Filler strip archive

Started by Stig Hemmer, July 29, 2006, 07:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig Hemmer

The last few days have been filled with out-of-continuity strips by several artists.  I find it sad that as a new filler comes in, the previous one seems to disapear for ever and ever again. :mowsad

I understand that you don't want these strips in the main archive, but would it be possible to at least put them in the Art section?  Please?
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Netami

They keep a few of them in the guest comic section, actually. The listing isn't complete and there's issues with the PHP that Dmoon said he'd work towards fixing sometimes.

Oh, and  :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm hoping that they've kept copies of them all. Or at least the original artists have, and we can re-collect them later, once all the problems are sorted....

I'd offer help with the php, only... well.. it's not my site, so I shouldn't have my sticky fingers in it. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sid

I doubt they have been deleted from the webserver, so they're most likely still all online, just not linked (and like with the Wallpaper War images, chances are that - even if they were not available anymore - we could restore the Archives since every guest strip has most likely been saved by SOMEbody). :) I guess that once things are back to normal (post-migration, with a running computer), they'll get around to it. Right now, a lot is in limbo, so stuff like "Keep the Archives up to date" is second-rank, compared to things like paperwork and computer assembly.

EDIT: Yeah, they seem to be online. Just tried it with Zina's "I regret nothing!" strip and it works. :mowsmile
:boogie

Tapewolf

I think I have all of them.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Yeesh.  Friggen whiners.  :B

The guest strips will be added to the archive later. Its just that since I dont have a computer of my own(which includes having my own backup archive for handy organizational purposes...and Photoshop), I can't do anything for it, and Dmoon has been scrambly busy himself at the time.  He said he'll fix it later on when I'm actually updating again.

Right now everything is somewhat thrown together...much like most things are right now in my life. So I hope you guys can cut a little slack when I say trying to organize the guest archives is low on the priority list.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hey, on a ratio of 5 to 1, it's "yes, we know, they'll get to it, and even if they've managed to accidentally lose some whilst sans machine, someone here probably has them and can help once Amber gets a machine back."

That's not whining, methinks. :-P

I note that when this came up in the other forum, half a dozen people (including me, I guess) leapt in to say "they're busy, cut them some slack, they're aware of the issue" as well... So no pressure, here. We're just shooting the breeze, in the same way that we're all discussing what you can do with your machine, after you've already decided. :-)

Edit: Sorry, 4 to 1. And that's only because nobody else has spoken up yet :-)

JousterL

Quote from: Sid on July 29, 2006, 07:50:42 AM
EDIT: Yeah, they seem to be online. Just tried it with Zina's "I regret nothing!" strip and it works. :mowsmile

Ya know... that URL used to be recursable...
They keep reducing the number of the stockpiles! ;.;

fesworks

Where should one submit a guest comic for the current affair? Amber's Address, or her brother's?

fesworks

Ah! Got a response from her brother. Hopefully it will get in, if not, I can post it here, can't I?

Joshua

Is it too late to send in a guest strip? And where should it be sent to?

fesworks

Well, from what I hear, it would most likely just be Fan Art/Strip now ("Guest" goes on the main page... "Fan" might go into a Fan Art archive on the site later) Guest art would typically relate better if you know Amber and the like, etc... which obviously makes sense.

I e-mailed mine to Her brother... I don't think she gets my e-mail *shrugs*

in ANYcase, you should still post it here (use Photobucket) to share it, which will be still cool to share.

Aridas

Well, the thing is, I think you can send in guest comics at any time, and they just sorta.. sit there until they're needed? Dunno.

Joshua

The strip I wanted to send was about why Amber couldn't get into Canada. :p
A friend came up with the script and I drew it.
And just so I know I'm not emailing the wrong person Darkmoon is Amber's bro right. o.O (can't think this morning)

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Woot! Damaris has reached 500 posts!

.... unless she's been fiddling with her post count, which is always possible :-)