The Line in the Stars (OOC) [PG/14] - Closed

Started by Azlan, July 20, 2006, 11:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

haha, now azlan has free reign where knight ends up... so if he wants to have some fun when he posts, well, knight is as much a pawn now as any other NPC

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Azlan

well, Mother isn't really such a maze, she uses mind tricks to obfuscate bends, turns and inclines/declines in the hallways.

Wow, what a posting rush... I shall now get to posting a bit.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Lisky

yes... but given the fact that mother seems to be about the size of a modern seafaring naval cruiser, and Knight did not in fact pay attention to his tour means that he very well may end up at the same place 2 or 3 times while wandering aimlessly, like he is right now...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

techmaster-glitch

Working on getting a post in now. It's coming out a lot longer than I expected :mowdizzy

And Azlan, if, after it is up, there is anything incorrect in my post, please notify me here, and not in-character, so I can appropriately edit my post if necessary. If I've got anything wrong, it's because I misread or didn't know something.

EDIT: There, it's up. Considering I posted this slightly tired, I very like scewed something up, which is what I would like you to tell me, or at the very least I may have just left something out, though that isn't as much of a problem.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 05, 2009, 12:13:41 AM
Considering I posted this slightly tired, I very like scewed something up...

*cough*

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Well, if that's the only error I made, then I'm happy.

Azlan

Hard times at work at the moment, I will look over things when I get a chance... very sorry!

ShadesFox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 05, 2009, 02:26:42 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 05, 2009, 12:13:41 AM
Considering I posted this slightly tired, I very like scewed something up...

*cough*

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;-]

Just so you know llearch, I'm going to put in an ermine with a strange affinity for boxes.  He will be in there somewhere.

Quote from: Azlan on March 06, 2009, 04:38:00 AM
Hard times at work at the moment, I will look over things when I get a chance... very sorry!

Evil fox lies!
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

ShadesFox

The LitS-verse of course!  He could be a bartender, or a smart ass dock worker, there are many places where this 'completely not llearch in the slightest' ermine can be placed!
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Lisky

.... you could totally make him a character like carmine from Gears of War/2, one gets killed off... and yet he's got some distant relative that's almost an exact replica to replace him... genius...

ShadesFox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 06, 2009, 07:49:07 PM
In trouble?

Hmm, problem is that, to be truely in trouble, you have to be a central character.

Though it is insane amounts of fun!  :boogie
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Pfft. I'm always a central character.

I thought you knew? The world revolves around me... ;-]

Azlan

Not here it doesn't, but the last I checked back in with the Society, all sixteen people whom our world revolved around did not include anyone in England... that country and the people there... well their time has passed.

Though ermines are good to have around...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Azlan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 07, 2009, 06:59:44 PM
... *suspicious look* around what?

The world, all armed with appropriately sized rail guns.

Lisky

soo... are we waiting on shades, me, or is azzy supposed to break up the argument somehow?

also, on the topic in the OOC... what's your definition of appropriate... are we talking railguns, like firing 500kg slugs.... or are we talking railguns firing like over-sized telephone poles of tungsten massing in around 500 metric tonnes?

techmaster-glitch

I'm just waiting on Azlan to tell me if there is anything incorrect in my post, so I can fix it. Other than that, I can't think of any hold-ups.

Azlan

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on March 07, 2009, 07:49:33 PM
soo... are we waiting on shades, me, or is azzy supposed to break up the argument somehow?

I will probably post something, but it may not be today, a really, really bad headache just kicked in...

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on March 07, 2009, 07:49:33 PM
also, on the topic in the OOC... what's your definition of appropriate... are we talking railguns, like firing 500kg slugs.... or are we talking railguns firing like over-sized telephone poles of tungsten massing in around 500 metric tonnes?

My, my... just how big are the ermines where you are?

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 07, 2009, 07:51:40 PM
I'm just waiting on Azlan to tell me if there is anything incorrect in my post, so I can fix it. Other than that, I can't think of any hold-ups.

It seems basically fine and I will get a response up, but as I typed, my head is hurting... and now its making my stomach all icky... bleh

techmaster-glitch

Hope you feel better soon, Azlan... :mowsad

But, if there really isn't anything wrong in my post, then Shades should post next with his response.

Lisky

it's not an issue of size, it's an issue of overkill... and how much you want to see it... i prefer my latter option... although extreme overkill, it's epic to behold...

also, if your not feeling well, just take a nap or something... getting a little rest never hurt someone...

hope you feel better soon

ShadesFox

I was not aware that I was expected to reply.  I shall shortly.

As for the argument, I was under the impression that it wasn't an argument as much as Aaron was saying what is going to happen.

Edit:
PS: Sorry if it sounds like I'm being very harsh on Knight, but the asteroid plan is just all sorts of a bad idea <_<
The All Purpose Fox

Lisky

i don't think people are seeing it as he is... maybe so, but everyone seems to be thinking the whole idea involves getting close... in space once inertia is imparted... an object just keeps going...

techmaster-glitch

Question, azlan: Knight doesn't outrank Nazareth, right? That may dictate how Nazareth responds next.

ShadesFox

The problem isn't one of not seeing your point.  The problem is that ShadesFox can write a dissertation on why the plan is a bad one, but Aaron can not.  I'm pretty sure Aaron would tag it a bad idea, but I'm not sure what/how much Aaron would think of.  I'm thinking of going the time budget/scheduling problems though there are far more convincing counter arguments.
The All Purpose Fox

techmaster-glitch

Similar situation here. I've got all sorts of reasons why this is a bad idea, but Nazareth can't bring many of them to the table. However, I can say one thing that is probably the biggest reason why not to throw an asteroid:

We don't want the pirates to know something going on. Randomly dragging an asteroid out of it's orbit and flinging it dead-on to a space station will tell them something's going on.

ShadesFox

They might not even be that suspect, it might just be another asteroid.  Uncommon, but happens.  Followed then by auto-defenses destroying it.  I don't see how something of that size would not have an anti-asteroid mechanism.  If not just for itself then to protect the planet it orbits and the ships there.  Then such a move would seriously compromise the stealth of the mission, since if they DO figure out we were behind the astroid stunt that would give them a solid line to follow back to where we were at one point in time.  Then if they are monitoring asteroids then things would be highly suspect if one of them started moving of it's own accord.  There is also the problem if FINDING an asteroid to use.  One of suitable mass that we could get to and start flinging around.  Add to this the fact that it would, again, probably be effortlessly dealt with leaves us at a huge disadvantage, squandering time on this pointless stunt, when what we really want to do is find what we are looking for quickly.
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Nazareth would technically out rank Knight, he has the same equivalent rank as Saioko, but his authority is a bit more restricted.

Just to comment on the asteroid, I also think it is a bad idea and if Shades wants to send me the better points of his argument, I'll have Mother bring it up.

On a side note, my headache is now worse after taking a nap... go figure.

Edit:

I am going to say this about the asteroid, because in fairness, I haven't been too informative about space stations.  However, as Shades has correctly deduced, Space resident, fixed and orbital assets do indeed come with protection from asteroids.  The oldest methods are kinetic missiles and mass drivers, but modern defenses involve particle beams and antimatter weapons. 

Finding an asteroid is not a problem, the area around the edge of the solar system has a number of them, but their sensors will detect it once it enters the range of the scanning posts.  The standard tactic would be to send a cruiser to investigate it and destroy it.   

Additionally, consider that the presence of pirates does not mean everyone is with them.  There could be innocent civilians on that station and I don't think that considering killing indiscriminately is a good stance to take.  Ultimately it is important to play your character, so I won't press issues like that.

Lisky

actually, re-reading shade's post, i think i should probably re-do my own... it seems he wants the asteroid idea dropped altogether....