07/28/06 - Look out for those see thru windows

Started by Zedd, July 28, 2006, 12:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Now this guest comic shows Dan still cant fly for beans! Anyhow...I love how it going overall...Keep up the great work people!  ;)

Netami

You can't blame him, he's got all that awesome holding him down.  :mowdan

RJ

Zedd

For those whos a cubi or any flying furre out there...Tell me...Can you fly?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zedd on July 28, 2006, 03:16:00 AM

Jakob is able to glide somewhat, e.g. http://nice.purrsia.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=79;t=000965;p=118#002941
(which I actually stole from Dumbledore's death in the style of H. P. Lovecraft)
..he can use them to break his fall.  But he can't actually fly as such.  He learned to do this during his stay at SAIA, which is why he didn't just jump out of his apartment.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Paladin Sheppard

Paladin has the ability but due the the weight of the armor and weapons he does tire.

Kasarn

That wasn't flying, that was falling with style.

...although, in Dan's case, it's just falling :P

Gabi

Well, Dan does have a weird sense of style, doesn't he?

Nice rant by Mike's cat, by the way. And he didn't even post the cat's name. :\
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

King Of Hearts

Maybe Dan should take a page from Abel and hide his wings when not in use... c'mon we all know the sudden flush of feathers and materialization of wings would be a cool scene.

Regal

Until Dan looks down and sees the sudden materialization of his wings has knocked his robe off.

Damaris

Mike's cat is named Miss Kitty.  For those of you who are wondering, his mother named her. ;)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Hilary

Quote from: Regal on July 28, 2006, 08:10:45 AM
Until Dan looks down and sees the sudden materialization of his wings has knocked his robe off.
And thus, the coolness quintuples.

This reminds me of a certain 'Friends' episode...

MONICA: Hi. Uh, my friend here was taking down our Christmas lights, and she fell off the balcony and may have broken her foot or ankle or something.
NURSE: My god. You still have your Christmas lights up? Fill this out and bring it back to me.
RACHEL: Ow ow ow. Ow ow ow. Ow ow ow.
MONICA: All right. Name, address...Ok, in case of emergency call?
RACHEL: You.
MONICA: Really?
RACHEL: Yeah.
MONICA: Oh, that is so sweet. Oh gosh. I love you. Insurance?
RACHEL: Oh, yeah, check it. Definitely, I want some of that.

Jack McSlay

Ironically, Jyrras is probably able to build a jetpack with his eyes closed  :mowdan
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Alondro

*Charles thinks of a swarm of cubi all flitting about bug zappers like moths*  Hee hee...  *he then thinks about Charline getting too close to the bug zapper* Ha ha ha ha!

*Charline appears behind and growls with fiery wrath*  You seem to have forgotten than I can read minds!  *flamey rage!*   :boom

*Charles meep*   :boggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Gornemant

*points to archives because he's too lazy to actually find the strip* "and this is why we don't fly"  :P

Zina

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_357.php
Dan either can't fly or just never learned how. XD But whatever. Todays guest comic is still hilarious. X3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Gornemant on July 28, 2006, 09:52:01 AM
*points to archives because he's too lazy to actually find the strip* "and this is why we don't fly"  :P

Thoomp!

*snicker* Eagles and Weasels. I know which I'd prefer to be.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sid

Quote from: King Of Hearts on July 28, 2006, 07:33:15 AM
Maybe Dan should take a page from Abel and hide his wings when not in use... c'mon we all know the sudden flush of feathers and materialization of wings would be a cool scene.
Why do I keep thinking of Sailor Moon when trying to imagine this?
Yes, a henshin scene with Dan's wings spreading out in all their glory would be awesome, but thanks to years of anime, the end results always contains miniskirts, high-heeled boots... and Daniel fricken Ti'Fiona. 'A'
THANK YOU FOR DESTROYING MY MIND, FORUM! D:
:boogie

GabrielsThoughts

funny stuff I was laughing my ass off.

Zedd you might want to put the date on the thread so noone starts a new thread for this by accident
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Drake Manaweilder

I can fly with great speed and maneuverability but i prefer to keep on the ground... all it takes is a mage with a little proficiency in wind and.. whoosh-splat... *shivers*

tis a pretty funny comic, had me grinnin'.
and he did get the lights.

Saist

Quote from: Alondro on July 28, 2006, 09:18:50 AM
*Charles thinks of a swarm of cubi all flitting about bug zappers like moths*  Hee hee...  *he then thinks about Charline getting too close to the bug zapper* Ha ha ha ha!

*Charline appears behind and growls with fiery wrath*  You seem to have forgotten than I can read minds!  *flamey rage!*   :boom

*Charles meep*   :boggle

* je.saist accidentially nudges Charline into the Chocolate Fondue Fountain, followed by fleeing far away.

Raskahn

Quote from: Sid on July 28, 2006, 10:35:14 AM
Quote from: King Of Hearts on July 28, 2006, 07:33:15 AM
Why do I keep thinking of Sailor Moon when trying to imagine this?
Yes, a henshin scene with Dan's wings spreading out in all their glory would be awesome, but thanks to years of anime, the end results always contains miniskirts, high-heeled boots... and Daniel fricken Ti'Fiona. 'A'

well, Dan already owns a pair of high heels.....*hides*

Shadrok

Quote from: Gornemant on July 28, 2006, 09:52:01 AM

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_263.php

Everytime I look at that strip I picture Mab, pyroduck, and wildy running for dear life as the plane comes crashing down because of the bird...er weasel strike to the engine and wing.

That or the pilot saying " Ack that's the fifth one this week! It's a good thing we had the plane's enchantment renewed." and continue flying.

Sid

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on July 28, 2006, 01:29:29 PM
Quote from: Sid on July 28, 2006, 10:35:14 AM

well, Dan already owns a pair of high heels.....*hides*

'A'

Th-they're for training purposes only! *waves arms* *reaches for the brain soap*
:boogie

Gornemant

Quote from: Sid on July 28, 2006, 02:07:36 PM
'A'

Th-they're for training purposes only! *waves arms* *reaches for the brain soap*
drag queen dan?

Hilary

Quote from: Gornemant on July 28, 2006, 02:49:41 PM
drag queen dan?
Heh, only when he's 'training...' But you have to wonder... what, exactly, is he training for?  :zombiekun3

terrycloth

Quote from: Hilary on July 28, 2006, 03:06:48 PM
Heh, only when he's 'training...' But you have to wonder... what, exactly, is he training for?  :zombiekun3
Infiltrating the amazon nation, of course. They wouldn't let a *man* in...

Netami

You guys ever worn high heels before? Er, not that I have, but there are legitimate reasons for wearing them during training. The balance you need is superb!

Or he's just a sleeper agent in the amazonian world.

Cheese Foxlee

Never never worn high heels, and there are other ways to train for balence. Try walking a tight rope or pole walking  :P

Aridas

Well, TECHNICALLY they don't allow men in, but do you know what they do with the men they capture? :3