The Line in the Stars (OOC) [PG/14] - Closed

Started by Azlan, July 20, 2006, 11:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

just lemme know if i should add or remove anything...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Azlan

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 08, 2009, 07:37:57 PM
just lemme know if i should add or remove anything...

Looks fine, I'll respond a little later. got some stuff to do first.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Lisky

...shades, i love how your just setting yourself up for horrible, horrible disappointment....

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

ShadesFox

I do this frequently.  One of my favorite moments is linked here:
The 2 posts in the IC thread: http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,739.msg230005.html#msg230005
The 3 posts in the OOC thread, right after the IC part: http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,644.msg230006.html#msg230006
The All Purpose Fox

Lushin

Quote from: ShadesFox on February 08, 2009, 10:13:59 PM
I do this frequently.  One of my favorite moments is linked here:
The 2 posts in the IC thread: http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,739.msg230005.html#msg230005
The 3 posts in the OOC thread, right after the IC part: http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,644.msg230006.html#msg230006
Which posts? There are a few there.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

ShadesFox

The links put the posts at the top of the screen.
The All Purpose Fox

techmaster-glitch

Gosh darn it, how many more times am I going to make an ass out of Nazareth because I didn't know something that he should've?  :rolleyes

ShadesFox

However many times you want to ;p

Though you do have it rather rough on your end.  Naz seems like a very protocol type, and this defies all protocols.  Though Aaron would make a comment about how at least you aren't half dead.
The All Purpose Fox

Lisky

you know, someone could totally make a snide comment when 'knight' exits the pod that it looks like he was hooking up with his girlfriend in the pod when his ship was destroyed... as the computer core has in fact taken the form of a female, who is wearing knight's clothes

Azlan

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 13, 2009, 07:41:13 PM
Gosh darn it, how many more times am I going to make an ass out of Nazareth because I didn't know something that he should have?  :rolleyes

That was done deliberately, as my understanding of Nazareth is that he is rather uncomfortable with the full immersion, direct brain link style systems that Mother seems to employ.

He is just so unfamiliar to this kind of environment and technology that he probably would not even think query certain things.

I wanted to map it out as a learning experience and perhaps he will grow from it.   

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Azlan on February 13, 2009, 10:06:40 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 13, 2009, 07:41:13 PM
Gosh darn it, how many more times am I going to make an ass out of Nazareth because I didn't know something that he should have?  :rolleyes

That was done deliberately, as my understanding of Nazareth is that he is rather uncomfortable with the full immersion, direct brain link style systems that Mother seems to employ.
Well, that's not quite correct. I had intended for him to get over that fairly quickly, because I wanted the focus to be on his hatred of Clanners (which is justified), not discomfort of aliens (which is not). I knew that if he had both at the same time, he really would seem like an utterly unreasonable xenophobic jerk. And that's not what I'm going for. Most recent post case in point :<

Azlan

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 14, 2009, 01:21:00 PM
Well, that's not quite correct. I had intended for him to get over that fairly quickly, because I wanted the focus to be on his hatred of Clanners (which is justified), not discomfort of aliens (which is not). I knew that if he had both at the same time, he really would seem like an utterly unreasonable xenophobic jerk. And that's not what I'm going for. Most recent post case in point :<

That is what I have seen.  I know what you have said/typed, but that has truly yet to show through in the character and it is really early for such a radical change in position for someone like what you have portrayed Nazareth to be.  I will take you at your intent, and be more mindful of what you desire for him.

Azlan

Lol, I thought it good to mention that I do not own Washu Hakubi... but something possessed me to include a furry version in this universe.

ShadesFox

Speaking of LOL, at some point I'm going to try and have Aaron use Dan's latest quote, "I learned to hear thoughts, among other things"
The All Purpose Fox

Lisky

i'm not sure if i should have knight go with teasing, or just laugh now that Saioko has gone and put herself in a "god damnit, now nothing is going to sound right" situation... awesome job azlan, i'm going to be chuckling about that for a few hours now...

Azlan

Prof B Hunnydew

God and Goddess  RL is kicking my ass..work, fever, and comic requirements/promises months ago, now due... Well, they are finished.  Now, just the 1000th fan comic. and I am feeling better.

I would like to know if I am still in on this... I need a few hours more to caught up...Can Nova be healed more or she is still on limited duty?  Mara want training for security, as a spy.

PBH

Azlan

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on February 21, 2009, 07:33:39 PM
God and Goddess  RL is kicking my ass..work, fever, and comic requirements/promises months ago, now due... Well, they are finished.  Now, just the 1000th fan comic. and I am feeling better.

I would like to know if I am still in on this... I need a few hours more to caught up...Can Nova be healed more or she is still on limited duty?  Mara want training for security, as a spy.

PBH

Well, I haven't dropped you if that's what you mean.  Nova is still resting in Medical and I imagine Mara is still talking to Alexis...

Nova will still be a bit limited, but that is just so she takes it easy.  As for Mara getting training, Alexis can probably give her some espionage programs, but she really would not be able to train her in a short time.  She can do her best, but it will not be instant.

Lisky

shades, you totally could have used another line for earlier in the comic... actually, there's still time while the jokes are still funny

btw... that is a sentence full of horrible... yet hilarious too  :3

ShadesFox

Ah, I didn't remember that one.  Meck Mecka Mow-Wow!  I don't think I'll edit my post to include that, I try not to make any major changes after I post, just spelling/grammar.

And Aaron is definitely going to keep using 'quality escape pod time' as an euphemism.
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Tickling and a pile of sleeping foxes... that is so cute I now have a cavity :P

Anyways, I would like everyone to do a scene wrap up... Bas, I know you just started, but I want to transition to the next 'instance'.  I will address Captain Summers' response in my transition post.  Aaron is in a good hold spot.  As long as you don't double post, you can post any wrap ups that you need.  I'm going to post one more response for Saioko and then wait for everyone to finish up for the scene change.

techmaster-glitch

Considering that the ship wreckage contains reverse-engineered tech "more advanced" than Mother, Nazareth would normally want to hang around and protect it until the main fleet can send someone to take over, but I passed that in favor of not holding anything up.

ShadesFox

Excellent, my plot to deprive you of your evil fox teeth is going according to schedule.  Soon phase two begins, when I start posting youtube videos of fox cubs.

On topic, holding until scene changes.
The All Purpose Fox

Lisky

i've got knight setup for a transition... either A: the tour happens, or B: we skip forward a certain amount of time and go under the assumption that he and saioko have started to integrate with the crew... doing rough generalizations rather than a detailed explanation of actions...

techmaster-glitch

"What are Aaron's orders", as in how does he want to proceed? Try to sneak past the pirates, try to communicate and negotiate, or just go in, alien guns blazing, or something else?

Your call, Shades >:3

Lisky

I'm curious who's going to ruin Knight's day first... is it Azlan having Saioko do something either embarrassing or socially awkward... or is it Shades having Arron find Knight in like 2 seconds flat...

Azlan

I'll get something up tomorrow, hopefully I can have a socially awkward situation with Saioko planned out properly, and maybe with Marissa too... yay for awkward.

ShadesFox

I think Knight and Romulus are setting the bar for awkward even higher X3

Anyways, if Knight wants to find Aaron in his room he can.  Aaron would be working on a plan on how to proceed when we get to the planet.
The All Purpose Fox

Lisky

if you feel like posting, i can... but my overall plan was to get him lost so azlan can throw him just about any situation he wants, and Knight can totally be like "wait... that's not were i want to be..."

ShadesFox

Heh, don't let me dictate what you do.  Though Aaron will be replying if you do find him :3
The All Purpose Fox