8/02/09 [DMFA #1026] - Say the magic words

Started by Tyranastrasz, August 01, 2009, 11:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netrogo

Given Jy's generally logical approach to things she COULD just tell him the truth. I mean hell Dan practically told Jy the exact thing anyways. That having the 'bangles' pretty much made you foe-less, because nobody in the supernatural side of the world will screw with you if you have them. All she'd have to do is tell him "Well Jy I got Albanion to curse you because I knew that none of the magical jerks would mess with you so long as you were fae cursed."

Then again given his more emotional reactions lately he might just flip out, spaz, or generally go nuts if she told him.

Enh.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Angel

Hallelujah for being able to read upside down. And of course, that is one cute little Fae baby. :3

I wonder what would happen if Mab didn't grant the request, though....
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Shachza

Quote from: Gabi on August 02, 2009, 08:49:18 AM
And Pip sleeping is cool. Just... where is Pip sleeping?

It's the back of a chair.  Got the doily thing on it and everything.  It's also a recliner, so Pip better hope the handle doesn't slip.

I should know, I'm an expert!
            <-- #1 that is!

bradley535

I don't think that Mab is protecting Jyras as much as she is protecting the rest of Furrae. Look back at when He and Kria got into it.

Kria : "Say I want to snap your neck just now? Can you stop me from doing it?"

The thing is, Jyras could. He has "Farming equipment." It's just that stopping a demon means using it. Using it means killing, and Jyras doesn't want that...

One day a creature will hurt Jyras, probably by hurting someone Jyras loves. When that day comes destruction will follow. Even then, Jyras will probably mean well when he introduces his technology to the general populous of beings. He will want them to be able to defend themselves. But suddenly, a once frightened and bullied race will have the means to exact revenge...

I just hope that it doesn't happen too soon. I like the innocence that this story portrays so far.

Jyoumon

Far as i can tell from the whole story line, Jyras Befriended Mab, Mab gave Jyras a boon, that boon being anything he asked for, well he asked for his friends to be happy, Mab didnt understand that the Fae curse was making HIM Unhappy.

THIS is where the Boon comes in that shi REMEMBERS the boon XD, Cue flaming antenna, at this point shi has to take back the curse because all she wants(IMO) is for jyras to be happy.

and the "head of a pin" thing is just a say i think, like "in a bottle" or "On a silver platter".

Or it could stand for an ulterior motive as to the Boon having certain consequences later on.

and .... DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, FAEBABY!!!!! XD

Forycles

I thought for a few seconds "Why doesn't Mab just curse him?"

Then I realized she would never do that!

Then Jyrra would hate her. So I wonder if anyone can possibly sacrifice their friendship for their friend's help.

Lego3400

I just noticed something. The baby looks like a combo of both it's parents. And what little we saw of Mab's parents, she looked like them.  Yet Mab's daughter (rose) looks nothing like her (She's a Human Fae) . I was it also surprised me that the baby didn't look at all like the soul's previous owner.

techmaster-glitch

That's because Mab didn't choose to have Rose. Rose just randomly "popped" from Mab's coffe (or tea, I can' remember which...)

rhyfe2002

Nutmeg as a mother feels kind of ... wrong. Also, in that first panel I get the vibe that she wants to eat her little baby up.  :B Still cute though.

Question: Can Fae be killed by other means than .. well, getting tired of living?

MT Hazard

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on August 02, 2009, 03:00:32 PM
Question: Can Fae be killed by other means than .. well, getting tired of living?

Well that and Chuck Norris.....

I don't think they'd tell anyone even if there was one.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Reese Tora

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on August 02, 2009, 03:00:32 PM

Well, DP seemed to want to sacrifice one to bring back his dark gods(or whatever) so it could be assumed that he thought he knew how to do something of the sort.

Or maybe he had no idea and just thought he could do so.

Or maybe he wasn't really trying to do what he had everyone thinking he was trying to do...
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

tikitori

Quote from: Reese Tora on August 02, 2009, 03:17:42 PM

Well, DP seemed to want to sacrifice one to bring back his dark gods(or whatever) so it could be assumed that he thought he knew how to do something of the sort.

Or maybe he had no idea and just thought he could do so.

Or maybe he wasn't really trying to do what he had everyone thinking he was trying to do...

It would not surprise me if Mab was just "playing along". She was having too much fun with that gummi bear song to be in too much distress.  :U

MT Hazard

Just reread the page quote

"That little boy looks like he's full of blood"

If that from anything in particular of is Amber just feeling particularly macabre? 
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Cogidubnus

Quote from: MT Hazard on August 02, 2009, 05:59:47 PM
Just reread the page quote

"That little boy looks like he's full of blood"

If that from anything in particular of is Amber just feeling particularly macabre? 

I believe that's Dr. Tran and the Toy Cack right there.

"There's blood on the windshield, Leeland! Leeland loves his blood on the windshield."

Scarydragon

I'm surprised that no one else has coined the term 'Faeby' yet. :3

Also, maybe Mab is getting the curse revoked because she realizes just how unhappy Jyrras is with it. The way he worded his feelings prolly brought up the memory of the Fae fairy tale, and Mab just couldn't follow through with her plans, knowing that Jyrras was so upset by his 'condition'.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Caswin

Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Rakala

Grrk, rrg, arrg! That cuteness will never be topped. It can only go downhill from here.  :redrum

Arapaima

This is the point in time where the irrational dislike of children comes in handy.
Someone will remember you, sometime.
Just try and sleep with the music on, all the time.
Well I'm sorry kid, tonight you sleep outside.

Rafe

Irrational dislike of children?
I'd say, given that Fae are dangerously impulsive, self-centered, and capricious to the point of mental instability AS ADULTS, their children could be ... unlikeable to say the least.  Cute, yes; but I'll bet rational people could definitely dislike them.

Cuteness and horror - that's what I absolutely love about DMFA.  Thank you Amber.
Rafe

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Naldru on August 03, 2009, 06:50:04 AM
Quote from: Arapaima on August 02, 2009, 10:36:47 PM
This is the point in time where the irrational dislike of children comes in handy.
The Squire of Gothos would seem to be an example of what could happen.

That guy was the predecessor to my all time favorite character of the Star Trek Franchise, Q. :mwaha

Icon by Sunblink

LionHeart

I remember reading a novel that suggested that Trelane actually was a young member of the Q...

EDIT: Yep, there it is, at the bottom of the page. Q-Squared
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity