I just got introduced to trance (I thought it was techno at the time)

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, July 24, 2006, 11:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune Ascendant

the song, butterfly, is (if I understand correctly) from dance dance revolution. I'm craving some more trance, specifically classic, acid, or euro. any recomendations?
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Xuzaf D

Gornemant

DDR song? must be dance or something.
various electronic music styles here http://di.fm/ enjoy

Zina

I would hesitate to call Happy Hardcore techno.
The artist that does that song is Toy Box. I suggest looking for more music by them, because their other songs are very similiar.

Gareeku

some good dance songs:

- "Insomina", "We Come one" and "God Is a DJ" by Faithless.
- "Adagio for strings" by William Orbit.

i'll put more up when i remember them. ^.^

BlackJokerFox

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

all you wanted to know about electronic music and more, and I agree with Zina on hesitating to call Happy Hardcore techno

Kitsune Ascendant

*takes a look*

yep. it's more like epic trance. and I want more.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

xHaZxMaTx

BlackJokerFox

www.pandora.com  is a good way to discover music and bands similar to the ones you like

Netami

Daft Punk's Around the World
Daft Punk's Robot Rock.

I love the guide to electronic music and all, and I am not sure what you want to consider Daft Punk, but those two songs are a couple of my favorites from them.

I think every person has his or her own opinion on what techno is.

bill

I'm not a huge fan of electronic. Do try some TD and Kraftwerk, though.

BlackJokerFox

Techno is ok, but I prefer Trance

Kitsune Ascendant

BlackJokerFox

as far as artists go I only know a few by name

Paul Van Dyk, DJ Micro, Neuroticfish, Scooter. If you like kind of gothic trance, by gothic I mean heavy bass, pipe organs and latin chanting, try E Nomine

Gareeku

I like scooter, but that guy who shouts over their songs is frickin' ANNOYING. D: