01/18/10 [Clans #3] - Kish'Ta - She's a Bat

Started by Anker Steadfast, January 18, 2010, 04:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anker Steadfast

In case people didn't notice, Amber created a new link on her frontpage next to the Abel story update for the Clan leader update.

And it features Kish'Ta - and it says even her clan suspects she was a bat originally !!
Does that mean you don't have to start of as a Cubi, to become a Cubi Clan leader ?

I'm so confused now!

:erk

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Scrap Fish

Freakin' pulled her face off!

Good into for the "nightmare clan."

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 04:00:47 PM
And it features Kish'Ta - and it says even her clan suspects she was a bat originally !!
Does that mean you don't have to start of as a Cubi, to become a Cubi Clan leader ?

Species, not race. There's a difference in Amber's world. (Beings, Demons, Angels, Were, Cubi etc., all races. Canine, feline, rat, bat, all species.)

And Kish'Ta is very much suitably disturbing. Cuz that's just....eeek.

Anker Steadfast

That's what i mean ... if she wasn't a cubi to begin with, how did she become a cubi clan leader ?

techmaster-glitch

What? No! You just...

Agh. You just mixed them up.

She was always of the Cubi race. It's that people think that her species used to be bat, as right now, you can clearly see she is some kind of canine. This means that she's really gotten into the Cubi ability of shapeshifting, and like Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist, forgot or just doesn't use her original form anymore.

Anker Steadfast

Ahh .. ok, my bad.
I think I got it now. :)

On a sidenote, I thought Fa'Lina was old .. but Kish'Ta is 24000 years old !

I wonder which cubi is the oldest ?
Heck, might not even be a clan leader.
(though it seems most likely)

ooklah

that was a large hit to creepiness meter. And as disturbing as that is, I have to ask... does she have a shelf of faces she can switch between?
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

ChaosMageX

She pulled her Face Off!

And wow, 24000, that is old.  I mean, compared to that, tri-wings like Fa'lina at just over 9000 and Daryil at just over 4000 are mere neophytes.

Icon by Sunblink

Anker Steadfast

And the best bit is that the face is winking at you. :)

Techcubi

Wow...Do you think she changes faces for holidays like Halloween?

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Techcubi on January 18, 2010, 04:31:29 PM

Halloween is probably one of the best holidays for fear affinity clans, so yeah, probably.

Icon by Sunblink

For some reason, a detachable car radio was the first thing that came to my mind...

You can't steal me mister, I'm carrying my face with me here in my purse all the time... wait...

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 18, 2010, 04:33:04 PM
Halloween is probably one of the best holidays for fear affinity clans, so yeah, probably.

<OT> I could imagine it's actually their least favourite holiday. Think about it: When would you freaked out most by people pulling scary stunts right in front of you? On Halloween when everyone and their dog is walking around as ghosts/zombies/etc or on any other day of the year when it would come completely out of the blue? </OT>

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 04:07:23 PM
That's what i mean ... if she wasn't a cubi to begin with, how did she become a cubi clan leader ?

That's actually an interesting thought, though. I agree, until we know more it's safest to assume that she was a full-fledged 'Cubus from the start. Then again, it would be interesting if she actually were a half-breed. Remember that Demo 101 said, most half breeds actually only manifest in their early twenties. That means, not just Abel but a whole lot of other people might have had a "former life" before they actually started to live and act like Cubi. Maybe our clan leader belonged to them.

Starcat5

"Is it just me or is she still hot?" ~The Bard; The Bard's Tale

The above quote pritty much sums up my reaction. I probbably would have been a Goth growing up if we actually had that sub-culture around here... :magus1
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

thegayhare

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 18, 2010, 04:22:57 PM
She pulled her Face Off!

And wow, 24000, that is old.  I mean, compared to that, tri-wings like Fa'lina at just over 9000 and Daryil at just over 4000 are mere neophytes.

not realy if you notice there are stitches on the legs.. so she pulled some one elses face off

she's wearing a skin suit, ala ed gein

ps
if anyone is interested here is Ambers pic of just the leader

http://www.furaffinity.net/full/3289975/

Anker Steadfast

Tapewolf

Quote from: Techcubi on January 18, 2010, 04:31:29 PM

Probably whenever she gets bored.

I love the slate-grey, leathery wings.  I'm not entirely sure why, but I do...

She pulled her Face Off!
She probably isn't vulnerable to dying by normal means anymore.  That said, it could just be her appearance in a dream.

QuoteAnd wow, 24000, that is old.  I mean, compared to that, tri-wings like Fa'lina at just over 9000 and Daryil at just over 4000 are mere neophytes.
Daryil?  Tri-winged?   :erk

Cyra stopped being able to have children when she ascended.  Destania is about 7000.  Therefore Cyra must have ascended less than 7000 years ago.

I've heard that the oldest 'Cubi is 100'000, but whether they are still tri-winged or whether they have ascended to some form higher still is a good question.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Starcat5

Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

thegayhare

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 04:50:41 PM

You are not allowed to view this image.

Are you a member of FA?
The image is rated mature, probably for the blood so you'd need to have an acount to veiw it

Anker Steadfast

I guess technically, a cubi could grow very old, without ever becoming a tri-wing.

Basically, they could change clan every now and then, and just stay a "two-wing", while just draining enough soul energy to keep death at door.

I mean, just because it's possible to become a tri-wing doesn't necessarily mean you would want to be one.
Just ask Fa'Lina if she would like to be able to have children again ?
She'd probably say yes in a heartbeat.

Quote from: thegayhare on January 18, 2010, 04:57:09 PM

Are you a member of FA?
The image is rated mature, probably for the blood

Nope, I'm not.

Quote from: thegayhare on January 18, 2010, 04:47:26 PM
not realy if you notice there are stitches on the legs.. so she pulled some one elses face off

I ... didn't notice that. That's simply ... just ... GAH!

thegayhare

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 18, 2010, 04:58:41 PM

I just realised why the stiches are there it's where she had to cut the suit to let her butt wings out

Oh and there is a zipper at the neck

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 18, 2010, 04:58:41 PM

Alternatively she's *not* wearing someone elses skin suit, and is wearing her *own* skinsuit ... aka, she morphed herself to look like a wolf, then cut it off and stitched it back on again.

That's possibly even creepier than if it's someone elses.  :D

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 04:24:54 PM

I noticed...   :erk

And I just realised that since she's apparently wearing someone else's actual pelt, we can't see where her marking might be. It could be in the same place as on Cyra and Siar: was there ever agreement that a Clan Leader's marking had to be over the heart?
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: SpottedKitty on January 18, 2010, 05:01:35 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 04:24:54 PM

I noticed...   :erk

And I just realised that since she's apparently wearing someone else's actual pelt, we can't see where her marking might be. It could be in the same place as on Cyra and Siar: was there ever agreement that a Clan Leader's marking had to be over the heart?

No, it can be anywhere on the body.

I remember Dan and Abel talking about it, and when Abel pulled off Dan's pants he saw wildy's marking.
But appearently it appears after you use magic or some such.

I'll see if i can find the strip again.

Edit :

Here it is. :)

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 04:58:18 PM

Quote from: thegayhare on January 18, 2010, 04:57:09 PM

Are you a member of FA?
The image is rated mature, probably for the blood

Nope, I'm not.

Same here, and I see no reason for me to join sites just so I can follow a link.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

thegayhare

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 18, 2010, 05:07:07 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 04:58:18 PM

Nope, I'm not.

Same here, and I see no reason for me to join sites just so I can follow a link.

well it's to prevent complaints so people can only see the more adult pieces if the want to.  and thus can't realy complain if they stumble on something tey don't like

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 18, 2010, 04:52:02 PM
She pulled her Face Off!
She probably isn't vulnerable to dying by normal means anymore.  That said, it could just be her appearance in a dream.

QuoteAnd wow, 24000, that is old.  I mean, compared to that, tri-wings like Fa'lina at just over 9000 and Daryil at just over 4000 are mere neophytes.
Daryil?  Tri-winged?   :erk

Yeah, not Tri-Wings, I meant clan founders, which usually have to be several millenniums old in order to have enough power to create a symbol.

You don't need three sets of wings to do that, I think.

All the clan founders I know of so far have been quite old:
Fa'lina - 9000+
Cyra - 7000+
Daryil - 4000+
Jyraneth - ?? ??
Qaisyne - ?? ??
Zalantare - ?? ??

But still, Kish'Ta beats all of them at 24000 (unless the unknown ones are older).

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: SpottedKitty on January 18, 2010, 05:01:35 PM

I dunno how easily I'll be able to find it, but Amber did say that the vixen Tri-wing from the Calendar should in theory have had the marking over her chest, but she came up with that idea later.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aisha deCabre

I do think that the fan-made clans shouldn't really be included in the list, if we're debating on age. x3  That'd just make things confusing.  While it's fun to create them, yes, I wouldn't include them.

I certainly can't wait to see the rest of the clans, though.  I'm still left wondering how she'd keep pieces of flesh and a face alive enough to wear, though apparently most anything is possible around powerful-enough Creatures.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Anker Steadfast

Oh? I thought that being a Tri-Wing and a Clan Founder was connected ?
So I guess they could be Tri-wings without being Clan Founders/leaders and thus still being able to bear children ?

Makes me wonder .. could there be Quad-Wings as well ?