Great CV hacks

Started by Nimrods Son, June 21, 2006, 03:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimrods Son

Always on the lookout for 8-bit-greatness. Has anyone played a good CV hack? Those on the CV Dungeon are not so impressive.
I liked Castlevania and Dracula's Shadow a lot, you might probably WANT to check them out here if you haven't:

http://www.castlevania.nzone.it/

Achirio

Been playing castle quest, its really good.
But i couldn't download Dracula's shadow, it gives me a 404 error.

EDIT:
never mind, the URL from the downloads part is different the one you linked to.

Slash

Huh... Dracula's Shadow and Castlevania Quest are not hacks, they are games on their own right made from scratch! :P.

I have recently seen some cool NES hacks, you may want to search for them

Castlevania: Fan Edition by Thaddeus.panicus.org, (CV1 Hack) which features Simon Quest graphics and a new, cool castle layout

Castlevania Extreme by Inccubus, (CV1 Hack) featuring Trevor Belmont, forest layouts new stuff

Castlevania Skels Revenge (CV1 Hack), in which you play as a skeleton

Castlevania Remix: (CV1 Hack) with dark graphics
Castlevania Retold (CV1 Hack)
Castlevania 1 Black and White hack by Thaddeus, featuring cool, shaddy graphic style and new castle layouts.

Castlevania:: opposing bloodlines 1 (CV2 Hack) with trevor belmont, new monsters and levels

Castlevania II: Trevor's Quest (CV2 Hack), featuring (guess who) Trevor Belmont in a fully new Quest, with cool dark graphics and brand new layouts.

Vengance on Hell (CV2 Hack) You play as a knight

Castlevania Resurrection (CV3 Hack) new graphics and levels

These are just some good ones I have seen... there are lots of others that just change the palette or some graphics

Nimrods Son

'kay... you don't remember the weblinks, do you?

Slash

Not really, they are just dwelling in my home computer... I can send them if you want..

Leafar

if anyone wants some, i have great ones...and, is it allowed to say that here???

Nimrods Son

a hack is no ROM. none of us, of course, would do such a thing like sending ROMs around...
to leafar & slash: if you could email a few ones to me, that'd be great; I'll PM you my e-mail-adress, ok? of course, none of us'd send around anything but the IPS files or stuff  :rolleyes

Leafar

olroxshade

I'm a poor rom hacker compared to bit blade and Thadeus,Redrum is bad with olrox