My Music

Started by CutMan, July 21, 2006, 11:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CutMan

Greetings, everyone! I'm glad to be here! Well, to be quite blunt about it, this is a thread showing my music. All of them are made by me (Except "CutMan Power!" I wonder where that one came from?). Constructive criticism is welcome; I'm always looking for ways on improving my music. Thanks, and here's the link to it!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=942169&sub=32305

And now, a small note. To listen to each track, simply click on the headphones and wait for it to load. Simple. Also, "Sounds Like Trouble!" and "CutMan Power!" were made using an older keyboard of mine, where I used the computer's microphone and put it directly against the keyboard's speaker. This explains the fuzz in the back. With my new keyboard, I no longer need do that! :mwaha That is all. Enjoy!

Tapewolf

Quote from: CutMan on July 21, 2006, 11:21:46 PM
Greetings, everyone! I'm glad to be here! Well, to be quite blunt about it, this is a thread showing my music. All of them are made by me (Except "CutMan Power!" I wonder where that one came from?). Constructive criticism is welcome; I'm always looking for ways on improving my music. Thanks, and here's the link to it!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=942169&sub=32305

And now, a small note. To listen to each track, simply click on the headphones and wait for it to load. Simple. Also, "Sounds Like Trouble!" and "CutMan Power!" were made using an older keyboard of mine, where I used the computer's microphone and put it directly against the keyboard's speaker. This explains the fuzz in the back. With my new keyboard, I no longer need do that! :mwaha That is all. Enjoy!

Not bad - the composition is good.  Some of them sound rather early-90s-soundcard though.  What keyboards were you using?  (What on earth keyboard for instance, has NO headphone jack?)

My advice? get a cheap Roland JV1010 or something on e-bay :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Moekii

i wish i could actually use a keyboard for my songs :<

alas i am doomed to mouse everything forever :<

you're a good keyboardist and your composition is nice but i think you need to look into some newer/more original sounds. however if you're stuck with a soundbank on a keyboard there's probably not a whole lot you could do about it :p

Tapewolf

Quote from: Moekii on July 22, 2006, 11:00:00 AM
i wish i could actually use a keyboard for my songs :<
alas i am doomed to mouse everything forever :<
Get one anyway, even if you can't really play it.  It's useful to have one just for timings and stuff.  The little riff on my weird cover of Xss' song happened by noodling - that one line is about the extent of my actual keyboard skills.  Everything else is done via Sonar or Rosegarden.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

CutMan

Thanks for the comments! I actually have a few classical pieces that sound like they would be used for a Castlevania Game. The only problem is that my computer's speakers are blown out, so until I get new ones, I won't be able to record anything. I'll see if I can get something new in there anyways. Once again, thanks for the comments! :)

Xss

QuoteSome of them sound rather early-90s-soundcard though.
Remidns me the musics of games of the 90'ties, reminds me of all the time I lose while playing with the nintendo  xD Not bad! ^^

Quotei wish i could actually use a keyboard for my songs 
alas i am doomed to mouse everything forever
What you do with the mouse is already quite amazing XD. I work with a mouse too, and that means I need at least 15 minutes to put a couple of notes with the good rythm XP

Moekii

i have an old as heck Yamaha keyboard with standard GM sounds and a actual piano in the form of a Yamaha U1 upright piano. i do noodle on them sometimes to come up with stuff.

like in my thread the song "In The Dark" was originally thought up on a piano :]

Tiger_T

Quote from: CutMan on July 22, 2006, 11:57:11 AM
Thanks for the comments! I actually have a few classical pieces that sound like they would be used for a Castlevania Game. The only problem is that my computer's speakers are blown out, so until I get new ones, I won't be able to record anything. I'll see if I can get something new in there anyways. Once again, thanks for the comments! :)
This might be a dumb question, but couldn't you plug the speaker-output into the microphone input?
Add a Y-splitter and headphones (if you need to hear what you do) and voila. (Never tried it, but it should work, No?)
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

CutMan

Quote from: Tiger_T on July 23, 2006, 06:20:12 AM
Quote from: CutMan on July 22, 2006, 11:57:11 AM
This might be a dumb question, but couldn't you plug the speaker-output into the microphone input?
Add a Y-splitter and headphones (if you need to hear what you do) and voila. (Never tried it, but it should work, No?)

Lol. It does work. But when I had my old keyboard, I didn't know that, so I just made due with what I had and did that. Thanks for the advice anyways.

Nikki

holy crap i love it!!

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

CutMan

Quote from: Xze-Xze on July 23, 2006, 02:32:11 PM
holy crap i love it!!

Thanks a load! I'm currently working on another, but I'm going to have to wait for a while to actually get it up. Thanks for the comment!