The Line in the Stars (OOC) [PG/14] - Closed

Started by Azlan, July 20, 2006, 11:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadesFox

Interesting, though now that you mention it, it looks like the bottom part is not loading.  Perhaps the jpg was not fully uploaded?
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Quote from: Ink on October 10, 2008, 10:50:15 PM
http://pics.llearch.net/d/750-1/LitSeasyview.jpg

As a favour to Shades. I have a 2 MB A4 size in CMYK colours for prints. Also, I still have the .indd file so I can edit this as necessary. I still can't come back yet, too busy with work, art and commissions. I really do want to play Summers again, sometime. Maybe Christmas.

Very nice, thank you for the art type work Ink and Shades for the for the information and layout.  It would be nice to see Summers played again, but I know how it can be with responsibilities and life.  Be safe Inky foxy.   

Quote from: Daimien on October 11, 2008, 01:13:09 PM
The only thing I noticed was that while Army Romulus is technically is under the ISIS. Though I don't know how it works out now seeing he moved to from one ship to the other under orders of Nexx since Loki was found, cause we didn't want Loki to go to Major Kanzoria for testings.

Romulus will always be under Army command unless he transfers to ISIS.  ISIS's special dispensation to take operational control of Special Forces does not supersede their branch of service.  It is a mission specific authority.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

ShadesFox

Well, Ink Foxie did say that it might be Christmas, which sounds like a deadline for finding the Matron's ship and calling in the fleet ;p

And Daimien's bit did have me a bit confused.  The ISIS would have jumped in my 'dangerous' chart if they did run their own special forces units.  Calling upon the army's units makes much more sense.  Anywho, I've been collecting new background for Aaron, including the bits from our PM talk.  Hope to have that up soon.

The Story of Major Brown:
--------------
Aaron was an ugly cub.

But this was not the interesting part.  Aaron and Mark Brown were born to Maria and Robert Brown.  Not long there after Maria disappeared.  No one seemed willing to talk about it, every time he brought her up there was a brief moment of recollection about her before they quickly moved on to a new subject.  Robert stayed with Mark and Aaron for a while before he had to head off for a more lucrative job trading in the space lanes.  The brothers grew up with family members, grand parents, uncles, aunts, never staying with a relative for too long, never long enough for either of the foxes to grow attached.  They got regular messages from their father, stories about what he had seen, money to use for food, education, and other things fox children may do (lots of trading card games).  That was until the messages stopped.  It was widely assumed that he was claimed by the black, as many space traders were, either done in by any number of nasty accidents or equally nasty intentional accidents.

Many have wondered how the two could take the news so well.  In reality, neither really had parents to begin with, and in the end they did not even know for sure that either were actually dead, they were just gone, much like they always were.  With the lack of money Mark went into space trading following in dad's trail.  Some friends of Robert's felt sorry for him and Mark was able to get in to the trade easily enough.  Aaron secured a small scholarship to go to university.  He knew early on that he would be going for as long as he could, declaring that you were going for a graduate degree was a good method of avoiding compulsory enlistment.

While the war had long been over, a distant memory to many, there was still a compulsory enlistment system.  Target numbers for 'The Final Conflict to End Conflicts' were always defined as 'a lot'.  The amount of time they had to recruit also allowed them to develop a number of nasty tricks to recruit people.  Many accuse them of making scholarships difficult to maintain to trap students in some sort of military program.  This is one of the few cases where the many were wise. 

When Aaron's money ran out he joined an officer training program.  He had shown great promise as a researcher, essentially devouring any knowledge put in his way.  The ISF was only too glad to set him on research projects, which always saw accelerated time tables when he was on the task.  Aaron did not mind the reputation of getting things done well before anyone thought it should be possible, it tended to get him on the most interesting projects.  Aaron was a part of two expeditions during his stay in university, each of which became infamous across university for going horribly wrong.  These incidents only saw Aaron's legend grow as he was credited with single handedly saving many members of these expeditions through quick thinking and good situational assessment.  Aaron vehemently denies these accusations, saying he just did what anyone should do, though that did not keep him from putting in for promotion.  Towards the end of his extended stay in University he was put in a senior assistant position for the research labs of the university.  However, the real post-doc that was supposed to be running the labs was often negligent in his duties, being too wrapped up in the latest "very important top secret project" to worry about the lab, effectively putting Aaron in charge.  This annoyed Aaron to no end, but you wouldn't have guessed it hearing Aaron's fond stories and memories of those times.

After he was awarded a doctorate in Xeno Biology, Aaron was expecting to be assigned to the lab or to some military research facility.  Imagine his surprise when he was assigned to the Inari class cruiser Revelation.
-------------------

All subject to Azlan approval.  The only part I'm really concerned about is the ugly cub part.
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Quote from: ShadesFox on October 11, 2008, 08:23:42 PM
Well, Ink Foxie did say that it might be Christmas, which sounds like a deadline for finding the Matron's ship and calling in the fleet ;p

And Daimien's bit did have me a bit confused.  The ISIS would have jumped in my 'dangerous' chart if they did run their own special forces units.  Calling upon the army's units makes much more sense.  Anywho, I've been collecting new background for Aaron, including the bits from our PM talk.  Hope to have that up soon.

As it is detailed in the old tech thread, ISIS does employ a lot of its own military forces. 

Quote from: ShadesFox on October 11, 2008, 08:23:42 PM
The Story of Major Brown:
--------------
Aaron was an ugly cub.

But this was not the interesting part.  Aaron and Mark Brown were born to Maria and Robert Brown.  Not long there after Maria disappeared.  No one seemed willing to talk about it, every time he brought her up there was a brief moment of recollection about her before they quickly moved on to a new subject.  Robert stayed with Mark and Aaron for a while before he had to head off for a more lucrative job trading in the space lanes.  The brothers grew up with family members, grand parents, uncles, aunts, never staying with a relative for too long, never long enough for either of the foxes to grow attached.  They got regular messages from their father, stories about what he had seen, money to use for food, education, and other things fox children may do (lots of trading card games).  That was until the messages stopped.  It was widely assumed that he was claimed by the black, as many space traders were, either done in by any number of nasty accidents or equally nasty intentional accidents.

Many have wondered how the two could take the news so well.  In reality, neither really had parents to begin with, and in the end they did not even know for sure that either were actually dead, they were just gone, much like they always were.  With the lack of money Mark went into space trading following in dad's trail.  Some friends of Robert felt sorry for him Mark was able to get in to the trade easily enough.  Aaron secured a small scholarship to go to university.  He knew early on that he would be going for as long as he could, declaring that you were going for a graduate degree was a good method of avoiding compulsory enlistment.

While the war had long been over, a distant memory to many, there was still a compulsory enlistment system.  Target numbers for 'The Final Conflict to End Conflicts' were always defined as 'a lot'.  The amount of time they had to recruit also allowed them to develop a number of nasty tricks to recruit people.  Many accuse them of making scholarships difficult to maintain to trap students in some sort of military program.  This is one of the few cases where the many were wise. 

When Aaron's money ran out he joined an officer training program.  He had shown great promise as a researcher, essentially devouring any knowledge put in his way.  The ISF was only too glad to set him on research projects, which always saw accelerated time tables when he was on the task.  Aaron did not mind the reputation of getting things done well before anyone thought it should be possible, it tended to get him on the most interesting projects.  Aaron was a part of two expeditions during his stay in university, each of which became infamous across university for going horribly wrong.  These incidents only saw Aaron's legend grow as he was credited with single handedly saving many members of these expeditions through quick thinking and good situational assessment.  Aaron vehemently denies these accusations, saying he just did what anyone should do, though that did not keep him from putting in for promotion.  Towards the end of his extended stay in University he was put in a senior assistant position for the research labs of the university.  However, the real post-doc that was supposed to be running the labs was often negligent in his duties, being too wrapped up in the latest "very important top secret project" to worry about the lab, effectively putting Aaron in charge.  This annoyed Aaron to no end, but you wouldn't have guessed it hearing Aaron's fond stories and memories of those times.

After he was awarded a doctorate in Xeno Biology, Aaron was expecting to be assigned to the lab or to some military research facility.  Imagine his surprise when he was assigned to the Inari class cruiser Revelation.
-------------------

All subject to Azlan approval.  The only part I'm really concerned about is the ugly cub part.

Aaron was a cute fox cub...

This is good, I would like you to PM me with what you believe happened to Robert.

Azlan

For record keeping purposes...

Current A.I.'s:

Mother - bright vibrant orange vixen who dresses like she belongs in Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle.  She is the ship, representing the mind in control of a body.  Mother does not appear to have any other name that she chooses to share with those that travel with her and her role is very much like that of a mother.  She treats everyone under her care as if they were her children, which can be both good and bad.

Alexis - This vixen is the same color as her mother, and tends to sport all manner of military uniforms.  Alexis is the oldest and most unusual of the three sisters, she has a very dominant personality and tends to like to flirt with the males.  She treats the Acadian kids like brothers and sisters, and will tend to disobey even Loki if she believes her course of action is the best.  Alexis is also the only one besides Mother that seems to leave the ship regularly and independently.  Her role appears to be security and weapons systems.  Though it has not specifically been mentioned, she has lavender hair and her eyes are aquamarine, she also speaks with a noticeable welsh accent.

Rebecka - This golden vixen only recently appeared.  She has auburn hair and blue eyes.  When she speaks, her accent is of a highland Scottish lass.  Despite her accent, she is largely a vixen variety of Kanna Togakushi complete with glasses (as any meganekko should have) and insane inventions.  Like the sister which has not yet been met, Rebecka does not appear to leave the ship.  At this point it is not known if this is because she cannot or that she just has not had a reason to do so.  She is responsible for all engineering tasks and non-combat ship systems. 

Cynthia - A light violet furred vulpine with short platinum purple hair and dark violet eyes.  She typically wears a uniform very much like that of an ISF Medical Officer.  When she speaks, she has an accent that many Earthers might consider Australian.  She is very studious and to the point, preferring to lay out the facts.  She can seem less concerned with things that should require lots of attention, such as poor foxes that are injected with a wide variety of alien (to them) chemicals.  However, it seems that somehow she already knows what is going on and where things will go.  If she is genuinely concerned, then someone is likely in a lot of danger.

ShadesFox

I also noted a change in the thread rating to PG/14.  Was there a particular reason for this?  I often found it fun when I had to reign in my usually foul mouth to fit in PG X3
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Quote from: ShadesFox on October 20, 2008, 12:45:48 AM
I also noted a change in the thread rating to PG/14.  Was there a particular reason for this?  I often found it fun when I had to reign in my usually foul mouth to fit in PG X3

Well, the level of violence and situation coming up in the future preclude a PG rating.  I wanted to keep it PG, because that would actually be a first for this board, but I checked my notes and it just won't work.

BTW, I edited in a response to Aaron.

ShadesFox

I see.  Violence could be interesting.  Aaron abhors having to do such things, though you may have noticed that I enjoy marching Aaron into doing things he does not like.  I'll continue to keep my language in check anyways.  And I see my brain's tendency to fill in letters where it expects them to be against all reality has bitten me again D: I shall just leave it, it looks like it is now built into the mythos ;p
The All Purpose Fox

techmaster-glitch

Just a note, Nazareth really would be satisfied if it's just Mother's analysis of his flight record that gave her leave to trust him with this job. He's just a guy who naturally wants to double-check and be sure everything's hunky-dory.

However, if you want to take it any further, I think I'll be able to improv in some stuff.

Azlan

Quote from: Daimien on October 21, 2008, 09:44:40 PM

Then looks at Ben and gestures to Ben's drop area.
"Your turn"

Technically he went at the same time as Romulus, but I just completely glazed over it as I was focusing on your character.  As indicated in the first part of this message:

Quote from: Azlan on October 19, 2008, 09:51:19 PM
Romulus and Ben were the first to take the seats. 

Lushin

It was kinda part of the joke Romulus had made to Alexis about her getting men. Also it's starting to feel like a mix of Farscape and Stargate.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Azlan

It's designed to be a bit whacky and fun... there are far too many RPs here that are trying to break new ground in drama, depth and seriousness.  There should at least be one that is just fun...

In its defense though, it gets more grim later.

ShadesFox

You know, that is one of those thing that have me interested in this RP above others around here.  Having fun, with the potential to run things down later.  It is like the problem of who you throw mud at.  If you throw mud at a peasant, he was already nasty and covered in mud and it isn't as much fun as throwing mud at the king, where you get mud on his shiny pants.

And prof, I just had to bring this up because Daimien and I have already made similar mistakes, but... forbidden logarithms?  I think you meant algorithms.  Unless they are just really not allowed to know that 1000 log 10 is 3 ;p

edit:
Just a another thing, as I was rereading the previous Azlan post, I think we maybe a bit confused about locations.  My intention was that Richard and Aaron went to Aaron's room.  Stupid pronouns X3
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Quote from: ShadesFox on October 22, 2008, 09:51:12 PM
edit:
Just a another thing, as I was rereading the previous Azlan post, I think we maybe a bit confused about locations.  My intention was that Richard and Aaron went to Aaron's room.  Stupid pronouns X3

K, I'll fix that at some point...

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: ShadesFox on October 22, 2008, 09:51:12 PM
You know, that is one of those thing that have me interested in this RP above others around here.  Having fun, with the potential to run things down later.  It is like the problem of who you throw mud at.  If you throw mud at a peasant, he was already nasty and covered in mud and it isn't as much fun as throwing mud at the king, where you get mud on his shiny pants.

And prof, I just had to bring this up because Daimien and I have already made similar mistakes, but... forbidden logarithms?  I think you meant algorithms.  Unless they are just really not allowed to know that 1000 log 10 is 3 ;p

edit:

Well, Spell cheque cant catch everyding....   I fix.    :mowcookie PBH

techmaster-glitch

Through this mindlink business, does Nazareth even know what Mother is armed with? And is he going to have control of the weapons, or is that going to stay with Alexis? Right now, I'm assuming the latter, so if I'm wrong, I need to add something before I post.

Azlan

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 02, 2008, 06:00:18 PM
Through this mindlink business, does Nazareth even know what Mother is armed with? And is he going to have control of the weapons, or is that going to stay with Alexis? Right now, I'm assuming the latter, so if I'm wrong, I need to add something before I post.

Weapons controls are available to Naz, Alexis is just the weapons and security subsystem.

The mindlink provides all relevant data for weapon and power systems.

Relevant weapon systems:

2 Hypergraviton blasters (front arc or rear arc).
1 Hypergraviton beam projector (front arc, spinal mount).
2 Gravitic torpedo projectors (front arc or rear arc).

Defensive systems:

Armored hull: molecularly aligned silicon-organic matrix.
4 Interceptor capable antigraviton pulsars.
1 Gravitic dissipation double field shield.
2 Gravitic field projectors

Engines and Power systems:

1 Quantum singularity Gravitic Reactor (first stage).
1 Antimatter reactor (second stage).
1 Quadruple Cross Gravitic Drive.
1 Hyperspace phase shifting vortex generator.

techmaster-glitch

Eh, I kind of had to gloss over the "combat" part of the simulation anyway for several reasons, one being that I've been trying to get this posted for a few days, and today I'm rather strapped for time, so I couldn't go into to much detail. That and I don't have much idea of what the details are, since you just said what the weapons were, and not what they do or how they compare with others. However, I'm pretty sure this will be figured out by the time we actually get to a fight, and I'm assuming they aren't to uber-powerful, because that would make the rest of the Scales useless, and right now I've been trying to push ahead to getting them back in action.

Azlan

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 03, 2008, 09:45:01 PM
   Eh, I kind of had to gloss over the "combat" part of the simulation anyway for several reasons, one being that I've been trying to get this posted for a few days, and today I'm rather strapped for time, so I couldn't go into to much detail. That and I don't have much idea of what the details are, since you just said what the weapons were, and not what they do or how they compare with others. However, I'm pretty sure this will be figured out by the time we actually get to a fight, and I'm assuming they aren't to uber-powerful, because that would make the rest of the Scales useless, and right now I've been trying to push ahead to getting them back in action.

Mother is more like a gunship then anything else.  I forgot to post any explanations on what the weapons do, that's what I get for posting when I am half tired.

Hypergraviton Beam - this weapon accelerates and concentrates a beam of gravitons at a target which has the effect of slicing through armor.  The beam rapidly compresses matter in a small area due to the creation of localized gravity wells, as well as breaking apart molecular bonds.  Can be used in Raking, piercing and sustained mode.

Hypergraviton blaster - similar to the beam weapon, except that it fires in pulses instead of a beam.  Less damage, but a very high rate of fire.

Gravitic torpedo - The graviton wave generated by the detonation of this weapon creates an enormous tidal force that at close distance can literally tear a ship to pieces.

The Quadruple Cross drive is a gravitic system, it alows the ship to make amazing maneuvers.  It allows Mother to turn on a dime, zig and zag through space and do things impossible for conventional spacecraft. 

Azlan

Azlan has been sick as of late, he will be back soon...

ShadesFox

See, this is what you get for taking strange injections.  Now you are psychic ad channeling someone with the flu.  You would think you would have learned your lesson from Aaron.
The All Purpose Fox

techmaster-glitch

Hasn't quite produced a reaction I expected, but yes, ze last post was made to finally reveal the one thing that -actually- gets Nazareth.

ShadesFox

Yes, RPs tend to be messy like that, people not reacting like you intended.

On a side note, at this point my clockwork folder in my email box is so full of LitS mails that the advertisements are dominated by Integrated Circuits (IC) and video games related to stars...
The All Purpose Fox

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: ShadesFox on November 16, 2008, 12:45:07 AM
Yes, RPs tend to be messy like that, people not reacting like you intended.
It is supposed to introduce a bit of in-character tension, but I don't think it's going to be genuine problem, so long as I handle this right.

...Wait... :/

S**t, this is going to get me booted from the RP... :B

Lushin

Dude I ain't the GM, Romulus just isn't happy at the moment. Plus you showed aggression to one of the crew. So he made it know that if it keeps up he will see about having you removed from the ship.
/happiness.exe

ShadesFox

Now now children, we can all get along and share our toys.  Romulus stop hitting Naz.  Naz stop whining about Richard.  I will pull this boat over!  DON'T MAKE ME MIND CONTROL YOU!
*Holds out his hand* STAND BY FOR MIND CONTROL!
Wait... Aaron can't mind control people?  Aww...

Sorry, that popped into my head and I just had to get that out of my system.
The All Purpose Fox

techmaster-glitch

Yes, Mama Aaron :P

And to Daimien, don't worry. Naz may have shown agression, but outward displays are going to go down from this point on (unless, gods forbid, Richard actually tries to talk to Nazareth >:3). Besides, I've been planning this the whole time.

Lushin

Well you just showed you have an issue with another crewmember infront of the guy that basically feels like a security officer. So if he feels like Naz is a threat, he will make sure nothing happens.
/happiness.exe

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Daimien on November 16, 2008, 06:36:29 PM
Well you just showed you have an issue with another crewmember infront of the guy that basically feels like a security officer. So if he feels like Naz is a threat, he will make sure nothing happens.
M'kay. But like I said, I doubt it will come to that. I mean, out of character, I wouldn't deliberately make Nazareth do something that would get me kicked out, would I? :P

Azlan

Wie!  I did not realize it was Wednesday already. 

This post is to inform you all that I shall be away in jolly old England, London town specifically, between Dec 5th to 15th.  I will be bringing my laptop, but I may not have much time for posting. 

Cheers!