Couch-eating bunny?

Started by Drayco84, March 31, 2010, 12:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drayco84

Odd... Mine have never actually tried eating the couch itself...

On the other hand, power cords, (Most notably laptop cords.) just are NOT safe... Walls, and anything made out of paper or cardboard are viewed as "edible" to said bunnies...

entropicage

Drayco84

This is a late response to Amber's news post. Nothing more, really.

Prof B Hunnydew

And of course Xepher.com is down.... So no one can check up the Death--ah ---- the destructive bunnies out...

Their cutiness is an illusion, and they will come and eat us all yet...

PBH

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Anker Steadfast

I have to agree on the bit about bunnies and powercords. :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Morgan

I always thought my bunny was neurotic. I don't really know why they chew on things that are bad for them... It's not like my bunny didn't have other stuff to chew on. o_O

bilbo-sama

One of my two rabbits seems to growl at everyone all the time. I'm also becoming convinced that he's really female as the last time I had a rabbit who did that was a girl. That and he's really fluffy 'down there' so its really hard to tell.

...The other one discovered puberty. His, er, best friend is a Horton plushie. Yeah.

Both like to chew the crap out of the towels we cover their cages with...which is not really surprising.  :3

Drayco84

Quote from: bilbo-sama on April 01, 2010, 12:41:10 AM
One of my two rabbits seems to growl at everyone all the time. I'm also becoming convinced that he's really female as the last time I had a rabbit who did that was a girl. That and he's really fluffy 'down there' so its really hard to tell.

...The other one discovered puberty. His, er, best friend is a Horton plushie. Yeah.

Both like to chew the crap out of the towels we cover their cages with...which is not really surprising.  :3
Ehhh, after you've seen it a dozen times, it barely phases ya...

Are both of those bunnies separate? If not, then they'd better be separated PDQ or else you're gonna have five times the trouble. (A pregnant female normally gives birth to ten kits per litter.) And it doesn't take long for the mission to be accomplished, either...

bilbo-sama

We do have them separated. I doubt we have room for a bunch of baby bunnies....which would probably look silly as my rabbits are a Lionhead's Head and a Mini Lop.

LionHeart

Quote from: Morgan on March 31, 2010, 11:26:46 PM
I always thought my bunny was neurotic. I don't really know why they chew on things that are bad for them... It's not like my bunny didn't have other stuff to chew on. o_O
Well, rabbits do need to chew on things, to keep their front teeth worn down. Those front teeth never stop growing...

My own "Cord-eating bunny" story: My friend had a rabbit (dwarf Rex, IIRC - really short velvet-like fur) some years ago, that had the run of the house. She (my friend) called me one day, and asked me to tape some shows for her. It seemed that she had moved her TV cabinet out from the wall, and not put it back properly. And the bunny (his name was "Magic") had discovered the space behind it, and the cables for the VCR...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

VAE

Definitely not a problem here :D In my family, and pretty much all people i know , rabbits are food, not pets!
Cats are so much nicer anyway, and tend to live longer, except for car and rat-poison-stupid-neighbor accidents
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Trazz

Quote from: danman on April 01, 2010, 12:44:12 PM
Definitely not a problem here :D In my family, and pretty much all people i know , rabbits are food, not pets!
Cats are so much nicer anyway, and tend to live longer, except for car and rat-poison-stupid-neighbor accidents

Mmm... Rabbit... Goes great with some venison, if ya ask me

Draken

Venison is awesome.  Dad gets it every year, from hunting.  Just can't eat rabbit.  I like 'em too much.  Fire up the bambi chops!
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Aurawyn

I had a bunny once.. named him Spackle.. he liked to er... hump one of my cats.. hehe

Anker Steadfast

Yeah, rabbits *like* cats that way.

It's their way of showing that they care.

:D

Morgan

Quote from: LionHeart on April 01, 2010, 11:55:46 AM
Well, rabbits do need to chew on things, to keep their front teeth worn down. Those front teeth never stop growing...

I most certainly understand that part about bunnies! Which is why I gave mine things to chew other than the stuff I owned. :)

Either way, right now I have pet snails (Sherman, Sleeveston, and Squinch), and they're way cooler and easier.  :mowhappy

Tapewolf

Quote from: Morgan on April 02, 2010, 12:25:42 PM
I most certainly understand that part about bunnies! Which is why I gave mine things to chew other than the stuff I owned. :)

Either way, right now I have pet snails...
Am I the only one who initially thought that the snails were there for the bunnies to chew on...?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Aurawyn on April 01, 2010, 09:32:49 PM
I had a bunny once.. named him Spackle.. he liked to er... hump one of my cats.. hehe

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 02, 2010, 03:05:12 AM

Yea, RIGHT

And they never call before hand , they just show up and it's   ah  ah ....
and then they are never there the morning after... or call ya the next day or next week ...  They are just Boom and ska do.

:mowtongue
PBH

DRAKEN -Get away from me with that knife, before I dipp you in your own BarQ sauce and flameboil you instead.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on April 02, 2010, 03:02:49 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 02, 2010, 03:05:12 AM
Quote from: Aurawyn on April 01, 2010, 09:32:49 PMI had a bunny once.. named him Spackle.. he liked to er... hump one of my cats.. hehe

Yea, RIGHT

And they never call before hand , they just show up and it's   ah  ah ....
and then they are never there the morning after... or call ya the next day or next week ...  They are just Boom and ska do.

It's true - Rabbit are terrible players, jumping from cat to cat to rabbit to car tyre to cat to rabbit.
And never once will they send a x-mas card with anything else but a "hey sexy" message in it.

I guess it's just the way they are.
But they CARE, I'm sure of it.
Well, I think so.
Possibly.
Maybe.

:tighthug

Morgan

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 02, 2010, 12:34:56 PM
Quote from: Morgan on April 02, 2010, 12:25:42 PM

Either way, right now I have pet snails...
Am I the only one who initially thought that the snails were there for the bunnies to chew on...?

Snail-chewing-on by bunnies will result in a swift rabbit dinner. Rawr.  :mowninja

AmigaDragon

Quote from: bilbo-sama on April 01, 2010, 12:41:10 AM
Quote from: Aurawyn on April 01, 2010, 09:32:49 PM

The minilop (Stanley) my boss keeps at work thinks his best friend (girlfriend) is a dog 3-4 times his size... Jasper doesn't appreciate the attention and he'll occasionally snap at Stanley to say "I'm not that kind of girl... or any kind".
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Morgan on April 02, 2010, 04:38:57 PM

Snail-chewing-on by bunnies will result in a swift rabbit dinner. Rawr.  :mowninja

Okay something is backwards here,  Bunny are cuddly and Snails make good eating ....mmmmm
but so do wabbits.

PBH

Anker Steadfast

Heh, this whole discussion about bunny reminds of a webcomic called Strays, in which this happen :

Page 1
Page 2

Very fitting I reckon.
There's a difference on pets and food, I guess.

:bunny <-- food

Edit :
I forgot to mention that the Stray webcomic can be rather violent and bloody at time, so not for small children.
Just figured I ought to warn about such. :)

Aurawyn

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 02, 2010, 10:46:14 PM
Heh, this whole discussion about bunny reminds of a webcomic called Strays, in which this happen :

Page 1
Page 2

Very fitting I reckon.

Edit :
I forgot to mention that the Stray webcomic can be rather violent and bloody at time, so not for small children.

ARGH NON ONONONN....

not another web comic that looks cool and now i want to read it.. Do you have ANY idea how many I currently read!! I don't need another!!

=p lol @ this thread

Chakat Blackspots

Page 1
Page 2

Very fitting I reckon.

Edit :

Its really strange when an artist like that gives humans a tail like that.  Sometimes I wonder if its because he secretly likes furries but would rather have the attention from the main crowd so that he can get noticed more?

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Aurawyn on April 03, 2010, 09:28:23 AM

Page 1
Page 2

Very fitting I reckon.

Edit :
ARGH NON ONONONN....

not another web comic that looks cool and now i want to read it.. Do you have ANY idea how many I currently read!! I don't need another!!

Oh RLY ?

Well, I guess we all like our superhero comics, or perhaps something involving angels. And then there's always Fantasy comics to lean on with glorious magic and gloriously flawed characters.

Oh yes, I have a long list of comics too.
Note : Teens and up for all the comics just linked.

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on April 03, 2010, 12:47:48 PMIts really strange when an artist like that gives humans a tail like that.  Sometimes I wonder if its because he secretly likes furries but would rather have the attention from the main crowd so that he can get noticed more?

Or possibly he just want to make it easy for his audience to see the difference between the races, without having to go to too much trouble of drawing them vastly differently.