7/21/09 [DMFA 1021] Lost on a Beach, not so bad...

Started by Lisky, July 18, 2009, 12:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenji

Quote from: Don on July 18, 2009, 03:47:57 PM
Possibly on an unspecified deserted island somwhere in the vast realm of Furre.. The question must be asked. Where in the world is Wildy, San Diego?

:paranoid

JackTheCubiWolf

I'm back, and tired.

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Kenji on July 18, 2009, 04:25:49 PM
Possibly on an unspecified deserted island somwhere in the vast realm of Furre.. The question must be asked. Where in the world is Wildy, San Diego?

Oh come on, that was hilarious, or are you just doing that cause you thought something similar?

Quote from: Turnsky on July 18, 2009, 02:03:50 AM
i'm mildly surprised that Wildy didn't put up a hell of a fight.

I'm wagering they were surprise nommages, and the only reason Jy didn't get the digest-o-port treatment is cause he witnessed Fi snarfing down our ferrety friend.

Jer-oh-me

Gagh, double post...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on July 18, 2009, 04:51:36 PM
I'm wagering they were surprise nommages, and the only reason Jy didn't get the digest-o-port treatment is cause he witnessed Fi snarfing down our ferrety friend.

The edit button is your friend...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

hapless

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on July 18, 2009, 04:49:09 PM

Oh come on, that was hilarious, or are you just doing that cause you thought something similar?
Have you noticed the small "adjustment" to the quote that Kenji made?

//h
Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: hapless on July 18, 2009, 04:54:59 PM

//h

No I hadn't noticed... Durrr.......

Don

Thank you oh so much for catching the referance and finishing the idea Kenji. My day has now been made slightly better. :3

Alondro

*Charline is only partly pleased, as the eaten survived*  Fi ain't no Paragator.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Wanderer

There seems to be a logical disconnect here. Fi should have ended up looking something like what he would have been had Abel actually dropped him in the blender. The only possible answer is that Fi attacked her from behind and swallowed her in one gulp before she could even realize what was going on.

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 18, 2009, 02:15:19 PM
He threw up something once, but he wasn't sure if it was toxic...

...Wait a minute, I forgot about that. How did he get an upset stomach, given the info in this strip?

thegayhare

Wildy stay out of the jungle...  there are polar bears in there as well as a giant monster made out of smoke... It's weird and scary

Quote from: Wanderer on July 18, 2009, 06:48:28 PM
There seems to be a logical disconnect here. Fi should have ended up looking something like what he would have been had Abel actually dropped him in the blender. The only possible answer is that Fi attacked her from behind and swallowed her in one gulp before she could even realize what was going on.

She could have been sleeping, or passed out drunk, or any number of reasons why she didn't fight back... given the fact that she seems to have no Idea how she got there and what she's mentioned I'd geuss drunk

Wanderer

Oh... I just noticed something. AMBER, you may want to know that the "prvious comic" button on the front page actually links to TWO comics ago, rather than the correct one.

QuoteShe could have been sleeping, or passed out drunk, or any number of reasons why she didn't fight back... given the fact that she seems to have no Idea how she got there and what she's mentioned I'd geuss drunk
...Za? What are you talking about? She wasn't even drinking at all just a few strips ago when we last saw her, let alone enough to actually get drunk. And sleeping? When Abel's actually telling them information she could find useful? Not bloody likely.

Madmann135

Quote from: Wanderer on July 18, 2009, 06:48:28 PM

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 18, 2009, 02:15:19 PM
He threw up something once, but he wasn't sure if it was toxic...

...Wait a minute, I forgot about that. How did he get an upset stomach, given the info in this strip?

It had to be a fast sneak attack for she would not have the time to be sleeping.
And for the vomiting warp aci... He DID get drunk and puke stuff up which begs the question was he actually drunk (metabolized the alcohol) or subconsciously faking it?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

thegayhare

Quote from: Wanderer on July 18, 2009, 07:22:32 PM

...Za? What are you talking about? She wasn't even drinking at all just a few strips ago when we last saw her, let alone enough to actually get drunk. And sleeping? When Abel's actually telling them information she could find useful? Not bloody likely.

Yes but first off she was hanging about while dan was getting makeuped then abel took off to sharpie Fi then dragging Fi back, and the time he took to run off and make visual aides there is a lot of time not acounted for I highly doubt Wildy would just sit there,  and since she in a tavern well and access to drink is a good way to pass the time

Malakin

lol, when I saw this comic I could just imagine wildy taking the place of that hunter dude from the first jurasic park when he gets eaten by the raptors.

Wildy: "Clever Girl..."

FI: "NOM nomnomnom"
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

kaskar

8)  Of course, we have to take in the fact that Fi has  now relieved the problem of Wildy goading Dan ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Teroniss

Hmm, Warp Aci teleport what they swallow to a random location unless specified. Interesting.......

*Takes notes in case he needs to 'dispose' of some unmentionables....*  :paranoid

Akisohida

People can sneak up on Wildy? Her Listen and Spot checks must be /horrible/! Sorry. :P
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

senrath

Quote from: Akisohida on July 18, 2009, 11:16:44 PM
People can sneak up on Wildy? Her Listen and Spot checks must be /horrible/! Sorry. :P
Not necessarily.  Listen and Spot are opposed checks in this instance, so it just means that Fi had to roll better on his Move Silently and Hide checks than Wildy did on her Listen and Spot checks.  Fi could've rolled really high, and Wildy could've rolled really low.

JackTheCubiWolf

This isn't Order of the Stick people. The don't fight with dice and stuff.
I'm back, and tired.

ishidan

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on July 18, 2009, 04:58:39 PM

//h

For your next challenge, a DMFA version of the entire intro.
Sing along!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdzyuJJZMCI
(clarification-link goes to the original Carmen, I want to see you DMFA-ize it)

senrath

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on July 18, 2009, 11:52:40 PM
This isn't Order of the Stick people. The don't fight with dice and stuff.
We know that.  But considering how often Amber talks about DnD, it seems a bit fitting to refer to things in comic in that manner once in a while.

Madd the Sane

Amber seems to use them more as a joke than an actual mechanic.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Kenji

Quote from: ishidan on July 18, 2009, 11:59:37 PM

//h

Sing along!

Don't tempt me. I've made worse parodies of many forumites.

ishidan

Quote from: Kenji on July 19, 2009, 12:48:50 AM
Quote from: ishidan on July 18, 2009, 11:59:37 PM

//h

Sing along!

Don't tempt me. I've made worse parodies of many forumites.
*pokes you*
tempt, tempt!

Corgatha Taldorthar

*yanks moribund conversation back to a topic that interests him* (It's not quite 2 weeks, right?)

If Warp-Aci don't digest what they eat, how did Fi get drunk out of Biggs's minibar? I mean, that alcohol should have just teleported somewhere, right?  I suppose he might vomit up some sort of toxicf stuff on an unrelated note, but how did the drunkenness occur?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Kirishala

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on July 28, 2009, 09:18:26 AMIf Warp-Aci don't digest what they eat, how did Fi get drunk out of Biggs's minibar? I mean, that alcohol should have just teleported somewhere, right?  I suppose he might vomit up some sort of toxicf stuff on an unrelated note, but how did the drunkenness occur?
Magic.

Caswin

I thought this was one of the funniest strips in a while.

My foreshadowing senses are tingling.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.