Jyrras's Sisters and Seth

Started by MT Hazard, July 17, 2009, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Thinking about building an article on the currently undocumented members of the Gianna family on the DMFA wiki. I would apreciate any info people have gleaned from the comic or forum about the sisters and Seth.

Particular info I'm looking for includes

* Which name goes with which sister
* I know one sister is blind and another cares for her but not which ones.
* Ages 

Thanks!
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Jairus

I believe Amber said that Seth was an engineer when I asked her. Aside from that, I've got nothing else. Sorry.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

OminousShadow

From what I can tell by looking at one of the earlier strips, I'd say this sister with orange hair in pigtales is the blind one. Mainly because she is the one that isn't having her line of site focused on anything at all.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Tapewolf

Assuming this isn't supposed to be kept secret, and that Amber hasn't changed her mind since, I believe these are the sisters:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/Jysisters.png

(See also: strip 331 for the shot in colour)

In case I've goofed in my transcription, this is the original:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/Jysisters-original.png (500k!)
...please let me know if I have got it wrong.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 17, 2009, 08:20:19 PM
Assuming this isn't supposed to be kept secret, and that Amber hasn't changed her mind since, I believe these are the sisters:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/Jysisters-original.png (500k!)

You got two of the sisters mixed up. :3
(bwa ha ha! Foolish man! Thinking original notes actually remained accurate!)

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 17, 2009, 08:43:16 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on July 17, 2009, 08:20:19 PM

You got two of the sisters mixed up. :3
To be perfectly fair, Miss Amber, that's not Tape's fault, now is it? :mowtongue I can't imagine who's fault it is.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Amber Williams

It's obviously Tape's fault. He didn't pay the extra for accurate up to date information when he won that auction. No doubt had he, this wouldnt have happened. :U

Kenji

It's hard to blame him, though. Being that he's European, he has a natural +5 to his Diplomacy.

MT Hazard

The skeleton of the article is up

http://dmfa.wikia.com/wiki/Jyrras%27s_Sisters

feel free to do some drive by improving.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 17, 2009, 08:43:16 PM

Ha!  I had foreseen this!  Second clause in the end-user license disclaimer  :P

Now.  In strip 347, Nell seems to be named as the one on the far right.  If it really is just the two sisters swapped over, that would mean:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/Jysisters2.png

Is that correct?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Gabi

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 17, 2009, 07:43:03 PM
I could be wrong, but judging by the image, the blind one seems to be Merrilee. She's the only one whose gaze seems lost, and she's playing with Jyrras's tail but not looking at it.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Amber Williams

Nope.

I like this game. :3

Admittedly since part of the whole point of Jyrras' sisters was that over time I was going to release bits of information over who is who in order to let the readers try to piece it together...I admit I am a little bit sad Tapewolf decided to use the cheat-sheet route.

But I suppose that is how things go. Them the breaks and whatnot.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 18, 2009, 10:57:52 AM
Admittedly since part of the whole point of Jyrras' sisters was that over time I was going to release bits of information over who is who in order to let the readers try to piece it together...I admit I am a little bit sad Tapewolf decided to use the cheat-sheet route.

You should have said earlier.  I was expecting the image to have been edited away if it was a problem.  And heck, I can still do that if you want.

Amber Williams

Nah. Its the internets. Once its been on, it can never truly be removed away.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Gabi on July 18, 2009, 10:46:34 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on July 17, 2009, 07:43:03 PM
I could be wrong, but judging by the image, the blind one seems to be Merrilee. She's the only one whose gaze seems lost, and she's playing with Jyrras's tail but not looking at it.

I thought it was Kimi (the one in the red dress with orange hair)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 18, 2009, 10:26:48 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 18, 2009, 10:21:32 AM
... You expect an answer? ;-]
You don't ask, you don't get...

Point. On the other hand, I did wonder about Amber's game in not actually coming out and telling everyone straight up. If it was me with the image, I'd be deliberately leading people astray...

*cough*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

JackTheCubiWolf

I would agree with Kimi being the blind one if she wasn't playing with Jy's glasses. She would have to see his face to get his glasses and not mark them up.
I'm back, and tired.

MT Hazard

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on July 18, 2009, 04:36:49 PM
I would agree with Kimi being the blind one if she wasn't playing with Jy's glasses. She would have to see his face to get his glasses and not mark them up.

There a good change the sisters know he doesn't need the glasses and has replacements, we do they stole them when they left. Also blind people can do more than we think.

Wanderer

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 18, 2009, 10:57:52 AM
part of the whole point of Jyrras' sisters was that over time I was going to release bits of information over who is who in order to let the readers try to piece it together...
How long a time? It's been years since we first saw them.

Judging from the last panel of page 611 Ellen is either the brown one with short red hair (the non-curly-haired one), or the yellow one with black hair. I suspect that the blind one is actually the darkish-brown one with the beige-ish colored hair, given strip 351. The comment "he does? I want to feel them!" definitely seems fitting for a blind girl to say, and that sister's motions seem to match up with that sentiment.

I remember I used to have more theories and conclusions about them, but that was ages and ages ago. It's been far too long to try to remember stuff I didn't write down.

Now, my favorite is the black one with red highlights in her hair. I'd kind of like to at least get her name down right, but I suspect Amber isn't going to find that a compelling enough reason to just hand the information out.

ishidan

One is blind?  My vote is also for the one with the orange pigtails.
In most shots her eyes are closed, and in Strip 338, she's the only one whose gaze is unfocused.  One eye closed, one eye wide open but not pointed at anything.

Kasarn

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 18, 2009, 11:06:46 AM
Nah. Its the internets. Once its been on, it can never truly be removed away.

So true...
*pulls out million year old quotes*
Nell is the blind one (http://nice.llearch.net/dmfa_forum0319.htm#ref59); she's also the one playing with Jy's glasses in the group pic (http://nice.llearch.net/dmfa_forum0289.htm#ref30).

Mystery solved?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kasarn on July 19, 2009, 01:02:30 AM
Mystery solved?

We don't know when Amber changed her mind.  The way I see it, those quotes conflict with strip 347.  Jyrras lists three people, and these three people are apparently shown in the right-hand panel.  On the other hand if Nell is the blind one, the sister who cares for her might be better placed for the ironic comedy that didn't happen.

stiletto

What I'm wondering in all of this is, is where Tapewolf got the original of the sisters wallpaper, since that was my old bonus auction prize that Amber never got around to sending me  :U

Wanderer

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 19, 2009, 05:19:12 AM
Quote from: Kasarn on July 19, 2009, 01:02:30 AM
Mystery solved?

We don't know when Amber changed her mind.  The way I see it, those quotes conflict with strip 347.  Jyrras lists three people, and these three people are apparently shown in the right-hand panel.
...I never came to that conclusion. I get what you're saying, but it hardly seems a certainty. Particularly given those quotes. Not to mention that comic was far too close to the original introduction of the sisters for Amber to be changing her mind about who was who already.

Tapewolf

Quote from: stiletto on July 19, 2009, 07:49:55 AM
What I'm wondering in all of this is, is where Tapewolf got the original of the sisters wallpaper, since that was my old bonus auction prize that Amber never got around to sending me  :U

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but the scan is page 331 of 'Discord, Disarray and Bubblegum'.

Lucheek

We could totally turn this into one of those logic puzzles where you need to make a graph. With clues like this.

"Merilee, Nell, and Ellen did not break the vase."
"The sister who broke the vase is not blind."
"The blind sister is not Kimi."