Dungeons and Dragons

Started by Cogidubnus, January 25, 2010, 07:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquirrelWizard

Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Cogidubnus

I have, alas, most unfortunate news.

It appears that my main computer has kicked the bucket. I suspect that the northside chip has melted, and that I might have also possibly done something to the motherboard when investigating.

This isn't to say that we can't still have the session, but this is going to make things a bit harder, and I do apologize.

The computer I'm using now is a 2001-thereabouts laptop, and I'm not sure it even has the power to use fantasygrounds. I've also lost all my books, and I'll have to see what I can do about getting them back.

In any case, if Friday is looking good for everyone, we can shoot for then. Around 1:00 again looks to be a good time.

llearch n'n'daCorna

It was a trifle early for me (as usual), but I've been online since 8pm my time, and no sign of Cog. Everyone but, mind...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

SquirrelWizard

any news as to whether we are going to do our DnD thing this friday or later on?

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Cogidubnus

I don't think I'm going to be able to host a game today. However, I will be available tomorrow, if people will be alright with that.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Just noting here, I'm going to try to get our group together early afternoon (say, 2 o'clock, EST) on Saturday, if that's ok with everyone in my group. I'll be sending the specifics by PM later this evening.

If that's a problem, either contact me or just shout it here.

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lisky

Works for me, Cog... just lemme know what time so i can shuffle responsibilities around

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Cogidubnus

I imagine that sometime around noon should be fine.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... so, same sort of timeframe as usual, just shifted a day over?

I can do that. I think. Maybe. Sunday would be a definite problem, but I can do Saturday...

Sunblink

lulz I'm getting involved in the Dorkery too. I just had no idea we had a forum thread.

Yeah, I'll be available then. I finally got my act together.

SquirrelWizard

I wont be available till later on for tomarrow, my grandmother is having a birthday.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 19, 2010, 03:10:06 PM
lulz I'm getting involved in the Dorkery too. I just had no idea we had a forum thread.

Yeah, I'll be available then. I finally got my act together.

Hooray! Keaton is a dork!

Wait. I think I was supposed to celebrate something else there.

*intense thought* ಠ_ಠ

Corgatha Taldorthar

Well, if you were in my group, you'll know the meeting fizzled. The rest of the weekend isn't good for me, so I'm hoping for next weekend sometime, either Saturday or sunday (or both, but I'm not to hopeful) at 3ish or so. If this is or is not convienent, please send me a message.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Sorry for the double post here.

My group (Aisha, Techcubi, Tipod, Boog, Tezkat), just reconfirming that the session, assuming no screwups, is going to start at around 3 pm, Eastern standard time. I've managed to yoink in someone from outside the forum, and she's likely playing an elven druid.

Best wishes people.

techmaster-glitch

Don't forget to send me the connect information too, if you'll still have me as an observer :3

Tezkat

Another fizzle today? Or was it actually supposed to be tomorrow? Sundays usually aren't a good time for me... :<
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Corgatha Taldorthar

:cry On the recommendation of some of the others, I picked Sunday. (And spent today outside and doing chess stuff.) Sorry Tez, I'll keep that in mind for the future, try to keep things nailed to Saturday if at all possible.

techmaster-glitch

Yeah...not sure why you guys picked Sunday. Though I know I don't actually matter, I wouldn't be able to watch on a sunday as I'll be watchin Balade's Webcast instead...

And yeah. When you post a notice that a session's going to happen, it would probably be best if you actually state the day, as one would think that's a little more important than the time...

Tipod

The thing is, what hour on Sunday are we doing it since I gotta do laundry tomorrow and I'm usually done around 4 PM. I could try to get it done before then, but it'd help to know the timeframe I'm looking at.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Corgatha Taldorthar

Sunday, 3 Eastern Standard was what I had initially penned in, but I'll do a quick poll, see if later works.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Double post, but due to the objections of Tezkat and Tipod, We're going to start things up at 4:30 EST today, if we can get anyone, although I hope to have at least 4 people. I'll be on Maptools with "Stonefish server" again, a password of "Blah" starting at 4pm, EST, although I won't have everything up and running at that time.

I'll also be on Skype.

Best wishes to everyone, and good luck.

EDIT. It fizzled. I'm pissed, problems here. Will update more coherently later.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Triple post....... Huzzah......

Anyway, if you've been following my fumbling along, you'll note that in over a month of trying, I've failed to even convene a single group for a DnD game. Technical problems getting even simple chat interfaces have proven almost insurmountable, and two of my players still have not given legal character sheets.

I'm sorry, I should have been more on top of things, but this simply isn't working. Maybe some time in the future, or under different conditions, but right now, the campaign is stillborn, and yanking around my players' hopes that something will actually happen is irresponsible.

To Tezkat and Techmaster, I'd like to thank you for your efforts to help me along in the ways of technical proficiency. That I'm denser than titanium does not in any way reflect poorly on either of your skills or your efforts.

Disgusted at myself,
Corgatha Taldorthar.

techmaster-glitch

If you actually come around to llearch's chatroom sometime, I'm sure Tez and I can get this thing nailed down...

And heck, if we even can't figure out how to make your comp host the game, there's the option where Tez could "host" the game himself, but give you the GM powers. This way, it's your computer connecting to his, instead of the other way around (which seems to be the problem...)

Tipod

"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on March 05, 2010, 04:25:55 PM
Triple post....... Huzzah......

Indeed. We'll give you a bye, this time. ;-]

(seriously, you're counted as a GM, so you're allowed. In this thread, anyway.)

techmaster-glitch

(As this is an "RP" thread, it is okay to revive, right?)

Alright, I'm not entirely sure what happened here. It seems that every group has fallen silent for various reason. This revival is a call-out to anyone who's still interested in playing/DMing. I've done some checking, and my players Keklily and E_Voyager are still in, haven't gotten to Brady yet, and I -just- got a message from James Starrunner, as I tried to recruit him initially.

So! Anyone still up for this? The groundwork is laid, everyone just needs to synchronize...

Cogidubnus

I apologize for not posting this sooner, but it slipped my mind.

My mom is in the hospital right now, and right now it has the potential to be very serious and long-term. I cannot in good faith continue to try and DM one of these games, when I don't know when I will be able to actually host one.

I think Bask expressed interest in hosting one group. Unfortunately, I will not be able to continue hosting mine. My deepest apologies.

SquirrelWizard

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, I hope everything works out alright.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Cogidubnus on March 22, 2010, 03:06:14 PM
I apologize for not posting this sooner, but it slipped my mind.

My mom is in the hospital right now, and right now it has the potential to be very serious and long-term. I cannot in good faith continue to try and DM one of these games, when I don't know when I will be able to actually host one.

I think Bask expressed interest in hosting one group. Unfortunately, I will not be able to continue hosting mine. My deepest apologies.
Oh man, that's terrible. I knew your group had fallen silent but didn't know why... I do hope things don't end up too bad.

Although...there is the issue of maintaing the first post of the thread now, for indexing and organization (if you aren't up for maintaining that, either). This is also a call out to any mods reading this. Should a new thread be made by one of us, can the mods somehow suffle the thread to make one of us have the first post, or can a mod modify the post as needed? I'm hoping for the second option, though I suppose I can take the first...though I doubt the third one will work.

Lisky

Cog: if you want me to take over where you left off, great, otherwise i'll go work up a campaign from scratch and get our party back together

:hug

Wish you the best, man, and hope everything works out.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->