The Line in the Stars (OOC) [PG/14] - Closed

Started by Azlan, July 20, 2006, 11:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azlan

Sorry, misread that.  I'll get to editing that tomorrow then.  This just made me realize that La'orth shall have a very long, maddening death all alone in the cold of space as Matron/Mother will only pass within a little over 2 parsecs, around 7 light years, of his position.  The Vizanzi won't be there to divert the ship temporarily, as they never picked up a suspect signal.

Ah, the best laid plans of mice and men, eh wat?   
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

ShadesFox

Question!  After reading Azlan and Basilisk's posts, was Starchaser intended to have landed on Matron or Mother?  I was thinking Matron but Bas's post looks like he landed on Mother.
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

The Starchaser would be too large to do anything other than piggy-back on Mother.  It landed in Matron's shuttle bay.  It is confusing because Mother made the acknowledgment call, and that will start happening more and more as the two integrate systems.  I know it is confusing, but that is how it ends up being I'm afraid.

Made the necessary edit to the space encounter.  It shall be interesting to see how it will develop, not sure what I will do if certain things occur.  It is kind of exciting really.

Lisky

and, post edited... sorry for the confusion :B

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Shachza

You just took everything out.   :dface  And here I was expecting a minor change to something like the Vizanzi ship broadcasts "I know you're out there, I detected your sensor sweep!  Now show yourself!"  And I had so many intricate plans to try out too...

If you need help getting Matron/Mother to detect La'orth's antics, wouldn't his manner of entering the system be an excellent beacon?  The station warp-thingy can't really be all that 'subtle.'
            <-- #1 that is!

Azlan

Well, it was a dependent string of events.  What you did not know is that the Vizanzi would not enter this star system for any reason, or even come within 2 parsecs of it without a very good reason.  Korsinians are a very good reasons for the Vizanzi, because dinosaurs are hated by dragons... it must be some big lizard macho thing.

Anyways, I shall have something up on Sunday I think.  Right now I must save the universe from the Reapers... again.

SquirrelWizard

John Sheppard... maidservant to the universe....

"damn it! I just cleaned up this place! And now you mess it up again!?"
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Shachza

Blarg!  Ah well.  Sorry for being a Plot Hole.

Quote from: Azlan on November 29, 2010, 03:29:41 AM

The best laid plans of Mice and Men are often ruined by REAPERS!?!?   D:
            <-- #1 that is!

Azlan

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on December 11, 2010, 12:38:39 AM
John Sheppard... maidservant to the universe....

"damn it! I just cleaned up this place! And now you mess it up again!?"

Counselor to the universe as well...

"Yah, let me solve this problem with your kid... sure I'll help you come to terms with your father... you want revenge... you need closure... I need to find what?  Hey guys, isn't there something more important we need to do?"

Quote from: Shachza on December 11, 2010, 01:02:26 AM
Blarg!  Ah well.  Sorry for being a Plot Hole.

Quote from: Azlan on November 29, 2010, 03:29:41 AM

The best laid plans of Mice and Men are often ruined by REAPERS!?!?   D:

Well, not a plot hole for me.  Things that were to introduce you were secondary to the encounters, they just happen elsewhere and without your character.  It just ends up meaning you have a countdown timer to do something to initiate an encounter option as a side quest, as opposed to being a waypoint in the main plot.  If the window of opportunity closes, you are stranded in a very bad place without any hope of rescue.  Because now you have to deal with the thing that the Vizanzi would have inadvertently saved you from.

The old machines do tend to ruin plans... yes.

Meany

Um...I have no idea what to post. :U  Considering my character is still an invalid, and I never really understood the layout of the ship.  Do I have enough control of the local NPCs to force through a post, or do I need to wait for the next GM post? :X

Shachza

Quote from: Azlan on December 12, 2010, 03:57:47 PM
Well, not a plot hole for me.  Things that were to introduce you were secondary to the encounters, they just happen elsewhere and without your character.  It just ends up meaning you have a countdown timer to do something to initiate an encounter option as a side quest, as opposed to being a waypoint in the main plot.  If the window of opportunity closes, you are stranded in a very bad place without any hope of rescue.  Because now you have to deal with the thing that the Vizanzi would have inadvertently saved you from.

Must.  Not.  Metagame.   :mad

Well, if I have to reroll, at least it still won't be the shortest-lived character I've ever played:

*In the spooky house where the bad guy should be*
*In front of one of the last doors we haven't explored through*
*We open the door; there is a blinding light coming through it and we can't see what's on the other side*
*One of us sticks a hand through and pulls it back, though there is force trying to pull the person in*
*We stand there arguing for a few minutes over what to do about it*
Me playing a hotheaded character:  "Screw it.  We won't learn anything out here."  *I jump through the door*
*I have to hand in my character sheet; the door was a hole to nowhere, we weren't supposed to go in there*
            <-- #1 that is!

Azlan

Quote from: Meany on December 12, 2010, 04:17:15 PM
Um...I have no idea what to post. :U  Considering my character is still an invalid, and I never really understood the layout of the ship.  Do I have enough control of the local NPCs to force through a post, or do I need to wait for the next GM post? :X

Power outages here in my area have been wrecking havoc with my ability to get up a post.  At this point you can hold off until after this next post when you will be medically brought back up to a 75% level or so.

Shachza

A Reaper Azlan?  All right.  That's it, I think you need a week's break from Mass Effect.  Doctor's orders!   :)
            <-- #1 that is!

Azlan

Quote from: Shachza on December 13, 2010, 02:22:23 AM
A Reaper Azlan?  All right.  That's it, I think you need a week's break from Mass Effect.  Doctor's orders!   :)

Well to be fully honest, I've never played Mass Effect.  I'm only playing Mass Effect 2 and I have not come across Reapers yet.

Shachza

I highly recommend playing ME1 just once so you can get the full storyline.  Not only do you miss out on the specifics of what happened before ME2, but there are decisions in ME1 that carry over on characters transferred to ME2.

Plus Sovereign was what I thought of the moment you placed "The Harvester" in front of my character.
            <-- #1 that is!

Azlan

It would be better served to call that something more like Amber's cubi race... with technology and space travel and... more nasty  :bat

Prof B Hunnydew

Azlan

Would the long range scan or com pick up your friend with the "Harvester" ?

PBH

Azlan

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on December 19, 2010, 09:57:36 AM
Azlan

Would the long range scan or com pick up your friend with the "Harvester" ?

PBH

Simply put, no.  If he is using a conventional short range communication system (radio, microwave) or a point to point (laser) then the stray signals would take a very long time to reach any surrounding star systems.  His race also does not use the same type of FTL communications that the ISF, other similar tech level groups, or more advanced aliens are expecting to detect.  Only the Vizanzi would recognize it and by virtue the Acadians could pick up on that.

Mother or the younger ones might detect an FTL communication from a Korsinian, but not Matron, Gaea, Xaos or even Mara.  Even then it would be like you or me understanding a canine barking vocalization after receiving a auditory morse code transmission via megaphone from a dog at the top of mount Everest.

Shachza

So you need La'orth to MacGuyver-up a megaphone and then find a mountain?    :3
            <-- #1 that is!

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Shachza on December 19, 2010, 08:43:59 PM
So you need La'orth to MacGuyver-up a megaphone and then find a mountain?    :3

OR a Flare.....the size of a nova...  Still with all the Psions onboard someone might hear something...If we get closer..

PBH

Back to my castle in the sky.

ShadesFox

Or we track down MacGyver, give him a shoe box full of rubber bands, paper clips, a turkey baster, and an old pair of socks and use the quantum tunneling device he builds to receive the morse code directly.
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

SquirrelWizard

on top of the fact that he only cobbled together solutions for known problems.

We're not aware of the raptor that is about to be indoctrinated... ergo we wouldn't know to ask him.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Prof B Hunnydew

Happy 2011!!!    

:mowcookie
Hoping Azlan and all yose guys are well, happy and have a good year.

Nova does a few barrel rolls around some dark planetoids...."WOah
There's a place in my mind
No one knows where it hides
And my fantasy is flying
It's a castle in the sky "

PBH

ShadesFox

I started the year in a way that is similar to the way I expect I will die.  Drinking with a bunch of Russians.

Happy prime year!
The All Purpose Fox

Prof B Hunnydew

Azlan 

It is unlikely  Mother would have let Nova get this close to harming the ship....Mother knew about the danger,  But it was a test to see how Nova would re-act.   She is still very green and she needs more training... She does have the ability to intergate more fully with the Matron and the ship's systems (cyber-telpathy).  Yet, she is still think like a normal ISF member.  So, Nova does not think to use more than the controls in front of her.

I want Nova to be more of cross between a daughter of  Mother and an anthro member of the Federation.

PBH 

Lisky

Anyone seen Az around? Work keeping him busy or something?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Shachza

I've been wondering the same thing.  "Last active January 13."   :mowsad

Though we're still waiting on Lushin as well.
            <-- #1 that is!

ShadesFox

January has always been slow. Last year there was two Azzie posts all of January. I think this is when the government kidnaps him to reeducate him. I'm busy on... government business myself. It will probably last as long as he keeps squirming.
The All Purpose Fox

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: ShadesFox on January 24, 2011, 05:29:09 PM
January has always been slow. Last year there was two Azzie posts all of January. I think this is when the government kidnaps him to reeducate him. I'm busy on... government business myself. It will probably last as long as he keeps squirming.

What Government business are you working on, and when Are you going to let Azlan go?

PBH