Call for Interest, MechWarrior/Commander RP [OOC]

Started by Arcalane, July 24, 2006, 05:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just looking for interest - how many people would be interested in an RPG based in the BattleTech Universe, with MC2 providing the statistics, and on an entirely new map, etc.?

Definitely!
1 (10%)
Tell me more first.
8 (80%)
No way!
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Arcalane

I have yet to finish acquiring all the statistics for this, but this is just a general call for interest. I've always liked the BattleTech system, and MechCommander 2 is a very easy system to adapt to an RPG (compared to other BT systems, of which I have no information, and they are, as far as I know, tabletop strategy with models) and also allows a bit of graphical back end thanks to it's map editor which can be used to recreate scenes from the RPG - for a number of purposes.

Ideally, I'm going to need MercNet Managers and Overseers (Mods and Admins) to help out - the MercNet Managers are in charge of thinking up new missions to send the Mercenaries on (as well as handling requests from Houses to get jobs/missions done) and the Overseers will be in charge of handling house-related antics, such as random events, base construction and such.

Players can be MechWarriors, Mercenary Leaders, and even House Leaders (if there are enough players, I will[/i] allow the foundation of Houses, but these will require several members willing to become part of the House before launch can be completed) and each is required to effectively manage each other. A Merc Leader can't complete missions without his MechWarriors, and likewise, without a Mercenary Leader to co-ordinate for them, the MechWarriors would have no job!

What happens entirely depends on the result of this (and several other) polls. So get voting!

Feel free to ask questions on how stuff will work and so on - I can't say too much yet, but when I get the interest, it'll be sorted out and posted down properly.

~~

Just as a sidenote, this would take place on another forum, probably one devoted to it so that it has enough space to grow freely and set out everything that needs to be set out. I hate leeching space off other boards. It feels wierd.

~~

Sidenote, if you're not interested, don't vote or complain that there's no "I don't care" option.  :rolleyes

~~

Example of MC2 Editor for a Mission Briefing;

e_voyager

i remember a few esps og animes like thta but i'ver never played any games like that. with help i might be able to play.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

lucas marcone

not really familar with the game but ill give it a shot. i may need a little coaching though.