So very much Ow!

Started by Teroniss, March 15, 2010, 06:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teroniss

Over the weekend, I knicked the inside of my ear, which apparently got infected like, within 5 seconds of being cut, and started swelling.

Well, yesterday, the swelling reached a pinnacle which I could no longer stand. Pain was intense, hearing nigh gone, and feeling like ugh in general.

So I went to the ER last night and the doctor lanced the swelling and put a draining wick in the cut he made. So now, still in pain, still feeling ugh (from the antibiotics), but atleast I can hear again......  :cry

VAE

ugh, sounds nasty.
But the thing is - it did not get infected so fast - i think that you somehow made a skin pocket which closed, filled with blood and/or fluis and later with pus
can happen to pressings as well - i had an inflammed thing like that on my hand once (fixed myself)
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Teroniss

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/Teroniss/DSCN0196.jpg

My ear after it was lanced. Warning - Not for the squeemish of stomachs.

Zedd

Eww...I share my sympathies with you dude,I had an inner ear infection as well,twice even! The first time was by an abnormal growth at 6 and they had no clue about what caused it,the second time when I visited Mackinac Island at 13 but it was normal infection

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I share my sympathies as well, I too am in pain and I hope we both get speedy recoveries!  :hug

Escher

Also sharing the sympathies here.

I've had a pretty bad helicobacter pylori infection in my stomach for a while now (in conjunction with gastritis), and antibiotics have been doing little... so yeah. I'm living off of bicarbonate of soda for the last week or so. ==;

Hope ya feel better!
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"

ooklah

Looks like you have an ear worm.

I had an ear infection for two weeks before I went to see the doctor last month. That looks a lot more painful. =/

Get Better!
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Teroniss

Quote from: ooklah on March 19, 2010, 03:45:06 AM
Looks like you have an ear worm.

I had an ear infection for two weeks before I went to see the doctor last month. That looks a lot more painful. =/

Get Better!

That was the cloth wick the doc put in to help it drain (which I accidently pulled out in my sleep on the secod night >.<).

Anyways, its healed up now, and now I just have to look forward to knee surgery tomorrow to replace a shattered patella. God fugging hates me I swear T_T

Drayco84

He doesn't hate you, he just finds you very entertaining!

And hey, could be worse... (No, I'm not going to mention specifics.)