Billy Graham...a sucsessful businessman of the cloth.

Started by GabrielsThoughts, August 15, 2009, 10:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

I visited the Billy Graham Library earlier this week. It wasn't a library at all, but a wonderful museum that featured some history about Graham and his family. It featured a talking cow that insisted that you have a bite to eat at the dairy bar. And, insisted that  you buy something at their bookstore. The cow, an ethnically southern black...and white heffer named Betsy or Bessy, tells her song of the south. we soon learn  how Graham made her tail swish, Betsy had fond memories of Billy's cold hands milking her udder... and reminisced how Billy enjoyed reading the bible on his favorite tree stump that one time. At the very end of your exploration of Graham's history, you are consulted with by what I consider in my opinion was a veiled used car sale...to ensure that only the right KIND of christian believes in Christ. While I had enjoyed the documentaries and great wealth of information the museum provided. It was that car salesman, the man selling the time share in heaven that bothered me. To me it was a soft smack across the face, the implication that my understanding of Jesus message, as a teacher, and my understanding of God, as a man, was inferior. allow me to explain . The fact they won't just take you at your word is worse, an overwealming feeling that one must  explain, confess, or Prosealytize their understanding of God/Jesus ( or burn for eternity in hell) was insulting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCwcPnseyuM    

How Ironic that I was reminded of this video clip before leaving the library.   with a reaffirming message  that proselytution is the oldest profession in the world. However, I forgive them as I forgive my myself and others. :mwaha  :rolleyes  :hug
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.