8/08/09 [DMFA #1028] - Darkness

Started by Caswin, August 08, 2009, 12:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caswin

Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

JackTheCubiWolf

Wow. I did not see that coming. I'm going to go through the archive and see if any of the shadows at the meeting look like him. (I have no clue on how to spell his name)
I'm back, and tired.

Naldru

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on August 08, 2009, 12:26:39 AM
Wow. I did not see that coming. I'm going to go through the archive and see if any of the shadows at the meeting look like him. (I have no clue on how to spell his name)
Look at reply 40
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Lego3400

The shadow matches up with the Fae we saw. I think he's also quoting himself here..

Garsemor

Her's a fun fact. If the council is devides on almost everithing, as it seems, why does it still exist?

insidexml

Quote from: Garsemor on August 08, 2009, 01:07:10 AM
Her's a fun fact. If the council is devides on almost everithing, as it seems, why does it still exist?

Because the council was divided over whether or not they should disband the council. :U
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

Fex

they are not the brightest bulbs in the box.

techmaster-glitch

OminousShadow

How can you say that when it's obvious they don't even like bulbs.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Jairus

Well, that should end the debate once and for all. Albanion is on the council, and is arguably one of Jy's "allies." From the standpoint of how far one can consider a Fae to be an ally, and as far as Jy fits into Mab's plan and Albanion's place in it.

Really, if the Council was going to be smart about this, they would want to get Jyrras on their side. I mean, I know I'm quoting something I've written down/borrowed here, and it doesn't fit perfectly, but "better the monster you have leashed than the one you don't:" Jyrras is more dangerous as their enemy, and if he was an ally then they really would have nothing to fear from him. Well, at least not too much. Also, you'd think that any smart group would know to keep things lit nice and brightly to prevent them breaking their toes or smashing their knees into things while stumbling about in the dark.

Currently, the council's indecisiveness seems to be on Jy's side: so long as they can't agree on any course to take regarding him, he's more or less safe from the council. Outside of one of them acting on their own, of course. And if Jyrras demonstrated himself to be dangerous/useful, that could be the thing that gets them to decide on a course of action... I take it back. Jy's in BIG trouble right now, and is basically balanced on a fence that he barely knows exists. This is getting really good...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

OminousShadow

Albanion isn't one I'd want as a ally. He is the sole reason there is a Restraining Order on the Entire Fae Race by Girl Scouts.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Jairus

Quote from: OminousShadow on August 08, 2009, 02:13:09 AM
Albanion isn't one I'd want as a ally. He is the sole reason there is a Restraining Order on the Entire Fae Race by Girl Scouts.
Personally, I'd rather be on his side than the opposite side. I mean, that would be almost impossible (given his hair trigger berserk button, though in at least one case this was probably just him waiting for the ideal moment to curse Jy in such a way that everyone would write it off as just Albanion doing his thing again), and the fact that he is a Fae right off the bat makes him dangerous, but at the end of the day, I'd feel safer knowing that I was in his graces rather than outside of them.

tiggertoo

Remember also for many creatures being strong, dangerous, and/or deadly are all considered positive, admirable qualities that would make Jyrras worthy in their eyes. If he's weak, he's not really worthy of notice. Either way, creatures with this outlook wouldn't really understand what all the fuss was about.

Zedd

Ahh Al I see your you should invest those power saving lightbulbs,your house bill will thank you :3

Jairus

Quote from: Zedd on August 08, 2009, 04:12:10 AM
Ahh Al I see your you should invest those power saving lightbulbs,your house bill will thank you :3
If they ever drag Jy there, the first thing he'll do is fit their evil inner sanctum with compact fluorescent bulbs or LED lighting, and then show them projections of how much energy and money they'll save over time. Then, he'll rebuild the heating and cooling systems so that the lair is always comfortable, and get the VCR up and running. Eventually, he'll get them hooked on video games and the convenience of the microwave, and at that point he refuses to program anything unless they submit to his control. And that's how Jyrras Gianni will take over the Creature Council and become the most powerful being in the world.

"Hey, mom! Guess what I did today!"

ooklah

He turns off a light bulb that he conquers up and it's dark for her as well. Does Mab have to allow him to affect her view of the world?  If that's the case, would that be considered rude, like stepping on peoples toes, causing your magic to affect someone else?
Or whatever magic is done just effects everyone, and they accept that? They are fae, I'm sure they could nullify each other...
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Jack McSlay

Yes he should be worried. After all, Jyrras' technology could potentially pierce the heavens
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Corgatha Taldorthar

You'd think with all their other powers, Fae would be able to see in the dark easily........
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Scarydragon

Who says they can't see in the dark? Just because you can realize that it's dark doesn't mean you can't see.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on August 08, 2009, 07:01:38 AM

You'd think with all their other powers, Fae would be able to see in the dark easily........

Don't forget the Roger Rabbit Defence. When Mab did it, it was funny.   :mowtongue

(Come to think of it, wouldn't this apply to a lot of things the Fae do?)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Denji

Anyone watch M*A*S*H? If so, then, do you remember the episode where Hawkeye was going nutso because it had been over a year and the only thing they had done was argue about the shape of the table that North Korea, South Korea, and the USA would sit at to make peace negotiations? And that they couldn't even do anything else on the list because they were arguing on what should be on the top of the list?

The whole lighting-thing kinda reminds me of that. |D

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Mrs. Williams wrote in RANT O' UPDATE on Saturday, August 8, 2009
Oh buffer. You mythical beast of legend. One day I hope to unlock your riddle and learn the secret myself.
The secret:

Either, have no life, which would keep interfering :dotdotdot

Or, have a wife, who would get all the important stuff done.   :nod

With regards,
Ted

rhyfe2002

I think this would be a much more appropriate time for Mab's antennae to "flame on" again. :D

Keleth

I'm still suprised some people only noticed the fact that he was on the council with today's strip.

I lawled hard.
Help! I'm gay!

Scow2

Quote from: Ted Schiller on August 08, 2009, 10:59:50 AM
Quote from: Mrs. Williams wrote in RANT O' UPDATE on Saturday, August 8, 2009
Oh buffer. You mythical beast of legend. One day I hope to unlock your riddle and learn the secret myself.
The secret:

Either, have no life, which would keep interfering :dotdotdot

Or, have a wife, who would get all the important stuff done.   :nod

With regards,
Ted

But... but... she is the wife.

Needs new plan!

LionHeart

Quote from: Jairus on August 08, 2009, 02:07:10 AMAlso, you'd think that any smart group would know to keep things lit nice and brightly to prevent them breaking their toes or smashing their knees into things while stumbling about in the dark.

...Whoever said the Creature Council was a smart group?
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

inuhanyo

Albanion being on the Councils has been a confirmed fact since page 837.

And only one of the shadowy shapes on the Creature Council looked like a Fae.

Lucheek

Albanion being on the Creature Council was already confirmed before he showed up in the comic. Does anybody read the Demonology pages?

OminousShadow

They need to get some kind of creature that glows in the dark on the Creature Counsel. Lighting Problem Solved.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: OminousShadow on August 08, 2009, 01:56:56 PM
They need to get some kind of creature that glows in the dark on the Creature Counsel. Lighting Problem Solved.
They did. She didn't like that :P