Red Faction: Guerrilla PC Release Date Up!

Started by Arcalane, July 13, 2009, 07:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcalane

'bout goddamn time if you ask me.

http://community.redfaction.com/content/rfg-pc-release-date-specs

QuoteWe know that a lot of our fans have been extremely patient and waiting on the PC version of Red Faction Guerrilla and that an official date hadn't been set in stone. Today that changes, as we've locked down our release dates, which you can see below.

North America: September 15th
International: September 11th

We're still finalizing the digital distribution partners for each region, and once that is all written out, I'll be sure to pass along that information as well. In addition to the release dates, below are the minimum and recommended specifications to run RFG PC:

Recommended:

* CPU: 3.2 GHz Dual-Core Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2)
    * Memory: 2 GB RAM / 15 GB of Hard Drive space
    * Video Card: 256 MB 3D Video Card w/Shader Model 3.0 Support (Nvidia GeForce 8800/ATI Radeon HD3850)

Note: If you're going to play Multiplayer on Games For Windows Live, we highly encourage each individual to be running a "Recommended" spec computer or higher.

Minimum:

* CPU: 2.0 GHz Dual-Core Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2)
    * Memory: 1 GB RAM / 15 GB of Hard Drive space
    * Video Card: 128 MB 3D Video Card w/Shader Model 3.0 Support (Nvidia GeForce 7600/ATI Radeon X1300)

We hope all of you are looking forward to RFG on PC in a few months, and I'll have some screenshots for you later in the week, so be sure to check back on the front page soon.

Malakin

Nice, might finally get to play the game...

I have not been following this one closely, whats the reason for the delay?
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

bill

If it's by the same guys who did the Saints Row 2 port, it's not going to end well.

Arcalane

It's not, and they claim they want it to be worth the wait, the price, and generally actually worthy of being a game and not a quick hackjob of a port.

I would not venture onto the forums if you treasure your sanity, however. 'tis a hive of scum, villainy and stupidity. I stick to the RF:G PC thread as much as possible to avoid the idiots.

bill