a third of the way through his one year deployment to Iraq with the Army National Guard. Even in this modern era of communications, things like email are still problematic. I have c/p his message I received today below. Anyone interested in contacting the Lieutenant please PM me here and I will pass along his email address to you.

nguard sends:

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hey gunny/bradypoditae-- sorry I have been out of touch for so long, but between being busy and the connectivity issues here, well...

Do me a favor and tell everybody at the JAVGW I said Hi.  At last count there were 3 sets of tin cans connected with 550 cord in series between here and CONUS. And that was after the up-grades, because I have heard comments about the old fire/smoke signal beacons that were here earlier.

I won't mind if you forward my current email (this one that I am writing you from) addy to the gang.  I am able occasionally to get to FA to check on the arts by Lucheek and some of the others, but writing out from my personal laptop is proving difficult.  Since I am (for now!) the assistant S-6, I can use my work email to write out.

Thank you for the prayers. They seem to be working, because there are so far (knocks on wood) no accidents, injuries, or major problems.

NOTE: Admin/Mods; hopefully I placed this in the correct area, if not, please move. Thanks.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

llearch n'n'daCorna

This seems as good a place as any. We could move to to the Tower of Fiends, but there's some Lost Lake and/or CWM relevance present, so meh.

And yes, we miss him.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Yes! So he is doing fine! Wonderful!

I've seen his name lurking here on the forums every now and then, and made a comment on it to the others in the last cast. I know everyone will be -very- happy to see that he's finally managed to get a word out, too.

Lysander

Ah, yes, that is good to hear! Thanks for the info, Brady.  :januscat
TytajLucheek