Dungeons and Dragons

Started by Cogidubnus, January 25, 2010, 07:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradypodidae

... we need more Half-Orcs...  :U
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

techmaster-glitch

Heh. Unfortunately, no, my game is not open at the moment. However, Ghostwish's game -might- be, and I think the D&DMFA folks could always use new beta-testers. I'll ask them to drop by here. That and I think there are a few other folks who want to get into d&d, so it's possible a new group could be formed.

Techcubi

Andromeda

NUU!!  I wanted new blood!
Well, excuse me for being a mere mortal.

VAE

For those interested.
DnDMFA games happen at Thursdays, 7pm GMT.

For proper information, come to my IRC channel, #argument_atrium  at boxy's IRC.

Currently playing:

VAE
Meany
Liatai
Ghostwish
Saphroneth
Drayco (just joining)
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

techmaster-glitch

Whups, forgot to announce. Yes, we should be having a game today...

e_voyager

okay i'll set my alarm. also the time is off for some reason it's not 10 am yet
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Inumo

Daylight Savings started a week later this year (aka starts tonight), though some devices don't realize it and have the time an hour off.

bradypodidae

I MAY be a bit late tonight... any idea what the actual start time will be?

Avi by Tabi

USMC

VAE

Since this is far easier than trying to catch everyone on the IRC....

Who of you would object seriously if the DnDMFA game next week happened on Friday instead of Thursday?
Don't get mistaken i am still prepared to DM on Th. if it doesn't work, it's just that it would be an improvement to my schedule this particular week - (besides the supervisions being  even more concentrated than usual, there is also the funeral erm, final, report on the robot thing due Wednesday.... besides my usual procrastination and stuff i am still bloody tired and dumb due to having been sick for a week as well)
Also, someone else taking over wouldn't be much help since i'd still be in the game XD and anyways i do have stuff for folk to do there so tough break , Ghostwish  :mowhappy
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Ghostwish

I work on friday at that time. So, I would object. ;)

VAE

ah well, it was a good try.
Saphroneth

Ghostwish

bradypodidae

Just a heads up to my comrades in Tech's Saturday DnD game:

My laptop's fan is going out. I will try to get it repaired starting tomorrow. Being the optimistic guy I am, I figured I should let you know that if I am gone from the interwebs this week, including next Saturday, that is the reason why.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Ghostwish

Hey guess what. I don't work friday anymore. ;)

VAE

Nice to hear... though i don't wanna deprive Liatai of  a game on her B-day either.
I will see how much i can push it... so far looks allright
Saphroneth

Liatai

Oh, pfft, if you're worried about that, don't be. I'd be happy with just leading some folks through the Box Room again if it came down to it and folks wanted to play on Thursday.  :razz

Though, if we were going to have a game on Friday, there's a chance I might not be able to make it. My brother has been hinting at something musical and possibly concert-like going on that day. :shifty

VAE

Saphroneth

e_voyager

sure i'll peak in on Thursday. it's a better day for me then Saturday any way.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

Announcement;

Okay, so it's possible there may be no game, or a late game tomorrow. E has said it's unikely he'll show up, and Meany says that he will likely be late as well. As usual, I don't want to go ahead with two missing people, so if meany or E shows up, we're good. If not...eh, there's always next week.

bradypodidae

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 13, 2010, 12:43:23 AM
Announcement;

Okay, so it's possible there may be no game, or a late game tomorrow. E has said it's unikely he'll show up, and Meany says that he will likely be late as well. As usual, I don't want to go ahead with two missing people, so if meany or E shows up, we're good. If not...eh, there's always next week.

Any new updates?

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Meany

I'm now floating around.  Does that count? :U

techmaster-glitch

Announcement to my players:

Alrighty, we should be having a game tomorrow, hopefully wrapping up this adventure. Also of note is that next week (or the week after, I'm horrible with dates), I -may- be gone during Thanksgiving, and if I am, there will most likely not be a session. However, this is still up in the air, nothing has been finallized yet (or even began, really).

bradypodidae

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 19, 2010, 04:34:56 PM
Announcement to my players:

Alrighty, we should be having a game tomorrow, hopefully wrapping up this adventure. Also of note is that next week (or the week after, I'm horrible with dates), I -may- be gone during Thanksgiving, and if I am, there will most likely not be a session. However, this is still up in the air, nothing has been finalized yet (or even began, really).

It may be prudent to go ahead and call off the Thanksgiving weekend session... It is a hectic time for most, but not all, of us Yanks and going ahead and calling a break for that weekend seems to be a wise idea.

I will see (hopefully) everyone tomorrow night at the wrap up party... er, session..

Avi by Tabi

USMC

e_voyager

i should be there. getting ready for work now

Ghostwish

A wild re-announcement appears!

Draken has returned! Hence, the game is closed to any without awesome backstories(*TM). Here's a quick synopsis of the plot:

Four years ago, Cyre vanished in an arcane apocalypse that spread a killer grey mist across the nation, twisting and destroying all it touched. The mist has gone dormant now, but the mystery still remains. Who did it? Why?

For one particular adventuring party, that much seems to have been answered. Aaren d'Cannith, the creator of the warforged race, is alive, and is responsible. Perhaps insane from having his own creations stolen from him and used as pawns of war, the mighty Artificer has set about in a mad plot to end all war, forever, through sheer force of terror. Using an ancient and eldritch design schema, he has unleashed a terrible weapon once before.. and he intends to do so again.

It is now up to the adventurers, in a race against time, to stop him or die trying. Worse yet is the fact it's not such a secret after all. It seems many powers that be are aware of Aaren, the power he possesses, and are hellbent on either stopping him, or gaining said power for themselves. The adventurers find themselves pitted against terrible foes in their journey to find the answers and the means to stop the Artificer.

Welcome to the Eberron Cold War.

(Thanks for reminding me, Tech. Here's our current character list.)
Techmasterglitch - Warforged Artificer
Liatai - Changling Druid
Dr. Hatari - Human Dread Necromancer (Currently. He also has a human warmage he plans to switch back to.)
Blaquestone - 'Dorien' - Dragonmarked Heir
Iphimedia - Warforged Monk
Draken - Ryoondar, gnome barbarian
The party has also managed to make the acquaintance and the alliance of a half-dragon paladin.

Current player level as of this post is 6. For supplemental (splat) material, I use a house rule called, ironically enough, the Cold War rule. Core material, along with Eberron material and the Expanded Psionics Handbook, are open and free game to both players and DM. Everything else is locked. The players may, at their own peril, unlock a book that they may use. But then the DM gets a book of their choice. The players may not access the book the DM has, and the DM may not access the book the players have for anything beyond simple game rules and mechanics, unless they both unlocked the same book. So, munchkin game at your own peril.

Game time is Mondays, 7:30 PM central time. We use Maptool, currently b66. You can PM me here, or, a more reliable way of getting in touch with me, seek me out on the IRC server that Boxy trolls, and I am typically in #D&D.
Hope to see ya soon! ^_^
- Ghostwish

Edit 1: Added current character list.
Edit 2: Stupid smiley.

techmaster-glitch

Erg. Forgot to put this down.

Announcement to my players, there is -definitely- no game this saturday, just putting that out there.

bradypodidae

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 24, 2010, 08:56:40 PM
Erg. Forgot to put this down.

Announcement to my players, there is -definitely- no game this Saturday, just putting that out there.

Duly noted... I hope those that celebrate it have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and everyone else has a great weekend.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

e_voyager

i shall sleep in this Saturday for sure then

techmaster-glitch

Announcement to players:

Despite some comp troubles, I'm going to go ahead and try to run saturday's session anyway to see how it goes. If the connection crashes get too bad, then we'll probably have to wait until I can get my comp fixed...