Doom snow!

Started by Alondro, February 09, 2010, 09:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drayco84 on February 28, 2010, 06:58:11 PM
Sorry, I just clicked on the links and didn't notice the line below said links. Thus, I overreacted. Again, my apologies.
Sorry, I was rather sleep-deprived and cranky.  FWIW, it was billed as "Pictures of snow in January", not "Bet you can't beat that!" because I know that it's fairly mild by comparison  >:3   This was in the south of the country - up north it was closer to knee-height from what I hear tell.

However, that said it was enough to bring the entire country to a grinding halt, because we only usually get a couple of centimetres and weren't prepared for something on this order.  2006 was the closest I can remember lately, but the last time I remember it being quite so deep was in 1981.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 01, 2010, 07:53:30 AMSorry, I was rather sleep-deprived and cranky.  FWIW, it was billed as "Pictures of snow in January", not "Bet you can't beat that!" because I know that it's fairly mild by comparison  >:3   This was in the south of the country - up north it was closer to knee-height from what I hear tell.

However, that said it was enough to bring the entire country to a grinding halt, because we only usually get a couple of centimetres and weren't prepared for something on this order.  2006 was the closest I can remember lately, but the last time I remember it being quite so deep was in 1981.

If it makes you feel better Tape, however much snow you got will always be more than what I'll ever get in Florida. :P

I thought it looked like a lot :<

Silly Edit: Neon Genesis Evangelion in the news header? NICE <3