10/07/09 [PF #71] - Yay! More awkward!

Started by Jairus, July 10, 2009, 05:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Oh, Dorcan, there you go making friends everywhere you go! Also, I sense a class three backstory storm approaching on the horizon. Or at the very least more awkwardness.

EDIT: Doesn't Ren get back in nine days, not seven days?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on July 10, 2009, 05:53:30 PM
EDIT: Doesn't Ren get back in nine days, not seven days?
I thought it was the 18th.  Turns out it's the 19th, but it all depends.  If he does manage to draw the next page, and if he doesn't then leave the sketchbook at the Village like last time, it might be worth stalling until Monday.  That's my reasoning, anyhow.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Jairus

Madmann135

Quote from: Jairus on July 10, 2009, 06:15:47 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on July 10, 2009, 06:09:47 PM
hehehehehe...The Village. :3
He is Number Six. Are you Number One?

There is no real number one, just a bunch of stand ins who say they are number one.  ...guess that makes me #199...

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Zedd

Quote from: Jairus on July 10, 2009, 06:15:47 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on July 10, 2009, 06:09:47 PM
hehehehehe...The Village. :3
He is Number Six. Are you Number One?
*insert a loud howling of screaming over a M. Night Shamwow movie*

Tapewolf

Oh, Dorcan, there you go making friends everywhere you go! Also, I sense a class three backstory storm approaching on the horizon. Or at the very least more awkwardness.

It's just a premonition for now.  We get a few hints... the most significant chunk of backstory where he's concerned (in the immediate future) will be done by a guest artist for an upcoming chapter.

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 10, 2009, 08:02:33 PM

It's just a premonition for now.  We get a few hints... the most significant chunk of backstory where he's concerned (in the immediate future) will be done by a guest artist for an upcoming chapter.

I do pray hope things look up to you during all this process,for now I wonder why wonder pup boy is pulling off wanting to choke our fabulous huskie boy

Jairus

Quote from: Zedd on July 10, 2009, 08:08:42 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on July 10, 2009, 08:02:33 PM

I do pray hope things look up to you during all this process,for now I wonder why wonder pup boy is pulling off wanting to choke our fabulous huskie boy
Maybe he hates Joshy boy for wearing a purple jacket.

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Jairus on July 10, 2009, 08:13:01 PM

Heaven help him if he meets Lord Daryil  >:3

Madmann135

Quote from: wuffnpuff on July 10, 2009, 09:27:00 PM

Heaven help him if he meets Lord Daryil  >:3

He already did, though at the time Daryil was contrubiting to the gratuitous fan service this comic portrays.

Though one thing comes to my mind when I see those two about to duke it out... Sibling Rivalry... They both are androids and they both were made by the same technique in the same facility.  So in a way they are both brothers.

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Madmann135 on July 12, 2009, 01:57:34 PM
Quote from: wuffnpuff on July 10, 2009, 09:27:00 PM

Heaven help him if he meets Lord Daryil  >:3

He already did, though at the time Daryil was contrubiting to the gratuitous fan service this comic portrays.

Though one thing comes to my mind when I see those two about to duke it out... Sibling Rivalry... They both are androids and they both were made by the same technique in the same facility.  So in a way they are both brothers.

Oh! Right you are! Hehe.. but he is without a purple shirt  :<  Perhaps a purple leotard would work better...  >:3 *hint* *hint* (more fanservice! XD just kidding..  :3)

.. and I didn't think of it that way.. about them being brothers. Jakob is creating more children without really intending to!  D:

Madmann135

Quote from: wuffnpuff on July 12, 2009, 11:05:07 PM
Quote from: Madmann135 on July 12, 2009, 01:57:34 PM

Oh! Right you are! Hehe.. but he is without a purple shirt  :<  Perhaps a purple leotard would work better...  >:3 *hint* *hint* (more fanservice! XD just kidding..  :3)

.. and I didn't think of it that way.. about them being brothers. Jakob is creating more children without really intending to!  D:

That's what happens when you make android bodies, you accidentally (and some could say literally) build life, be it artificial life.
... and then you come across the concept of extended android families.  It would be even worse if they were mass produced
Imagine having over 2000 brothers and sisters around the world.  The family reunion would be ...quite different.

Jairus

Quote from: Madmann135 on July 13, 2009, 02:04:08 AM
Imagine having over 2000 brothers and sisters around the world.  The family reunion would be ...quite different.
Worse: what if they were your great-grandmother?

1000 great-grandmothers: "Oh goodness us how much you've grown! Come over here and let us pinch those cheeks of yours!"

Okay, yeah, stupid sleep-deprived idea. Sorry.

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Jairus on July 13, 2009, 02:41:54 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on July 13, 2009, 02:04:08 AM
Worse: what if they were your great-grandmother?

1000 great-grandmothers: "Oh goodness us how much you've grown! Come over here and let us pinch those cheeks of yours!"

Okay, yeah, stupid sleep-deprived idea. Sorry.

Hilariously... terrifying XD

llearch n'n'daCorna

Eeek.

Jubblies, you evil evil sod. ;-]

That's just horrible. Not least because only half of them would be grandmothers. The other half would be the great grandfathers.

"You young whippersnappers get off my lawn!"
"Back in my day... we wore an onion, which was the style of the time..."
"Has anyone seen my shirt?"

... not to mention the obscenities...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Think 'cubi clan reunions.  Though Daryil clan gatherings are somewhat more Anthrocon-like.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. Full of fruits and nuts? ;-]

Or full of people trying to get along, despite every one of them being fed up to the back teeth with Daryil's antics?

... Actually, on second thoughts, there's no reason both can't be true...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Your clan meetings sound safer than mine

Madmann135

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 13, 2009, 05:50:37 AM
Eeek.

That's just horrible. Not least because only half of them would be grandmothers. The other half would be the great grandfathers.

I think for androids and the lot it would probably go something like...

"Back in my day we didn't have all this fancy technology, we didn't have fancy internal fusion reactors, were steam powered, it was all we had and we liked it."

Jairus

Quote from: Madmann135 on July 14, 2009, 12:46:44 AM
Eeek.

"Back in my day we didn't have all this fancy technology, we didn't have fancy internal fusion reactors, were steam powered, it was all we had and we liked it."
"Steam-powered? Heh, what we wouldn't have given for steam! When I was a young 'un, I had to chop wood every morning to run my furnace. Out there with an axe in the cold snowy wasteland... now that was proper hard work! None of this fancy pantsy fusion stuff!"

Alternatively, they could make a reference to AA batteries...

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2009, 01:31:25 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on July 14, 2009, 12:46:44 AM
Eeek.

"Steam-powered? Heh, what we wouldn't have given for steam! When I was a young 'un, I had to chop wood every morning to run my furnace. Out there with an axe in the cold snowy wasteland... now that was proper hard work! None of this fancy pantsy fusion stuff!"

"Oh, wood! What we woulda given for wood! When my 6 brother and I were yound, our dada used to tie us up by the ankles and dangle us ovre a cliff, chipping rock off the cliffface for something to burn! You toffs and you wood!"

Jairus

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on July 14, 2009, 07:00:31 AM
"Oh, wood! What we woulda given for wood! When my 6 brother and I were yound, our dada used to tie us up by the ankles and dangle us ovre a cliff, chipping rock off the cliffface for something to burn! You toffs and you wood!"
"Something to burn? Eh, you all are a bunch of pansies! We were powered by the movement of glaciers! I don't even know how that works, but we were!"

Madmann135

Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2009, 10:30:21 AM
to burn? Eh, you all are a bunch of pansies! We were powered by the movement of glaciers! I don't even know how that works, but we were!"

Wouldn't that somehow qualify you for cold fusion?  :P

"...What's with you kids and all these fancy upgrades?  Back in my day the most popular upgrade was from a stone chassis to a steel chassis"  
[Brought to you by insomnia, yes insomnia the reason why Scientist are so imaginative]

One could say this is a meeting of the prototype and the model 2.

Tapewolf

Just as a reminder, I'm holding out until Ren gets back (Sunday?) before deciding whether to run the Questions strip or wait a day for a real update.

EDIT:

Ren is back, but the lineart is still in pencil form.  It should be inked tomorrow, so we are most likely looking at a Sunday/Monday update.