Oblivion - Bad day at the West Weald (video)

Started by Tapewolf, August 09, 2009, 07:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Here's a collection of more weird stuff I've filmed in Oblivion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDFEEvclX2A&fmt=18

...mostly this is centred around Toutius Sextius being thrown from his horse and becoming invisible, but there are a couple of other things too, like the sheep-hurling contest and a horse with two heads, eight legs and two bodies.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Joe3210

Good work, have you thought of becoming a bug tester for full time?

I give you two thumbs up for the video.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Corgatha Taldorthar

I particularly liked the one where it started that brawl in the fields when you stole the horses soul.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

bill

Quote from: Joe3210 on August 09, 2009, 09:41:36 PM

finding bugs in oblivion is shooting fish in a barrel

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: bill on August 10, 2009, 12:08:40 AM
finding bugs in oblivion is shooting fish in a barrel

But it's very much as amusing :D
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on August 09, 2009, 11:48:58 PM
I particularly liked the one where it started that brawl in the fields when you stole the horses soul.

Thanks.  If you mean around 6:43, they're actually attacking Toutius, who has left his body and gone on an orgy of violence.

Quote from: Joe3210 on August 09, 2009, 09:41:36 PM

Thanks.  I haven't actually.  Firstly, this one took about a year to find, and more generally the downsides of being a bug reporter are that they will fix the bugs.  Ultima 9, for example, would have been a darn sight less entertaining if they had cleaned up all the gameplay issues like the bottle-climbing trick or the bridges of bread.

Ren Gaulen

Oh, that Cat Dude! Always killing animals and making people's lives miserable! That wacky guy!.. :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 10, 2009, 03:39:17 AM
Oh, that Cat Dude! Always killing animals and making people's lives miserable! That wacky guy!.. :B
You raise an interesting point - whether the sheep are tallied as 'creatures' or 'people'.

Bear in mind that the videos tend to be rather more extreme and over-the-top than my usual playing style as I'm typically showing something off.
As for making people's lives miserable, guilty as charged.  In fact the main reason attacked the sheep because it would annoy the shepherd.  I filmed it because of the things he said, though.  "Put that back!" etc.  That and the spectacular jump the sheep makes at the end.

None of the things in this video are something I would do and save afterwards.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2009, 04:58:19 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 10, 2009, 03:39:17 AM
You raise an interesting point - whether the sheep are tallied as 'creatures' or 'people'.
I would count them as "livestock". ;)

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2009, 04:58:19 AM
None of the things in this video are something I would do and save afterwards.
Well, in this case we can say that Cat Dude has awesome time-travelling powers that allow him to harass the same people over and over again, and still get away with that. :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 10, 2009, 06:13:43 AM
Well, in this case we can say that Cat Dude has awesome time-travelling powers that allow him to harass the same people over and over again, and still get away with that. :B

This was used to great effect in Arx Fatalis, where, unable to figure out what I was supposed to do in the Goblin King mission, I slaughtered the entire castle, found out who had the keys I needed by searching the corpses and then reloaded to figure out how it was supposed to be done.

Arroyo Milori

Lol shoulder shrug attack. How/where did you get mods for making that oblivion character?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on August 14, 2009, 03:18:09 PM
Lol shoulder shrug attack. How/where did you get mods for making that oblivion character?

I'm running two mods:

1. Alexander's Wing Mod
http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5480

2. Natural Wildlife Mod
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2063

...the former adds two chests containing wings to the merchant district in the Imperial City, the latter makes the wolves act like wolves and not psychopathic killing machines.

The main attack I'm using is a custom spell I created called 'Kiss of the Incubus'.  It is not nice, especially if you've got Black soul gems about your person.
The ranged attack I used on the sheep is a variation of it called 'Remote Purify'.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 15, 2009, 08:09:56 AM
... not Remote Liquify?

The word 'purify' in this context has long had a special place in my heart.  I wanted something more horrifying than 'Exterminate!', you see.
Extermination is when you're getting rid of something that's a nuisance, like rats in the cellar.  Purification is getting rid of something that's become a nuisance to your god and in committing the murder you are carrying out a holy duty in order to make the universe a better place.

But I digress.  The specifications for the spells are:

Kiss of the Incubus
100 points Shock Damage on touch
100 points Damage Health on touch
100 points Fire Damage on touch
100 points Drain Health on touch
Soul Trap for 3 seconds on touch
100 points Fortify Magic for 6 seconds on self

...adding the last line means there's less room for payload (e.g. Frost Damage), but by doing a sort of 'regenerative braking' effect it gives you a short window of opportunity to cast it twice in succession.  The more powerful variants have a very slow duty-cycle while your magic recharges.

RemotePurify
100 points Damage Health on target
100 points Fire Damage on target
100 points Shock Damage on target
100 points Drain Health on target
Soul Trap for 3 seconds on target

There's also this one, which is great fun but can only be run in cheat mode owing to the power consumption:

Apocalypse Now
100 points Absorb Health on touch, 100ft radius
100 points Shock Damage on target, 100ft radius
Soul Trap for 6 seconds on target, 100ft radius
100 points Damage Health on target, 100ft radius
100 points Fire Damage on target, 100ft radius
100 points Frost Damage on target, 100ft radius
100 points Light for 3 seconds on target, 100ft radius
100 points Drain Health on target, 100ft radius

...the 'light' spell is purely cosmetic of course but gives a rather cool afterglow even if it didn't give the flash of atomic light I was aiming for.
'Absorb Health' can only be cast on touch, not as a targeted spell.

llearch n'n'daCorna

100ft radius?

I'd like to see what that does in a crowded room. *snicker*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 15, 2009, 03:15:10 PM
I'd like to see what that does in a crowded room. *snicker*

Someday I'll try and arrange that.  In the meantime I had hours of fun casting it in the Blackwood Company HQ (everyone inside was invulnerable at that point).  Bodies slamming into the walls, to say nothing of the mess it made.  Books, jars and everything flying through the air.  It's on my 'to film' list.
For some reason they still hired me afterwards.