Hero-RP Rules and Char. Posting

Started by CutMan, July 23, 2006, 04:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CutMan

Ever wanted to wipe that smug smirk from SuperMan's face? Or how about giving the Hulk a good SMASH of your own? Well, in Hero-RP, YOU CAN!*

Here's the bottom line. You can be ANY character from ANY universe that you want. That's right. Sonic and Mario can finally have their brawl. You can even throw your own character into the fray! There is ONE catch, however. The setting is (and always will be) in the Castlevania Universe! Fight the good fight!

As in every RP, there are rules that you must follow and uphold. Those rules are as follows. It's recommended that you read them.

1. No god-modding! God-modding counts as:
A character immune to all attacks (Invincible).
Being immortal. Even Dracula can be killed. He just keeps coming back.
Having attacks of mass destruction.
Performing things not listed in your Character Ability List (explained later).
This won't be tolerated. Play fair.

2. No spamming. If you're replying to the RP thread, you're there to RP, not post junk. I don't want senseless posts that will confuse others. Don't put up any links to offensive sites, either.

3. Play by your character's limits. If you're playing as a character from another universe (whether it be from a video game or a cartoon), you have to play them by their limits. I can understand if someone like Bakura from 'Yu-Gi-Oh!' is actually a skilled fighter when nobody's watching, but don't try telling me that Mandark from 'Dexter's Lab' can fly around and shoot lazers out of his eyes. If you're playing with your own character, then you have something to look out for, too (explained later).

4. No playing religious characters! You can't be God or Jesus Christ! It's offensive to others. I'd also like to try keeping reference to them to a minimum. The reason for this being that I don't want any comments about them that would offend anyone else. It's a very sensitive matter. Just leave it alone.

5. No auto-hitting. This is when you hit someone without giving them a chance to evade the attack. A good example of this would be...
Juggernaut punched Simon through a brick wall, leaving Simon unconscious on the floor.
That's not fair. Even though we all know Juggernaut is capable of such, the person playing as Simon didn't even have a chance to evade the attack. A better way of putting it would be...
Juggernaut wound back his arm and threw a punch at Simon, capable of sending him through a brick wall.
Then the person playing as Simon could decide whether or not he wanted that to happen (I sure wouldn't...).

6. No hardcore romance scenes. Yes, I know we all want to be loved, but there's no need to get....descriptive. I don't wanna read about any of that here. A kiss or a hug will suffice.

7. It's recommended that you play with only ONE character. I'm not going to stop anyone from having more than one character, but I think it's a little less confusing if each person only played with one character.

8. Only one person can be a character. This means that you'll have to look at this page to see who's already in use. We can't have 3 Trevors running around because 3 people wanted to use Trevor. Try claiming your character first. If not, what else can I tell you? Use someone else or just make up your own character.

9. I don't want to sound like a jerk about this, but we all make mistakes when we type. It's easy to make one, and one mistake of a spelling error can make one look pretty stupid. So please, ALWAYS preview your post before putting it in ESPECIALLY in the character posting. You don't want to make a fool of yourself. Properly puncuate what needs to be...well....punctuated. Capitalize when need be. Always remember to put all dialogue in Quotation Marks (These things--> " "). Once again, I don't want to sound like a jerk here, but I think it'd be less confusing if we spent more time RPing and not trying to figure out what your last post said.

*END OF RULES*

Now some people won't know your character if they haven't seen the movie or played the game (or if you made up your character.). Because of this, there's a character sheet that everyone MUST follow. Examine this carefully and read what has to be said.

Name: [Your character's name]

Race: [Your character's race. Human? Frog-monster? Vampire? You need to specify this.]

Appearance: [A picture would help a lot right here. If you have no picture on hand, then just do your best describing their features: Skin, Hair, Eyes, Build, Clothing, Accessories, etc.]

Personality: [How does your character act? Is he/she friendly? How does he/she greet people? Specify it here.]

Weapons: [Some characters don't have weapons; they just use their fists, claws, whatever. You should still specify this.]

Character Ability List: [IMPORTANT! You must put ALL abilities that your character has right here! If something isn't mentioned here, and you use it, it'll be considered as god-modding!!! Make sure you don't forget about anything! :)]

Weaknesses: [EVERYONE HAS A WEAKNESS! I don't care if you're the Juggernaut (BITCH!). Everyone needs a weakness. You can't put 'None' here. Maybe your character has an unhealthy fetish with raincoats or can't stop eating. Whatever the case, everyone has a weakness, and it's YOUR job to specify it.]

History: [A brief history of your character. If you want to put how they wound up in the Castlevania Universe, go right ahead (it's not necessary.). Don't make your character's history too long, though. Clinical studies from the CutMan1616 Research Team have found that long histories tend to make people skip the whole thing.** Just make it interesting and able to be read.]

I'll be posting the first profile right after this of my character to give you guys a good example of how this should look. Yes, I know it's double posting, but this post is too long already. Aside from that, even I have to have my own profile post, so please don't warn me about it....PLEASE!?

And that's it! Hope you all have fun!
*Beating up SuperMan or The Hulk really depends if someone else decides to use either of the two. Yea. Sorry about that.
**The CutMan1616 Research Team is entirely fictional and doesn't exsist. Don't give your hopes up trying to look for it on the internet somewhere.

CutMan

Name: CutMan

Race: Advanced lumberjack robot

Appearence:

Personality: Usually suspicious of others, he's still normally friendly. Likes to fight. Can be smart and cunning when he wants to be. He doesn't let anyone get the best of him. The last thing on his mind is getting into a serious relationship. Thinks before he acts.

Weapons: Razor-sharp Rolling Cutters. They act as boomerangs and ALWAYS come back to him....unless they're stuck in someone's flesh. His right hand can transform into a cannon that launches the blades at menacing speeds. The main one on his head is the largest and most powerful of his Rolling Cutters; It can cut through ALMOST anything. He can detatch it and throw it whenever he wants.

Character Ability List: Average speed. Stronger than your average human. Can jump very high. Sensors can pick up multiple opponents around him. Has deadly accuracy. Average in hand-to-hand combat. Has a SLIGHT resistance to magical attacks. Because he's a robot, his mind can't be read.

Weaknesses: His body hasn't been reinforced with Titanium, so direct stabs and puncturing attacks can do a great deal of damage to him. Because of this, he tends to avoid sword fights.

History: He was made by Dr. Light to cut trees. Evil scientist, Dr. Wily, reprogrammed him to fight for evil. He's been fighting his rival, MegaMan, ever since. He can never get the best of the "Blue Dweeb." Unsure of how he arrived in the Castlevania Realm, he searches for a way out.

Kio

(This is older Kio)
Name: Kio

Race: Feline-Furre

Appearance: (Avatar is sorta like it) His skin is barely visible with all of his orange fur covering it.  His sunshine yellow hair swishing over his sea-blue eyes.  His skinny, yet muscualr body, may be what people adore about him.  He wears any type of clothes, any he can find, though there have to be holes in the back for his white feathery wings. 

Personality:Always Friendly.  Greets with a kind smile, and a kind gentle look in his eyes.

Weapons: Celestial Staff , and dagger just in case

Character Ability List: Flying, Celestial Blast,  Cat Bite, Scratch, cat senses. Hitting people with the staff,  Diving moves, Grapple holds, sesimic toss (Charizard style), Heal

Weaknesses: Dogs, Cat posts, Blue shiny things, cat nip.

History: Kio, as a young kitten, was an orphan when his parents were killed by a group of horrible people. From that day, Kio has been training hiself of the way of killing.  One day, he was approached by a strange man, this man was in a cloaked hood.  This strange man...chalenged Kio to a fight.  The results of this fight was unexpected, the man had won.  The old man removed his cloak and said he was a master of Fei Daja (Flying Fighting) and would teach Kio.  Kio reluctantly agrees, not knowing what would be ins tore for him.  During the traniing Kio was given wings and his own Staff.  Now that Kio has been trained to be the best, he sets out to find the men who killed his parents and his childhood...

Nikki

Xzeliea.

If you don't know anything about Xzel by now, i'm NOT re-posting it...

i don't even know if i wanna do this...

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

CutMan

Quote from: Xze-Xze on July 23, 2006, 06:53:01 PM
Xzeliea.

If you don't know anything about Xzel by now, i'm NOT re-posting it...

i don't even know if i wanna do this...

Now now. No need to get angry. As I said, not EVERYONE may know your character (me, for example...). At least fill up the Character Profile Sheet. It'd make figuring out more about your character a lot easier. That is all.

e_voyager

lots of people know me as well but how can you really know someone? Especially if they are alive and thus ever-changing? Either way this looks fun so if you don't mind I'll throw in my hat, I have a lot of powers and abilityes but most of then I can't use due the the nature of my being. And yes if I got a  scan of you weapn o caon use it just like  any other AWS (adaptive weapons system) bot

RPstats

name E's forte. or e forshort

Race: enegry being / body cloner

Appearances enters the rp world how he normally looks

Personality: explorative. Often friendly sometimes easily fooled

Weapons: the Forte(strong point) buster. The robotizer (rarely if ever used) changes flesh in blood to circuitry and metal also works in reverse.. the volttekker (can only use if in tech-set mode a mode he almost never uses as it requires him to spend extend time in and organic body.) turns massive amounts of matters often compressed air into energy and is used like a cannons. Also uses as a dash shield at times. Located in the chest area.

Character Ability List: good speed (sprints at forty mps in normal bass form for up to30 seconds) regular running speed 22 mph. Stronger than most humans.( lifts 600 pounds in normal form 1000 when he redlines his arms) Can jump very high using a jet boost feature( about 35 feet when not wall climbing a skill he learned in x  universe)  Sensors can pick up multiple opponents around him. Has deadly accuracy. Good in hand-to-hand combat skills.  Weapon copy ability inter universe  travel

Weaknesses: tiger pit (i.e. the point spike pits form mm games)  he can surin one sure blow a day then his shield needs 23 hours to regenerate.(as seen in mm9) weakness inherent to his physical forms. Slightly weaker then most of his clone forms originals.  Spells of sealing ore banishment. Losing a body cause him to leave a world for up to 3 years unless the body is rebuilt or he is recall by a person of power. Does not fully understand good and evil.

History: traveling all the connected worlds  e as he has been dubbed  short for any number of names including Baka e as a cat human once called him. He does not desire power feeling that he has enough of it at any give time all he want to do is explore and help out every once in a while. While in the Rock man universe he found and stole a spare body belonging to a creature he would later com to know as forte. Since then he has upgraded the body with tech form several universes including the rototizer , tech for mega man x 1-5 (not the weapons but a lot of energy and armor upgrades) and in the tech man blade universe he had to be human until he was captured but the enemy and turned into a tekkaman himself. He was called tekkaman End for a time. Later that name yes used by another called Dead End

He ran into trouble  in a sonic universe and while buying the freedom fighters time to escape was nearly destroyed when a portal opens from him landing him in his mecha sonic body in this new worlds. Having escaped Dr. Eggman he retuned to his normal form or and upgraded forte body ones more feeling the programs that make him want to prove he is strong and an urge to defeat rock man. He is current lost about 5 miles outside of town and is busy setting ups a spare body just in case he walks into a trap. they helped out when he fought king after all.

"but that wan't me was it" he asks. "that was the real forte that fought king"
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

CutMan

Quote from: e_voyager on July 25, 2006, 04:16:37 AM
RPstats

name E's forte. ore e forshort

Appearances enters the rp world how her normally looks

History: traveling all the connected worlds  e as he has been dubbed  short for any number of names including Baka e as a cat human once called him. He does not desire power feeling that he has enough of it at any give time all he want to do is explore and help out every once in a while.

So wait. I'm confused. Is this a guy or a girl? One part says guy....another says girl. As far as I know, Bass (or Forte....whichever you prefer) is a guy. Maybe you got confused in your typing. Please fix it.

e_voyager

np that line should have said "not sure he's fotgoten"
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

lucas marcone

name:night eyes
race: nezumi(rat people populateing kamigawa in the magic tadeing card game)
appearance: see avatar
personality: variable
weapons: staff (see avatar) and zombies LOSTS of em.
abilities: he excels at offence but has pretty good defence. anything dead can be risin to fight for him. he can also rob graves.
weakness: hes a shamon so he isnt built like a tank. he is what i refer to as "squishy".
history: he came from the land of kamigawa in a failed attempt at raising dead things in other universes.

oh one IMPORTANT THING he is a villan.

e_voyager

if your a villain will you be attacking are would be heroes indirectly or are you going after the big boss to try and take his place?

lucas marcone

a bit of both. im just in it for my self. take what i want and dont ask questions sort of villan.

e_voyager

kind of like how all forte wanted to do was prove he was the stronged robot of all time be defeating mega man? he didn't care what his cerater wily wanted he was in it for himself

lucas marcone

kinda....the nezumi are driven by greed.
im quoteing nezumi cutthroat flavertext (the card from magic the gathering).
"these nezumi thay disgust me. the things thay will do for money no other thinking creature would consider. this, of corse, makes them useful beyond words." -Meloku the Clouded Mirror.

e_voyager

things are going okay but i'm not sure who the score cart works. cut man is attacking the encroaching zombies squirrels, kio has been damaged but is fighting back and i'm fight the Zombies as well as distracting night eyes. how do we know when the zombies are on or when we're hurt someone enough for them to retreat?

CutMan

A reply like this should've gone into the HeroRP OOC room, not the rules and character posting page. Keep that in mind for next time, Ok? :)

Keatonguy

Hmmm well new to the board but I wanna try this out so:

Name:Keatonguy (Prefers KG)

Race: Keaton-anthro

Appearance:

Personality: He is usually a very nice person. Is friendly to people and he greets them with a smile. However he is very aggresive when angered and if pushed far enough he sometimes lose control.

Weapons: He weilds a large katana and has two daggers.

Ability List: He has the accute hearing and sense of smell like a dog, he can shoot beams of bright blue energy from his palms. And knows every lvl 1 Black Mage spell. (DND)

Weaknesses: His biggest and most exploited weakness is his connection to his loved ones. When someone he truly cares for is harmed he gets really emotional. (Sad, angry ect.) Hes also extremely alergic to Carrots.

History: For awhile he was a Interdimensional-Bounty Hunter with a few of his partners. But one time when he went through a portal he ended up in the world of Castlevania. Hes been trying to get back to his friends ever since.

Hehe, hope that was good enough. :3

lucas marcone

its good. you will want to read the story from the begining though. wont take long.

Keatonguy