The Alterran War (OOC) open {PG-16?}

Started by KarlOmega1, December 14, 2009, 08:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlOmega1

It was a few years after the third world war and most of the world's nations have collapse. Many people were attempting to re-establish a sense of government in those collapsed nations, in which they only succeeded in bringing up localized governments like that of city-states. They thought that their luck might swing around to the good kind of luck...boy, were they wrong.
A group of creatures and genetically modified humans, who call themselves the "Alterrans" (sometimes Altierrans), started taking over a few of the city-states. It also turns out that the few of the national governments that did survive the war had been run by Alterrans at the time of the war. Although the Alterrans were kind enough to let the people of the city states live their lives in peace...they took away the humans (now known as Cromagnons) ability to run the government. the Alterrans' reason for this...they place the blame of the war squarely on the humans. They stated it was human ignorance of the rights of other sentient lifeforms that caused the war.
A few people that left those controlled cities had traveled to other city-states that were free and told their stories. the free cities then began to gather together to fight against this force. However, it was a one-sided fight...mostly due to the Alterrans' advanced technology. But that would soon change...
A few weks later, a couple of young Cromagnon stumbled upon an abandoned lab. the computer network in it had no connection to the rest of what was the internet at the time...but that was not what surprised them. The computer had several technicals for the prototypes of some very familiar tech...Alterran tech. The free city-states then began building their own versions of the technology and started to actually hold their own.
Little do the Cromagnon know that there is a shadow looming about in this new war for dominance. Will the free city-states bring down the Alterrans...or will the Alterrans suppress the rebellion and reign over the Earth?

--------------

Will post Rules and Character profile sheet next time I post (darn thing won't let me see what I'm currently typing beyond a certain point without previewing. GAH!) IN the meanwhile, what do you think of my intro?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius