01/10/10 [DMFA #1075] - Atreyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Started by ooklah, January 10, 2010, 03:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ooklah

it was going to happen sooner or later, someone had to ask for a ride!   :mowwink
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Cvstos

[JD from Scrubs] EAGLE! [/JD]

Sorry folks, you all knew there was going to be a Scrubs reference to this sooner or later. :)
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Baal Hadad

Heh, "Falcor" I was NOT expecting....   :giggle

!KCA

In all honesty, I'd probably want a ride, too. Just a short one.

Also, I vote "- Atreyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" be appended to the end of this thread title.

Anri

Quote from: !KCA on January 10, 2010, 04:19:23 AM
Also, I vote "- Atreyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" be appended to the end of this thread title.

I give the above statement my full endorsement!

ooklah

Quote from: Tikki on January 10, 2010, 04:21:37 AM
Quote from: !KCA on January 10, 2010, 04:19:23 AM

I give the above statement my full endorsement!

The motion has been made and seconded.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

tiggertoo

Eh, what's a little pride and dignity compared to making your gal happy -- though she's really pushing it there - and I don't mean the riding thing. I mean, come on, Falcor? Ugh, why'd she have to pick the most hideous, wussy dragon in cinematic history?

Alexsi and Ducky could have some fun with Able when they get back though -- Alexsi walks in, gives it a minute, Ducky knocks on the door to Inn - "Able, would you go see who that is?" Ah, nothing like opening the door to find an enormous dragon on the other side to wake you up -- be a real topper for Able's evening.  :mowhappy

celelorien

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!  :lol

That was pretty much my exact reaction to this comic.  :giggle I love poor PDucky's face in the last panel - it's one of my absolute favorite parts of the whole strip.

Bjalf

- Congratulations on surviving a difficult dinner, Ducky!
- Thank you, thank you  :)
- So, how did the rest of the evening go?
:tired

Valynth

Quote from: Bjalf on January 10, 2010, 07:26:18 AM
So, how did the rest of the evening go?

The above was probably asked by Fa'Lina via telepathy shortly after the events contained in the strip.  Or via speaking the next time she and Pyroduck meet again.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

LionHeart

Quote from: celelorien on January 10, 2010, 06:10:33 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!  :lol

That was pretty much my exact reaction to this comic. 
Mine too. :mowhappy
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

ArchTeryx

Well, in the original novel Falcor was quite a powerful and enigmatic dragon.

Though if she just HAD to pick a rideable dragon, why not Haku from Spirited Away?  In Pyroduck's case, probably alot more apropo!

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Cvstos on January 10, 2010, 04:07:09 AM
[JD from Scrubs] EAGLE! [/JD]

Sorry folks, you all knew there was going to be a Scrubs reference to this sooner or later. :)

Really? It's nothing I would have ever expected.

I believe this is the first we've seen here of any dragon rides (or even carry-away). Sure, not much of a point, but I can't think of much else at the moment.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

bradypodidae

I mean, really, what else could Pyroduck have possibly thought Alexsi was leading up to? Alexsi does look absolutely ecstatic in the last panel. Big points for Pyroduck?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Tycoon

Now I'm getting images of Pyroduck going off to the red light district and hiring the services of an amazon named Shanna...

Bjalf

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on January 10, 2010, 09:58:47 AM
I mean, really, what else could Pyroduck have possibly thought Alexsi was leading up to?
I'd tell you, but the PG rating makes it difficult   >3

John Roh

Jasonrevall

I like how the feather is still in his braided hair as a dragon. Also from Alexi, to me at least, that was a little unexpected, but hilarious.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Kenji

Quote from: John Roh on January 10, 2010, 11:42:05 AM
wait a second ... is Pyroduck naked

On the plus side, he does have a girl straddling him.

Bjalf

Quote from: Kenji on January 10, 2010, 11:56:10 AM

On the plus side, he does have a girl straddling him.

Across the neck, yes.

.. Hey, is that what's called "necking"?

Lucheek

...You know I should watch that movie. Because I had to look up "Falcor" on Wikipedia to get it. D8

Also: Have we ever seen a full-body shot of Pyroduck's dragon-form? Because I would very much like to see.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Lucheek on January 10, 2010, 12:39:49 PM
...You know I should watch that movie. Because I had to look up "Falcor" on Wikipedia to get it. D8

Also: Have we ever seen a full-body shot of Pyroduck's dragon-form? Because I would very much like to see.

I just thought "Falcor" was something you shouted when you are excited, like "Excelsior", until you mentioned the contrary.

Besides, something in DMFA with Falkor's appearance would most likely be a mythos that's genetically compatible with dragons, rather than a dragon himself, unless there's more variety to DMFA dragons than I originally thought.

A luckdragon mythos, not a true dragon.  Very nice for fitting into TapeWolf's fanon. :boogie

Icon by Sunblink

Bjalf

Quote from: Lucheek on January 10, 2010, 12:39:49 PM

Not quite.

jeffh4

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 10, 2010, 12:47:15 PM
Besides, something in DMFA with Falkor's appearance would most likely be a mythos that's genetically compatible with dragons, rather than a dragon himself, unless there's more variety to DMFA dragons than I originally thought.

A luckdragon mythos, not a true dragon.  Very nice for fitting into TapeWolf's fanon. :boogie
By having some of the same fiction in the DMFA universe, that allows Amber to make entertaining cultural references like this one. Trying to make fiction about a 100% foreign universe is pretty much impossible with no points of reference such as common values, desires, etc. 

On a related note, my one complaint about Avatar was that it is a bit incredulous that the Nav'ai natives acted so human in nearly every way, even though they evolved on the moon of a distant world.

Shachza

Quote from: Bjalf on January 10, 2010, 11:59:06 AM
Across the neck, yes.

.. Hey, is that what's called "necking"?

In a dress?  Check.
Not riding sidesaddle?  Check.
"Necking?"  Check.

A whole new level of inappropriate for this thread?  Check and check again!
            <-- #1 that is!

ChaosMageX

Quote from: jeffh4 on January 10, 2010, 01:29:54 PM
By having some of the same fiction in the DMFA universe, that allows Amber to make entertaining cultural references like this one. Trying to make fiction about a 100% foreign universe is pretty much impossible with no points of reference such as common values, desires, etc. 

However, maybe she intentionally misspelled the name to avoid a direct cultural reference.  Falcor =/= Falkor

Icon by Sunblink

AmigaDragon

No, he's still wearing his feather and tail ring.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

terrycloth

So this is where Alexei spots Dan in trouble on his date -- arguing with Matilda maybe, or just too distracted to notice the ninja demons sneaking up -- and swoops down to pummel him with a hammer for not watching the bar like he was supposed to?

Silverling