CMF Userbars and Userboxes (Free Signature Images Inside!)

Started by Mao, March 19, 2010, 02:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suwako

As requested by PM by Kipiru:

Forum

Special note: Still doing requests, Feel free to ask me to change some pictures into userbars, It generally doesn't take any time at all since I know the sizes and how to do it in the fastest way I believe is possible within gimp.  Again, provide links to the pictures you wish me to use if you request something. ( though I believe that goes without saying )

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on March 24, 2010, 02:26:20 PM
I was using Photoshop for a moment so I thought I'd make these bars. We already have a Cyra bar.

Cubi Clan Leaders
...No Dimanika because I couldn't figure out how to fit her in the bar. There are two of Taun and Zezzuva because I couldn't decide on an angle, and I thought I'd let whoever decides to use these choose.

Spinny does wonders!!!

Cubi clan leaders

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Suwako

Darkmoon

Quote from: Tytaj on March 24, 2010, 01:47:04 PM
I myself find it more pleasant to the eye to have the same border colour for all pictures, It gives me a carnaval feeling seeing all those border colours next to another.  :U It seems a bit messy and unorderly in my opinion. but, meh.

It suits CVRPG and it's various font colors.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Suwako

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on March 24, 2010, 03:03:38 PM
Quote from: Tytaj on March 24, 2010, 01:47:04 PM
I myself find it more pleasant to the eye to have the same border colour for all pictures, It gives me a carnaval feeling seeing all those border colours next to another.  :U It seems a bit messy and unorderly in my opinion. but, meh.

It suits CVRPG and it's various font colors.

Sorry, I was just expressing my personal feelings on the looks of coloured borders, I was aware that the characters all have another font colour, however I still felt like I had to explain why I did not go into colouring my borders myself.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tytaj on March 24, 2010, 03:00:34 PM
Done.

That's great, thanks!  Thanks for the PSD as well.

Now, I'm going to have to see if I can choose which of the hundreds of available icons to fit in my statusbar...

On another note, I've put the framework up here:
http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/Userbarkit.psd

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Thanks for making a Dimanika bar, Tytaj :)

I edited the Abel bar I made a few days ago so it's less squished.

I mainly did this because bah, he's always so unhappy-looking.

Project Future

I could've resisted, but I didn't want to.

Kipiru

Thanks for the kit Tape- this is fun  :mowhappy Here is another Fa'Lina bar:

Zedd

Kipiru

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Suwako

Mao

Can I suggest not going too wild on alternate bars of the same character?

Suwako

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 26, 2010, 06:44:57 AM
Can I suggest not going too wild on alternate bars of the same character?
\

Lotsa characters already have two :3 Or more ( Matilda~~ Fa'Lina ~~ )  :3

Mao

One or two seems fine, but we are already overloading the thread with images as it is.  I'm just suggesting going a bit easy on the multiples..not saying to not do them, just to not go too crazy.  We have the fan bars so you can show you're a fan of the character.  You don't need to create a bunch of fanbars of them to show it.

Suwako

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 26, 2010, 07:09:39 AM
One or two seems fine, but we are already overloading the thread with images as it is.  I'm just suggesting going a bit easy on the multiples..not saying to not do them, just to not go too crazy.  We have the fan bars so you can show you're a fan of the character.  You don't need to create a bunch of fanbars of them to show it.

They're not all on the same page, so it hardly matters, doesn't it?

Example, outside of signatures only 13 images have been posted :B

The first page has over a 100 unique pictures...

Mao

That's only one of the two points I covered, and yes, it's a minor one, but the plan was to host these somewhere eventually.  The main point is that the bars are designed to show that you are a fan of the character.  Creating multiple ones of that character, in retrospect, seems redundant.  Again, I'm not suggesting to NOT do it.  Just don't go too crazy with it.  We don't need 100+ Dan bars.  We could probably make them as there are 100's of pictures of Dan through out the comic.  It's not really necessary though.

Suwako

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 26, 2010, 07:15:16 AM
That's only one of the two points I covered, and yes, it's a minor one, but the plan was to host these somewhere eventually.  

The person who hosts them somewhere else can also make multiple pages of ''alternatives''  
After all it would just be a matter of typing '<ahref= etc.'' and hosting a separate page of images. People are generally creatures who want to be unique, therefore don't like to have to exactly  same picture of a character as someone else to establish their uniqueness.  Of course not all people are like this, but many people will not want to follow in the ''copycat'' behaviour and be different.

Mao

Then why use a fanbar at all?  That's just copycat behavior.  In fact, this is just a big copycat from the Katbox.

I'm not trying to argue with you or say that anyone is doing anything wrong, I'm just suggesting that it's not necessary and seems a bit redundant.

Suwako

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 26, 2010, 07:26:41 AM
Then why use a fanbar at all?  That's just copycat behavior.  In fact, this is just a big copycat from the Katbox.

I'm not trying to argue with you or say that anyone is doing anything wrong, I'm just suggesting that it's not necessary and seems a bit redundant.

But it's also a vibe! and to go with the vibe is cool but being unique in going with it make you awesomer because you are unique but not beyond actually showing your appreciation for characters in the webcomics, of course you would never just use the most generic crap that everyone uses, no you are better than that you will use one of the pictures hardly anyone uses as to make clear that you are not a generic douche but a person of great imagination, who is not to misdeed a good idea when she or he runs into it but gives it his or her won swing~~

Apples are indeed stange.

Turnsky

not all of us have a bazillion characters like other comics.  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Darkmoon

VAE

I did a fa'lina bar to fill a very specific void.

Enjoy, muffin-fans worldwide!
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Suwako

Requests by Zedd:

note that two are not actually from stuff on this forum, oh dear.  :U

Darkmoon

And yet it's excusable, because Deadpool is awesome.

Actually, you should try and find the Deadpool cover from... a couple of months back I want to say. Deadpool had a Deadpool-face-heart above his head. The heart would make a good "fan" icon.

Sunblink

A peep fan-bar, you say? >:3 Well, time to make more room in my signature...

(Huzz-ah, feels good typing with a keyboard again.)

Suwako

Clan familiar

Fan

Chakat Blackspots

Why does the forum software limit my image to 500x90, when its 687x125?

--EDIT--
Using tinypic for the images (had a single image on photoshack).

Raskahn

I'd love to see a clan Daryil Familiar bar. All the other cubi get to put their clan mark in their sigs >.>

liari

I'm probably going to sound like a complete idiot....but how do I make the pictures actually show up in my signature?