Prototype: I want to devour all that I see

Started by Tipod, July 24, 2009, 02:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tipod

Prototype, from the fine gents who gave us Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Basic gist: main character gets infected with virus, starts developing crazy mutant powers, has to find out who's responsible for it all, et cetera and so on. The story's not the big draw here. What is the big draw is stuff like this. Prototype is all about being a one-man army and taking on the entire US military (and winning each time). It's like... to describe it in terms most people here could easily understand, you're basically playing a combination incubus-demon. You're tough, your body forms weapons/extensions, you shapeshift, and you eat people and absorb their memories.

If you can play any sandbox action game this year on your PC/PS3/360, make it this. Totally worth getting.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Teroniss

I had alot of problems with the controls in this game. The button for Jumping also seems to do like 3 other things depending on the circcumstance, which can be vague at times.

RJ

I haven't gotten my hands on it yet due to my little brother hiding the controllers whenever he's out of the house... but I saw that huge flesh-lump of a boss and dang, that looks annoying.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Teroniss on July 24, 2009, 08:26:00 PM
I had alot of problems with the controls in this game. The button for Jumping also seems to do like 3 other things depending on the circcumstance, which can be vague at times.

Except in the upgrade menu, where it tells you specifically where a button does what, such as in the air, on the ground, during a jump.... and if you're not reading those instructions when you buy a power, you're a silly person.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tipod

Quote from: RJ on July 25, 2009, 07:53:50 AM
I haven't gotten my hands on it yet due to my little brother hiding the controllers whenever he's out of the house... but I saw that huge flesh-lump of a boss and dang, that looks annoying.

In terms of irritation, that boss is nothing compared to rocket infantry and tanks. They're literally the Goddamned Bats of this game since they knock you around so much, interrupting your hijacks and people-eating. If you ever play, get air recovery as soon as possible.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tipod on July 25, 2009, 11:55:17 AM
Quote from: RJ on July 25, 2009, 07:53:50 AM

In terms of irritation, that boss is nothing compared to rocket infantry and tanks. They're literally the Goddamned Bats of this game since they knock you around so much, interrupting your hijacks and people-eating. If you ever play, get air recovery as soon as possible.

whipfist ftw....  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tipod

Quote from: Turnsky on July 25, 2009, 12:24:01 PM
whipfist ftw....  >:3

Armor with musclemass, there is no cooler combination of powers in the game.