but wait, what is ascension anyways?

Started by Psy-Kosh, February 14, 2010, 04:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Drayco84 on February 23, 2010, 09:14:07 PM
Or they could just be really, really stupid... Seriously, it never seems to stop adventurers from picking fights with creatures far older and more powerful than they are... (Hey, the creatures' gotta eat!)

Yes .. and after much trial and pain ... it seems all hope is lost ...
And then suddenly!
A miracle happens that turns the tide to his favor and he wins!
And then he finds out it was a hidden strength all along!
Oh joy!
And then gumdrops!
Wonderful gumdrops rain from the ceiling!

:D  :mwaha :D

Yeah, it's a cliché because so many does it.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Drayco84

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 24, 2010, 09:16:46 AM
Quote from: Drayco84 on February 23, 2010, 09:14:07 PM
Or they could just be really, really stupid... Seriously, it never seems to stop adventurers from picking fights with creatures far older and more powerful than they are... (Hey, the creatures' gotta eat!)

Yes .. and after much trial and pain ... it seems all hope is lost ...
And then suddenly!
A miracle happens that turns the tide to his favor and he wins!
And then he finds out it was a hidden strength all along!
Oh joy!
And then gumdrops!
Wonderful gumdrops rain from the ceiling!

:D  :mwaha :D

Yeah, it's a cliché because so many does it.
Yeah, but if you're not the protagonist and instead you're some random/nameless adventurer, you're lunch/screwed. Plus, if the creature was cliche-savvy, it would make things harder for the adventurers to achieve victory. (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_589.php Yup, the one right before it. See also when the Prism Rangers try to transform in front of the main characters of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. Hil-ar-i-ous.)

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Drayco84 on February 24, 2010, 12:21:22 PMYeah, but if you're not the protagonist and instead you're some random/nameless adventurer, you're lunch/screwed.

It's true because it's canon!
Or something like that.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

VAE

Quote from: Turnsky on February 18, 2010, 02:27:31 AM
Theoretically, the Fae would be on a proverbial cycle of reincarnation than anything else. The difference being is that they choose when to go on that cycle again.
I kind of agree -  as far as i understand it from the comics and some logic and brain action, Fae, just like anything else have souls and reincarnate, just that  they either are or have become so difficult to kill, that their population has reached a maximum, and unless they auto-destruct, no more can be made as there are no souls to go around. When you think of this, i doubt the population in member-years of even beings reaches such numbers , as they live 100 times shorter, and for cubi, i doubt their population is higher than 100 000's characteristic in the whole world (even that which Amber does not write about)
Something similar was in one slovak short story i read on the internet once - just with a fight between somewhat intelligent wolves and villagers, but they too shared the same soul-pool, and killed each other so that they could have children to preserve their community
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth