Artistic Banes..

Started by Turnsky, August 06, 2009, 03:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

i've got another one.

and i'm sure EVERY artist that has so much as picked up a pencil knows this...

"Stupid Hands"

The experience of no matter what you want to draw, your hands can't seem to comprehend that much.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

I think Ren's artistic bane is his job  :B

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 16, 2009, 07:03:21 AM
I think Ren's artistic bane is his job  :B

at this rate he'd be better off being fedex'd to your little corner of earth and live in your cupboards or something.  :B

at least then he'd have reasonable internets.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Omega

Quote from: Teh_Hobo on August 06, 2009, 09:15:12 AM
Hands. Freaking hands.

The damnable hands! The shape of a finger, the location of joints, the angle of wrist, it's all impossible to get just the way you want them. Most of the body parts, from hair to toes, I've been able to draw sufficiently except the bloody HANDS! I blame the anatomy for my short comings (or GOD, like I usually do). The complexity of an hand is way off the scale from any other body part (save the face perhaps) and it can twist and bend to much unnatural positions. And if that's not enough, the depth variety with hand versus body, ie. how large the hand needs to be considering how close it is to the character, is also something that I'm not good at. It's just pure pain! I try to leave hands as simple as possible, but sometimes the picture requires to draw attention to the hand. I've been trying to practice drawing hands, but it's just too damn difficult because there are so many different hand poses. Then do I draw with five or four fingers? Shading? gggaaaaaaaaarhghgh....!

Edit:
From what I've learned from some of the better artists than myself, is that sometimes the must be drawn unrealisticly to make it look realistic. This is something that I'm having difficulties with, since I can't just look from a mirror and mimic what I see. I might need to learn this by trial and error, which is very time consuming.

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on August 12, 2009, 05:46:03 PM
For this reason I really hate that person because they killed my ability to draw which was one of the things I really enjoyed in life :cry

You sort of got me intrested. Do you have any of the old drawings left?