Dead Frontier: Oubreak (IC) [Horror/Zombie/Survival MA15+] (open)

Started by Lisky, June 30, 2009, 06:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

David Adams was on call and stationed at a local supermarket, SWAT had been called to prevent looting as the inner city had started to decay into total chaos in the past few weeks, roving bands of civilians were committing unspeakable acts upon their fellow citizens, going as far as desecrating a dead body beyond recognition, and in some cases, there were even signs of cannibalism.  Worse, the madness seemed infectious.

The SWAT sharpshooter had started to doze off, as the team on the ground had everything under control, he was woken in the earliest signs of morning as an unmarked, military special forces style Black Hawk whipped overhead.  It was heading towards the docks district.

Mr. Ayers was busy in his own personal machine shop, tinkering with one of his inventions.  The 'rioters' had completely passed his little workshop up, and seemed rather uninterested due to the completely lack of noise coming from the soundproofed building.  John continued his working... attached the tank, pulled the discharge handle and *fwoosh* a jet of flame exploded from the shiny alloy nozzle.  Checking the distance, the home made weapon had a rather impressive range of a little under 45 feet... nearly the entire length of his makeshift lab. 

The weapon test was a complete success, a 21st century adaptation to the old WWII style flamethrower... only this new one was leaner, meaner, and could actually burn through tanks if the crews were careless enough to get into range.

A national guard unit rumbled by a few minutes later, one of them knocked on the heavy metal door.  The sound reverberated through the lab.  The large man was standing square with the frame, a Husky stood a few feet behind him in full battle fatigues, the assault rifle in his hands was currently at rest, but the white and gray furred canine looked as if he could snap it up at a moments notice.

Rebecca had had another restless night's sleep, her husband had been missing for almost a week, and the city seemed to be falling further into chaos by the day.  As the faint rays of morning light caught her eyes, her cellphone beeped, alerting her that she was needed at the hospital... it was looking like today was going to be a very, very long day...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Sprocketsdance

"Ahhh freakin a..... " Rebecca grumbled at her phone, everything but her toes still hidden in the covers. After giving herself a minute to relish the last remnants of comfort she'd feel for the day she threw off the covers. She stepped into her slippers and did her morning routine in the bathroom, always keeping a spare change of scrubs on a hook behind the door.

Fresh and clean she left the house, locked it behind her, and went to her car. It was a red 1993 Ford Probe, four cylinder, five-speed, and slightly dented. She gripped the steering wheel for a moment, thinking 'Gary... where could you be...' before she backed out of the driveway and drove to the hospital.

After her husband, Gary, went missing she put together a back pack of survival items and placed it in the trunk of her car. Her mom always taught her to be prepared for whatever could happen, but with the city acting so strange and everything seeming to fall apart, it was hard to gauge what she should be prepared for.

Paladin Sheppard

Sergeant David Fredrick Adams rolled to his knees and off the rollup mattress that he took with him on long deployments, and got to his feet. "Roy who was that? Did you see any markings?" Corporal Roy Bennings was Dave's spotter.

"Sorry DFA didn't see it till too late but I didn't see any id on that chopper, bet it was some government job." Roy said from behind his 40 power scope.

"Right..." David said as he picked up the M14 EBR that was his main tool of his trade. "No point sleeping right now its almost opening time.."

Even though the parking lot was empty down below soon it would be time for volunteers and some of the local districts uniformed patrol officers to make sure anyone turning up had the basics. No cars were allowed due to the concrete barriers and mesh fences that had been set up to stop any looting.

While he was the sniper squad's CO he was in overall command here including a 8 man team from the assault section based in the supermarket itself.

"Blue one two, this is Blue one six, check in over."

Lisky

4th and 63rd st Supermarket

David heard a faint crackle in his radio, and suddenly it jumped to life as the cool, crisp voices of his team on the ground.  "all clear sir, no sign of anyone or anything..."

There was the sound of a heavy diesel engine in the distance. Through his scope David could make out another platoon of National Guard troops disembarking and preparing for a street by street sweet... what seemed odd, they were equipped with full combat gear, rather than the usual riot patrol...  Seemed whoever was issuing the orders wanted a show of force for the rioters and looters.

A few blocks closer, the first signs of humanity showed up in the inner city, a pack of civilians, walked slowly and cautiously towards the store, the seemed downright terrified, as if the slightest sound caused them to jump.  The eased their way towards the barricades surrounding the store.  When they reached the entrance the man in front asked "is.... is it safe in there? You're sure there's none of those things..." he paused, pointing towards the general area where a large pack of rioters was reported to be.

Rebecca's drive was short and uneventful as she made her way across the bridge to the suburbs and the Ithica's St. Mercy Hospital... The traffic seemed unusually light.  Besides the occasional jogger, runner, or child playing outside in the morning cool, the area seemed relatively devoid of life, then again, it was only 7:30am.

At the hospital Rebecca was assaulted with the sudden stench of blood as paramedics came running by with what looked to be possibly the remains of a feline... or perhaps canine, the damage was so severe one could only be astounded there was any life left in that ruined and shattered body.

A few moments later, she made it to the central desk, where the reception greeted her with a quick "hello, and time to get moving, it's a busy day already and we're already understaffed."  before given a chance to respond, one of the head nurses walked by, and said in a flat tone,  "You're needed in room 203, looks like some type of bite and they need some help right now."

Charlie's Appartment

Charlie Mask had been sleeping in, enjoying his day off.  His apartment was in the up-scale downtown area, where his activities were viewed as even more usual and as such, he was generally left to his own by the other tenants.  It was early, even if he was on call that day, (which he wasn't) they'd usually give him a few more hours of rest, and call on one of the other, younger doctors first.  The noise continued though... it got louder... the thumping... suddenly it was coming from his door.

From the same general area, a woman's scream could be heard, followed by her shouting, "he's crazy... he's trying to kill me, someone please help me!  He's locked in my room but i don't know how long it'll hold him... someone help, someone call the police!"

At the Docks

The unmarked Black Hawk touched down on the roof of a gray building... a squad of black clad soldiers poured out as they made their way down into the facility, they broke up into pairs as the went to seek out some very specific personnel

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Ghostwish

Charlie had woken up at the first thump. Lousy kids.. He thought at first, but as he lay there partially dozing, he began to note that the rhythm of the thumping was.. odd. And then the scream.

The raccoon was already out of bed, and practically half way to the door before the women had even started speaking. He had his 9mm in his paw, but opted to leave it on the half-desk as he went for his weapon of choice by the door.. the pump-action.

Why did the old soldier keep the shotgun at the door? Because he's C.C.C., that's why.

None the less, he promptly opened the door with the shotgun readied. We can only hope the poor woman didn't die of stress from both being attacked and now seeing some stark-bonkers raccoon with a shotgun. "What in blazes is going on out here!? I'm trying to sleep in here, ya harpy!"

Sprocketsdance

Rebecca couldn't help but try to hold back her gag reflex upon seeing the carnage going past her as she walked inside. 'This is getting rediculous....'

Upon getting her orders from the nurse she hurried over to room 203, upon entering she stopped at the sink near the door, washed her hands and donned some gloves.

"So what's going on here?"

Paladin Sheppard

"Blue one six, Blue one three. Today's load is here Over."  The other sniper pair reported from a building next to the supermarket reported as a large truck pulled up to the gate.

"Copy that one three. Orange one five open the gate for em, over." Dave said looking through a spare scope at the truck.

Despite it being the 8th day they had been stationed here everyone was still fresh and relaxed, no rioting was close and each of the team had had a turn sleeping on some inflatable mattresses set up in the apartment building Blue one three was atop. Showers and regular meals had helped aswell.

Lisky

Military Viral Research Facility

The pairs of soldiers broke off and found the various lead scientists who they were assigned to grab... 6 of the troops were already in or on their way to the helicopter, the last pair, Mendoza and Salem were search for Dr. Molovich, they found her packing some of her things into a large shoulder bag, making some last minute collections before the move.  The pair approached, they knew she was their objective, yet they went through the formalities anyways.  The tall feline spoke, "Dr. Anastasia Molovich?  Master Sargents Salem and Mendoza, we've been ordered to evac you to a safe location for now until things are contained, if you'll please come with us, we're moving out now."

A crackle in both the soldier's earpieces announced from the pilot, "we've got a bit of a wobble in blade 3, nothing i can't handle, but this bird is going into the maintence hanger once we're back at base."  With the pilot's reassurance that he had things under control, the pair continued with their duty as if the conversation had never happened.

National Guard Base Camp Halo Whiskey

The Staff Sargent approached almost his commanding officer almost timidly.  The short, and slightly pudgy human had been serving as O-7's for all of 2 weeks before the crisis in Ithica hit, and he was still trying to adjust how the primarily science officer did things.  His specialty in infectious diseases made him seem like a god-send for the various military commanders fielding the troops trying to contain the epidemic.

The pudgy man waited quietly while Bryan finished reading yet another containment plan sent by one the field commanders... He waited a few moments, then coughed to make his presence known.  He waited until he had the foxes attention, then passed a slip of paper.  The message, once translated from exact military jargon read, Brigadier General Bryan McKensie, you are requested (given that the message was from a superior, ordered.) to attend a planning session with various command groups all operating in the immidiate area.  The results of this meeting will most likely decide the general operations plan of all military forces operating in the city.  Several ways to stop the spread of this disease, and cleanse this city of infection will be discussed and your expertise would prove invaluable for evaluating the effectiveness of such plans.  Meeting begins 1100 Hours, location Financial District, Hanedey Plaza.  A VIP Convoy will pick you up at 800 Hours.  Good luck.  It was already 7:30, that gave the fox about a half and hour to prepare for a cross town trip in ground transport through several infected zones.

Emerald Greens Country Club

The cool morning air felt nice as the execs prepared for Tee off.  Both had hired coaches/trainers and Joseph Boston had been lucky enough to be working that day.  100$ an hour to watch a couple of CEOs inflate their egos while asking for help every once in a while so they didn't seem too arrogant to the other...  His man approached and asked, "what would recommend for this shot, i'm thinking the a 8 iron... but, what do you think?

Big-Box Mart

Another day another dollar, or so Tony would always greet Oscar with every morning before his sudden disappearance 3 days ago.  The boy didn't show up for work one day, and no one had heard a thing.  When employees stopped by his place yesterday, no one was in his apartment as far as they could tell... It got everyone worried, especially with the riots and everything going on.  The Ocelot sulked his way to the employee entrance and found it oddly unlocked, and slightly cracked open...

Hospital

"Oh, good, some help, finally, we had to give poor Mr. Weaver here a sedative, he kept shaking when we tried to draw blood... Seems he got caught in a brawl on his way home from the bar last night, group jumped him, and one of his attackers bit him before he knocked the man cold... Or so his story seems to go.  Anyways, if you'd be so kind as to hold his right arm down we'd like to get a few blood samples... the bite looks infected, but we're doing what we can to keep it clean... If all goes well, Mr. Weaver should be free to go in a matter of hours."

The man on the bed looked pale, but he was sleeping for the moment... He was covered in a thin film of sweat, and the bite on his left bicep was quite visible given the short-sleeve nature of the gowns being issued at the moment.  The man himself twitched every now and again, but the IV drip made sure he'd be asleep for a little while, at least until he settled down.

Charlie's Apartment

The cat girl sobbed even harder as she saw the gun, but she started to move towards the open doorway and apparent safety, she whimpered softly, "it's Johnny he's gone crazy... he... he hit me.. i fought back, and.... he tried to bite me i think... i don't know what's wrong with him... but i got the door jammed... and i... i just need a place to hide... just until the police get here.... can i hide here.... please... you gotta understand, he's gonna kill me if he finds me..."  Tears were running down the girls face as she tried inching closer to the opened door... she was obviously less scared of the gun than the boy, but at the same time, it was quite obvious she didn't want to die right then and there.

Supermarket

Food, water and medical attention were given to the civilians as they recounted their story of how they were assaulted by the mob... The various injuries were stitched where needed as the medic noticed bite marks on 3 of the people, along with one of the un-bitten civilians exhibiting some strange symptoms, it seems he was assaulted by an ex-girlfriend, and when he finally hit her back, she coughed a face-full of blood into his mouth before succumbing to unconsciousness.

From David's rooftop position, he could spot another clump of civilians making there way towards the safety of the police enforced check-point... though when inspected closer there movements seemed... odd, almost jerky, as if a parody of walking when one's limbs were stiff after an awkward sleep... and the group seemed more pale too...  If he looked closer he would notice the distinct lack of a right arm, just below the shoulder on of the middle people in the mob... actually, if he looked more closely, he would see most of the others had heinous injuries that would leave a normal person writhing in pain, and unable to move... something about this group was wrong... very wrong...  they continued to shamble towards the gate, still a good 600+ yards down the major road.

John Ayers' Lab

Various screams, shouts and the occasional burst of gunfire could be heard coming from outside the Lab, The beating on the door suddenly became more frantic, though the shouts were not understandable as they were muffled while traveling through all the layers of sound dampening material used to soundproof the gutted warehouse turned science lab.  

Tipod

"Go for the gap wedge on this one. Hit it just right, and you can clear the whole rough. Use a nine-iron, you're not going to make it." He seemed polite as ever, but Joseph hated teaching wealthy businessmen. It was just so unnecessary considering they knew almost as much as he did. At least these ones were nice enough to not treat him like a caddy or do that little "chop-chop" clap with their hands. People that treated Joseph as anything less than the mentor he was would very quickly find themselves in need of a new instructor.

Looking out at the wide open course, he couldn't help thinking about the usual things: home, dinner, and what Junior learned in school today. Hope Barbara's making that roast chicken again, with the lemon rub and crushed fennel...
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Paladin Sheppard

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on July 01, 2009, 10:22:23 PM
Supermarket

Food, water and medical attention were given to the civilians as they recounted their story of how they were assaulted by the mob... The various injuries were stitched where needed as the medic noticed bite marks on 3 of the people, along with one of the un-bitten civilians exhibiting some strange symptoms, it seems he was assaulted by an ex-girlfriend, and when he finally hit her back, she coughed a face-full of blood into his mouth before succumbing to unconsciousness.

From David's rooftop position, he could spot another clump of civilians making there way towards the safety of the police enforced check-point... though when inspected closer there movements seemed... odd, almost jerky, as if a parody of walking when one's limbs were stiff after an awkward sleep... and the group seemed more pale too...  If he looked closer he would notice the distinct lack of a right arm, just below the shoulder on of the middle people in the mob... actually, if he looked more closely, he would see most of the others had heinous injuries that would leave a normal person writhing in pain, and unable to move... something about this group was wrong... very wrong...  they continued to shamble towards the gate, still a good 600+ yards down the major road.

Fuck fuck fuck David thought as he triggered his radio "All Blue and Orange units, this is Blue one six. Lockdown I repeat Lockdown. Orange units pull back to the inner barriers. Blue one six Out."

Thankfully the truck had already made it inside the fences and was on its way inside. He watched though his scope at the incoming mob as Roy took over the situation and ordering the SWAT team to gear up and to come outside.

The local patrol units quickly made their way inside the barriers as the civilians were asked to leave as quickly as they could. No one liked their orders on this detail, they were there to serve and protect the innocent and kicking them out into a possible riot just plain sucked.

David unfolded the bipod on the M14 and took up a shooters stance as he played the scope over the mob....Something was very very wrong here...Was that guy missing an arm on PCP or something? He took his eye from his weapons scope and looked through the 40x spotters scope Roy vacated as he had picked up his own Remington 700P.

Azlan

Bryan gazed longingly at the word 'requested', oh want that I could refuse!  Chuck is probably going to drone on and on about how we need to keep the media in the dark, the citizens in the dark... even the law enforcement agencies.  He paused in his mental tirade to mull over an oddity in the message, good luck.  Good Luck?  Why would he write that?

Ignoring the Staff Sergeant standing at attention for the moment, the fox rolled out one of his large city maps and examined the areas between HW and Hanedey, "that is a lot of infected zones to cross with ground transportation, I would have preferred a helicopter."

Turning his eyes to the staff sergeant he issued his orders, "Staff Sergeant Cole, I need you to locate Major Winters and Lieutenant Colonel Daines.  Also, have Lieutenant Knighthaven ready the appropriate amount of men for additional escort if needed when the convoy arrives.  I'll need appropriate gear just in case."

He dismissed the man, giving the proper salute  as needed, and began gathering the odds and ends he would need for the meeting.  Backing up his data to the servers, he shutdown his laptop and slipped it into its case.

Bryan took a seat at his desk and awaited the arrival of his staff secretary and the base's duty commander.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Ghostwish

Charlie gave the cat girl a look like she was, ironically, infected with something. "Tried to bite you!? What, you dating a zombie or some schmuck? Get your pretty little ass inside, I'm going to go have a 'talk' with your 'boyfriend'." The coon announced, and promptly stormed over to the girl's apartment, muttering something about kids these days.

A half-second and a kicked down door later, Charlie yelled "HEALTH INSPECTION! Get out where I can see ya!" Before he entered the apartment like it was a building full of communists, rioters, mutants, or a combination of the three. He was crouched low, his short tail bristling, and the shotgun at the ready...

Poor Johnny.

Kafzeil

Oscar  bit his lip as he slowly opened the broken door. The young ocelot had his hunting shotgun, a gift from his father slung over his shoulder, with a crowbar sticking out of his backpack.

Strangely, he somehow felt his exercise was going to save his life...he had dropped a good 50 pounds since taking up kickboxing, and knew how to fight now. In a few months, the young man had grown surprisingly strong and deceitfully fats for his build. He wasn't a Olympic  athlete, but for a guy who a year ago could barely climb a story of stairs without loosing his breath, Oscar felt proud. He could jog for a few hours now, and now biked home.

He eased his way into the back entrance, spying his bosses office as he remained as silent as possible. It was likely a looter, or a group of the bastards. Sons of Bitches, the whole lot of them. He had seen a group of them trample over some childern...

He slowly grabbed his crowbar pulled it out of his backpack. If he found the bastard who broke in, he could say good-bye to his kneecaps.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Sprocketsdance

Rebecca nodded and walked to the patient's right side and placed her hands on his shoulder and wrist, firmly holding the arm in place.

"Geez, who the heck bites someone? I guess if their drunk enough they'll do anything.."

She couldn't help but feel this wasn't right; he shouldn't be in this type of condition with just a bite from a human, even a drunk one. Perhaps he took some nasty drugs, but either way the blood test will show what exactly is going on with him.

Lisky

National Guard Base Camp Halo Whiskey

As his various orders were given and carried out, a flurry of activity overcame the base, as soldiers grabbed gear, vehicles, supplies, and made requests with the quartermaster for every bit of extra firepower they could get their hands on.  By the time 7:50 rolled around 4 HumVees were loaded with 2 squads.  Each of the heavy trucks mounted an M2 .50 cal on a turret, and the soldiers inside each had some type of automatic weapon.  Knighhaven's G36c hung loosely on a combat harness laden with additional magazines.  The snow-leopard wore a suit similar to the special forces operating in the area, a matte black, kevlar-nylon weave under-layer.  He looked like very much like the recruitment posters the army used for recruitment purposes, very fit, lean, and with his light blue eyes, what even the most conservative of those interested in male half the species, cute.

Major Winters approached the area in a BDU.  With the flack-vest she'd been issued, she appeared to almost be making a mockery of the military with her thin features.  The Lynx girl stood at 5'8", about average. Her daily routine had kept her thin, and muscled... if there was excess fat on the Major, one would be very hard pressed to find it.  She walked by the soldiers, giving the Lieutenant a quick glance as she approached. She was followed a few minutes later by a Beagle wearing a pair of glasses.  Once the others had entered, and given their greetings, Knighthaven walked in carrying an extra combat vest, and the commander's personal Ruger SR-556.  Behind him the senior NCO of the protection detail carried an extra pack.  Knighthaven informed his commander with a salute, "we've got 2 squads,  4 HumVees and enough small arms to fight a private war sir... for the return, we managed to secure a pair of Black Hawks.  The trip there looks iffy, so we're gonna be keeping mobile to prevent getting swamped.  You're assigned escort is a pair of VIP Suburbans, armored, upgraded, and mounting a hidden M240 turret that can unfold in a moment's notice... they're getting checked in now... we're ready to roll out, on your orders sir."

Supermarket

The shambling forms made their way towards the concrete barricades, there was something obviously wrong with them.  Those inside the store begrudgingly left, and slunk back into the shadows, creeping along and hoping for safety.  A few seconds later David's earpiece buzzed as a broadcast from command came in.  "All IPD units currently deployed, we've received an update on the current situation.  Any civilian that seems to be acting as if on PCP, or some other drug, you are authorized to engage, repeat engage... with lethal force.  They are not civilians and most be treated as the highest possible threat.  That is all..."

David's earpiece buzzed for a second, then, in the distance the mob in his sights let out a blood-curdling howl as they spotted the civilians leaving the barricades.  Everyone in the unit had heard the order, and the team was already shouting for the civilians to get down.  They lined up and took aim... they were still well outside the effective range of the M4 rifles most of the team on the ground carried.

Hospital

The needle slid into the mans arm, he trembled a bit, but nothing too serious happened.  The man continued in his drug induced sleep as the med techs ran off, taking the supply to the lab... it almost looked like one of them stuck himself in the hand with the needle, but Rebecca couldn't be sure.  She was quickly ordered to help stitch up someone who was mauled by another mob.

Golf Course

Playing through the next two holes without any interruptions, it was turning out to be a surprisingly pleasant day.  Joseph was sitting back as the other exec was hitting his ball, completely disregarding any advice his caddy was giving.  Out of the corner of his eye, he thought he spotted a small cluster of kids goofing off around the green.

Next Apartment Down

As the door flew opened, there was almost no sound... a light wind was blowing through an open window.  A cursory check around the rest of the place revealed that Johnny was in fact, not in the apartment at all.  As Charlie walked towards the window, he noticed a Iguana in a business suit skitter off... The iguana looked back at the former apartment for a moment, it's eye met Charlie's for a few moments... cold, dead like eyes... the iguana stuck out it's tongue for a fraction of a second, turned it's head then ran... The raccoon had the feeling he'd be seeing ol' Johnny again

Big-Box Mart
(warning, may contain nightmare fuel for the overly imaginative)

Oscar crept into the building, hardly making a sound.  He found the lights off as he slunk into the building.  A thin shaft of light leaped inside as the Feline moved into the room, crowbar at the ready.  Waiting at the other end of the storage area was a somewhat overweight man.  His outline was somewhat visible, and his high pitch cackle echoed through the expansive room.  As his eyes adjusted rather quickly to the darker conditions he could see the back of the man's head quite clearly.  He was wearing a massive reddish afro wig, and his head seemed ghostly white.  He let out another high pitched squeal then turned around "Weeeehehehe, what'd'a we have 'ere" he spoke in a high pitched, and nasally voice.

The man's face with thick, jowly and bulbous, his appearance of slightly overweight had grown to grotesque proportions.  He had horribly smeared clown makeup on his face, turning something that is usually a bringing of joy into some type of ghastly parody. The man's overall demeanor seemed pigish... as if he were a pig anthro who then underwent plastic surgery to appear human.  Oscar would have moved if the pig-man hadn't held a Mac-10 machine pistol dead level with his chest.

The man walked forward slowly, as he got closer, the ocelot could see he had a machete in his other hand, metal gleamed off some bits, but others appeared rusted... only the rust was dripping... it was the remnants of whatever he'd butchered, and recently too.  He jiggled as he walked, laughing and squeeling with a glee that was completely at odds with the situation he found himself in.  The pig-man was obviously quite insane as he wattled forward, his jiggling almost hypnotic.

Suddenly he looked angry, he shouted in the same nasally voice, " I asked you a quessssstion boy... Whoooo are yooouuuu? and whaaaat are you doingggg in my playhoussssse?"  The tones were completely at odds with his facial expressions, his fist tightened around the blade and a trail of gore clearly revealed that it was the manager who'd been butchered.  The chimp had always worn his hair in a particular way... and just in front of the gory pile of meat and bone stood a head who's top was facing poor Oscar, the haircut identical to that of his boss.

Ghostwish

Charlie had leveled the shotgun on the fleeing iguana, but it was a pointless gesture as Johnny was well out of range.. Still, it didn't keep the coon from noticing the strange look in the boy's eyes.. "Bloody kids these days.." Charlie grumbled as he made his way back to his own apartment, and found the cat girl.

"You girl! What the devil have you and your boyfriend been getting into!? This isn't some manner of fantasy drug, is it!?"

Boog

A grey rabbit in a lab coat finished her coffee hurriedly, like someone on their way out the door running late to work.
"Right, right, I'm coming." She chucked the paper cup aside and thrust another fistful of notes and papers into her pockets. "Right, I'm good, sorry. Lead the way, Salem and whoever-you-were." Anastasia didn't have a LOW opinion of soldiers, per se, for the same reason she didn't have a low opinion of teapots or furniture. They were useful, but generally part of the background.

Lisky

Anastasia was led into the helicopter, Mendoza carried her bags, while Salem gave her an exceedingly brief refresher in the use of a handgun.  As the triplet reached the helicopter, they took their seats by the door facing the entrance to the facility Salem sat next to the rabbit, while Mendoza sat across.  The windows let the rabbit look out the window, and the pilot's take-off was done so smoothly it seemed the world had fallen from under her feet, rather than the helicopter lifting into the air.

A few minutes into the flight, the helicopter started getting a heavy vibration that seemed to rattle the entire aircraft.  The pilot looked back and said, "we've got a real serious problem with rotor 3, i'm gonna have to set he....." his words were cut off as a series of loud sirens blared, and the helicopter started descending in an uncontrolled spiral motion, as if the helicopter were rotating instead of the blades.

The aircraft careened towards the inner city.  It was at this point that a middle-aged human walked into the streets, he looked up with his jowly cheeks, the man, Abdul, donned his glasses to catch a sight of the black object heading his way.  He wasn't too smart or creative, but at least he tried something.  He ran for an allyway as the aircraft slammed down.  

The Black Hawk's internal areas were largely intact, but the outside was a messed... The large helicopter slammed into the ground and bounced up again before settling.  A section of rotor 3 broke off, and through sheer inertia took off like a missile, slicing through Abdul's midsection as if he were a paper target.  The human was cleanly bisected, and would have suffered for a few moments before succumbing to sweet release of shock, then death.  Instead he felt the blade go through his belly, felt his legs go one way, and his torso the other... and landed facing up... just in time for one of the wheels, which had been torqued off it's mount by the intensity of the crash slammed through the area his head had occupied.  Worse, Anastasia's window seat allowed her to witness the entire bloody spectacle.

As soon as the crash had settled to the point of being mildly safe, Salem and Mendoza had their door opened, and were already scanning the street, trying to move Anastasia to a safe location... The loft house 2 blocks up the road would work.  With their chosen destination in sight, the pair got set to move, then Salem informed their charge, "see that building over there, the one with the red brick and the green graffiti.  That's where we're gonna hole up for a bit until we get a rescue team out here.  Stay between us, and whatever you do, do not freeze if you see one of them. "  clearly referring to an infected, which if reports were correct, this area should be teeming with them.

Tipod

Just as he was dwelling on what to do with his upcoming paycheck, Joseph noticed the pack of children screwing around on the course. Not again, he thought glumly as he got up from the golfcart. "I'll be a minute, guys. Those damn kids are trespassing again." He made sure his walkie-talkie was in hand before advancing on the intruders.

"Hey! I thought I told you punks to stay off the green! Get outta here before I call security!" There was just never a week where those miscreants wouldn't come by to blow airhorns, throw eggs at the other members and make utter nuisances of themselves.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Kafzeil

For the most part, OScar seemed oddly calm, but this was for one reason only: he was hiding his panic very well, and currently his mind was racing.

ShitshsitshitshitshitshitSHIT!He slowly began to back up, attempting to formulate a plan, his survival instinct kicking in.

"Uh...sorry...I'll be going then....I'm sorry to have disturbed you..."Oscar smiled meekly, his eyes darting around, looking something he could use...

Within Arm's Reach was a clothing rack.  At the very least he could tip this thing over in the lunatic gave chase. Oscar was certain being in better shape was to be his trump card. He could escape easier and run faster and longer-he hoped.

However, for he knew this guy could have rigged the entire store with traps...his man's primary weapon was to be his unpredictability, it seems.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Paladin Sheppard

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on July 03, 2009, 10:03:29 PM
Supermarket

The shambling forms made their way towards the concrete barricades, there was something obviously wrong with them.  Those inside the store begrudgingly left, and slunk back into the shadows, creeping along and hoping for safety.  A few seconds later David's earpiece buzzed as a broadcast from command came in.  "All IPD units currently deployed, we've received an update on the current situation.  Any civilian that seems to be acting as if on PCP, or some other drug, you are authorized to engage, repeat engage... with lethal force.  They are not civilians and most be treated as the highest possible threat.  That is all..."

David's earpiece buzzed for a second, then, in the distance the mob in his sights let out a blood-curdling howl as they spotted the civilians leaving the barricades.  Everyone in the unit had heard the order, and the team was already shouting for the civilians to get down.  They lined up and took aim... they were still well outside the effective range of the M4 rifles most of the team on the ground carried.

"All blue and orange units hold your fire till you have a headshot, we need to put them down hard! You are weapons free at this point" Dave said as he lined up on the figure missing an arm.

Stroking the trigger he sent his first 7.62x51mm JHP round of the engagement spiraling at its target. Before he had even checked to see that the shot had hit he was selecting another, watching the targeting lasers of his snipers so that shots were not wasted. David kept firing until the last of the mob was down, all 20 shots in the M14's magazine expended. Roy had already shot through 3 of his 5 round mags for the R700P.

Just as the bolt closed on an empty chamber he was already thumbing the release catch and lifting a fresh magazine  to slot into the rifle.

"All units call out! Any injuries?" It was unlikely but David knew that when he was staring down the scope alot could happen around him that he couldn't attend to.

Sprocketsdance

Rebecca sighed, cursing herself for her choice of profession as she rushed down the hall to the next patient's room. She couldn't help but continue to think whether or not that guy stuck himself, what school did he come from? Didn't he know anything about universal precautions? Either way it wasn't her problem. She prepped herself the same as before, donned her gloves and grabbed extra stitching supplies in case they needed them. She waved halfheartedly to her comrades as she went to the bed.

"This is number two for me, how about you guys?"

Azlan

Bryan returned the salute and nodded his understanding, "give me a moment lieutenant."  The fox strapped on the combat vest, retrieved and checked both M9s before holstering them, and shouldered his SR-556.  It all fit in nicely with his BDUs, making him look like a real soldier... almost.  He retrieved his hat and nodded to the lieutenant.

"Alright, lets roll.  Knighthaven, you are in charge of the combat operations while we are in transit.  Make sure they don't get too overzealous with gunfire, but don't take chances... and no rescues, it pains me to say it, but we can't afford to bring in civilians during this outing.  The infection is too virulent."  The fox paused to consider anything else he thought useful, Knighthaven was professional, but Bryan always erred on the side of caution, "if we encounter infected, be sure to shoot for the head as much as possible, take them down with concentrated fire, but be sure to headshot them if we a forced to clear an area.  We keep the caravan in the open areas, do not get close to buildings, and we may need some heavy weapons to clear obstructions in the roads."    

Major Winters retrieved the general's case with laptop, notes and important papers, as well as the medical kit.  With everyone in tow, General McKensie exited his command area, donned his hat, and headed over to the indicated VIP Suburban.  He was relieved of his heavier items, which were stored in an easily accessible area, by one of the NCOs.  He and the major climbed in and secured themselves as best as they could.  Though he tried very hard not to show it, Bryan was very apprehensive about crossing the very hostile areas.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Boog

Anastasia liked helicopters. They were advanced and practical and they let you see everything going on below if you had a good enough telescope. She liked the idea of that, being able to track all the possible variables where you were. Not like planes. She always got trapped in an aisle seat on those damn things, and the windows weren't really angled to look down. Overall she was having an alright day. Hell, even that mexican soldier, whatsisface, name started with an M, made good eye candy-
The helicopter gave a sickening lurch and she checked her belt buckle with a curse. Damn things could never stay in the goddamn sky. Helpless to do anything but watch out the window and hope to GOD nothing got all shrapnel-y on her, she marveled at the brutality inflicted upon the man in the alleyway. It was rather horrifying to consider, really, that a civilian may have been better off with the undead than with the soldiers...
Oh well, collateral damage...
She finally managed to crawl out of the wreckage, nodding approvingly to the soldiers casing the joint. Glad that they were less dazed than she was, Anastasia double checked her pockets. Notes, vial, PDA, all that... She smiled to herself, leaned back into the wreckage of the chopper, and pulled three canisters out of one of her bags. They were small, about the size of peanut butter jars, and immediately vanished into the pockets of her lab coat.
"Shoot the bad men. Got it. Don't tell me too much or you'll be out of a job, boys." The collar of her lab coat crinkled in what was probably a smile.

Lisky

Golf Course

The kids kinda glanced at Joseph and his threats... they seemed to amble on, as if they either didn't hear him or didn't care.  They seemed to be heading for some other golfers anyways.  His exec called him back as he prepared to take his shot.  The ball was teed, all setup, and the Exec was standing in a proper stance.  As he began his swing, a blood-chilling howl came from the area around the other golfers as the kids weren't just interrupting the old men enjoying their day off... they appeared to be attack them... Then, as if that wasn't enough, a section of the pack began sprinting towards Joseph and his little party, their inhuman wails could be heard echoing across the grassy fields.

The Scream came just as Joseph's exec was taking his shot... his club swung wide as he flinched with the howl... he turned to scream something at the kids, obvious rage in his eyes, when he saw them heading straight for them... his mouth just sat opened, as he was frozen in total shock from what he was seeing.

Hospital

The man who had needed stitches was in his room, his horribly swollen face made it hard to see his eyes, he had cuts, scrapes and gashes across most of his exposed skin, and his clothing was in tatters.  As Rebecca eased her way into the room, something about the clothing was familiar... almost... but it couldn't be, how could her husband be here, of all places, and in such a horrible condition... it just... couldn't be possibly, but it was.  He was laying in the hospital bed, barely conscious and only semi-coherent due to the pain killers that had been pumped into his system.  The man's eye seemed to twinkle a bit, and he grinned for the briefest of moments before groaning in pain...

Charlie's Apartment

The girl looked worried as the raccoon came back, she was sitting on a couch, very tense, and seeming ready to run.  As Charlie shouted his accusation, the girl began outright crying... she sobbed and said, "I.... I don't know... he hadn't called for a few days... after saying how he was feeling sick... I show up today, and used the key he gave me to get in.  He didn't respond when i said his name... when i walked into his bedroom, he was there... acting, strange... he came at me, trying to hit me... kick me... bite me... It... *sob* was like... some wild animal had taken over Johnny.... he's normally a great guy... but... i just don't know, i don't know!"  the girl hugged her knees to her chest in a very defensive position... she curled into a ball and just kept on whimpering, tears running down her face.

Heli-Crash Site

The pair of spec-ops almost sprinted to the door, they wanted nothing to do with street level fighting under current conditions.  As the reached the door to the brick building, Mendoza whipped out a set of lock-picking tools, and went about getting the door open quietly in a matter of seconds.  Once inside the building they locked the heavy oak door behind them, and went searching for a staircase.  It was strange... the entire building was quiet, as if everyone were asleep.... or dead.  

Salem found an apartment he deemed worthy, whispered something to Mendoza, and he picked the lock.  The small room looked like a studio flat rather than a proper apartment, the large bare space had paintings sitting along the walls, with various colored drips staining the floors, opened sections of walls and, even somehow the ceiling.  The pair suddenly stopped, as a pale skinned man skittered out of some back room area... perhaps sleeping in the broom closet... whatever the case may be, he turned the corner, as if to investigate the sudden noise in his room.  Almost as he appeared, it would seem he ran into a hail of bullets as the pair fired short bursts from their SMGs.  The man died instantly and never got a chance to utter a word... Mendoza pulled a small pack out of his pocket, unfolded the sheet of plastic that was in the small pack, and draped it over the body.

Outside, the helicopter exploded as the others were looking for their own cover... a howl from somewhere downstairs made it obvious the explosion had woken up the neighborhood... and they aren't friendly neighbors.

Supermarket

As David and the other snipers downed the mob with a level of precision that would leave a machine in awe. (if such a machine could feel awe...)  The were settling down, adjusting to the new orders when the radio crackled to life yet again, the signal was on his unit's personal channel.  "This is General Pryde, head of the task force echo-delta-mike- 1 in charge of special operations in your section of the city.  Sargent, i'm ordering you to take 5 other men, and recover whatever is left of my science team, and their entourage.  They're located at East 53rd and Edmonton Rd, or at least, that's where their helicopter crashed... i don't care about your protests, these orders supersede anything you've been issued... i need you to get moving soonest, my people are in danger, and they are not replaceable..."

The signal died, and Roy let out a deep sigh, sure that he was not broadcasting, "these romeo-echo-mike-foxtrots are getting to me sir, i don't mind working with the military, but this sworn to secrecy and special orders, and covert missions bullshit had better stop..."

En-route to Meeting

The spotted feline nodded, gave a curt, "Yes sir", then proceeded to the vehicles.  They were arranged so that a Humvee was both in front and behind each of the suburbans.  The Lieutenant found a position inside the front middle Humvee.

The trip was already looking bad as they crossed the bridge from the suburbs to the downtown district.  Abandon cars littered the roads, and the high mobility strategy went out the window.  The convoy continued slowly, having to navigate the steel and concrete labyrinth without damaging their vehicles.

As the team suddenly reached a clear section of road, things started going from nerve wracking to downright terrifying.  As the first Humvee cleared the intersection, it's gunner failed to notice the large truck traveling down the clear and straight section of road.  The second gunner noticed it right away however and called out "semi, 9 o'clock, it doesn't look like it's slowi... oh shit... permission to fire?!" Knighthaven looked out his own window as his vehicle entered the intersection, "granted, permission granted, open up on him, repeat open up."

As the feline's orders were recieved the first and second vehicles had already cleared, his was about to, but still managed to fire off a short burst before a building blocked the gunner's view, the rest of the vehicles in the convoy opened up to, riddling the engine block, driver's compartment and in several cases the building's clean through the back of the truck, with the heavy slugs... it however didn't seem to faze the mammoth machine...
The driver was probably dead, yet the truck continued to barrel forward.  It almost looked like the convoy would pass unharmed as the last vehicle was crossing the intersection still firing when the truck and Bravo 2 (Humvee is the rear-guard position) disappeared around the corner, bits and pieces of Humvee along with parts of engine's were left in the middle of the road.

Knighthaven came over the comms his voice an icy calm, "Sir, bravo 2 is down, repeat bravo 2 vehicle down.  Do we stop and recover what's left of our men, or keep moving... current estimate, all 4 KIA, chances of survival is exceedingly slim..."  suddenly the feline stopped as a groan came over the radio, it sounded like Aiden, head of bravo 2.  The voice responded after a heavy breath, "we're.... we're ok, vehicle took a glancing blow across the rear corner, and it looks like some of our shells may have ignited something that fell off the truck... looks like the impact took out our rear axle though..."

as soon as the voice confirmed bravo 2's survival Knighthaven clicked to the command channel, "sir, permission to stop and recover our men?"

Paladin Sheppard

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on July 06, 2009, 01:38:59 AM
Supermarket

As David and the other snipers downed the mob with a level of precision that would leave a machine in awe. (if such a machine could feel awe...)  The were settling down, adjusting to the new orders when the radio crackled to life yet again, the signal was on his unit's personal channel.  "This is General Pryde, head of the task force echo-delta-mike- 1 in charge of special operations in your section of the city.  Sargent, i'm ordering you to take 5 other men, and recover whatever is left of my science team, and their entourage.  They're located at East 53rd and Edmonton Rd, or at least, that's where their helicopter crashed... i don't care about your protests, these orders supersede anything you've been issued... i need you to get moving soonest, my people are in danger, and they are not replaceable..."

The signal died, and Roy let out a deep sigh, sure that he was not broadcasting, "these romeo-echo-mike-foxtrots are getting to me sir, i don't mind working with the military, but this sworn to secrecy and special orders, and covert missions bullshit had better stop..."

"Shit this is nothing Roy, you should have seen some of the crap that happened when I was with the Marines." David radioed to the team downstairs asking them to split into their tactical groups, one to stay here with the other sniper team and the other to grab one of the armored SUVs that SWAT used to get around.

"Roy you get one of the assaulters to spot for you while I take B team to the crash site." He said as he packed up what he could carry and headed to the ladder leading into the supermarket.

Once downstairs he went through a brief plan with the team he had selected, and as they got into the SUV called for the patrol officer at the vehicle gate to let them through. 

Driving passed the remains of the mob Dave couldn't help but think that something was very very wrong.

Cogidubnus

"Hmm."

Mr. Ayers squinted at the reinforced doorway, and set his new toy down on the desk, careful to keep everything upright and pointed away from him and anything else important.
He didn't get visitors very often, and he wondered what, exactly, they could want...

It was the work of a moment to make his way to the steel door and turn the locks. The door opened with the hiss of pressurized air.

Lisky

John Ayers' Lab

Mr. Ayers was probably expecting a person to greet him at his lab's entrance, what he was greeted with was the sight of a total bloodbath.  Bodies littered the streets, some wearing the blocky- gray patterned urban camouflage, others were civilians.  

At the far end of a troop-transport style flatbed truck, a group of civilians were crouching over what appeared to be the body of a dead soldier, at first glance, one would say they were looting the corpse.  That is, until one of the 'looters' looked over it's shoulder at the sound of the hissing door.  John Ayers was suddenly struck with the observation that the fox who appeared to be a looter was missing most of the skin on his lower jaw, and furthermore, the anthro-fox was holding the entrails of the national guard troop in his hand, dragging them along absentmindedly as if it were a thick string.  Suddenly his cold, almost dead-like eyes moved over the opened door, and they made contact with John's... The fox howled and started lurching for the door in what had to be the least possibly graceful gait imaginable.

Big-Box Mart

The pig man jiggled and bobbled, running probably wouldn't be the best idea, even with the cover of the clothing, the 9mm or .45 caliber slugs would have no problems ripping through the cloth, and then whatever, or whoever was unlucky enough to be on the other side... As if on cue, the pig man lowered the machine pistol and shoved it in his waistband, as if a show of good faith.  He spoke again "but, you're not one of them... you have to stay and play... my playhouse is safe, it... it doesn't have any of them for you to worry about.... it's safe.... and fun..." he jiggled and squealed, obviously very excited that the ocelot wasn't infected.

The pig man continued approaching, the machete still dripping bits of the boy's boss.  He said almost whimsically, "Come now, we can have fun... and it'll be great..." suddenly the pig man looked far more intimidating, "just so long as you play nice."

Cogidubnus

"Jesus Christ!"

Mr. Ayers slammed the door shut and spun the wheel that activated the hermetic seal, the door hissing as it shut solid to the frame of the building. The deadbolt soon followed, falling into place with a well-greased slide. He then turned and put his back to the metal door.
He adjusted his glasses. One side had fallen down the side of his face. His expression seemed to be one of shock, and another part measured disbelief.

He could hear, however, the creature from before, pawing at the door. He'd seen bodies before - you didn't get a science degree without dissecting a pig or two. Those entrails had looked real to him.

He moved away from the door with a near hop, his step exceedingly light, and tiptoe-ran to the table where the flamethrower was. He felt crazy for even trying to use the thing, but he didn't have anything else close to a weapon besides it - well, except for the heavy wrench on the table. He picked up the flamethrower first, and then put the wrench in a loop near his pants pocket.
He thought for a moment about what best to do. Using the flamethrower at close range was asking for bad thing to happen. He wasn't sure if he could brain the thing on the first try with a wrench either, but...

He thought. He had chemicals here, although nothing extremely fancy...
Potassium chlorate...red phosphorus, and do I have...calcium carbonate. Right then.

"I've got a little time, I think." he said, turning to the lab bench. He took the flamethrower back off, and grabbed the red phosphorus and calcium carbonate off the shelf. "Let's see if Mr. Armstrong can't help us today, shall we?"

Boog

Anastasia strolled into the flat as if she owned it (which, in her mind, at least for the time being, she did). Her eyes flickered over the man the soldiers had gunned down briefly, scanning the walls of paintings. No artists I recognize, but the owner must have been avid for them. Doesn't look like he painted them himself, the psychological profile of such a prolific artist wouldn't really get this obsessed with their own work. It was worth noting that she didn't so much as bat an eye at the gunfire, or the explosion that came later on.
"So, was the man infected or merely very surprising?" Again, that amused smile. She didn't seem to disapprove, per se, but seemed to find the action inefficient in some adorable way. Like a child setting out plush toys to watch under the bed for monsters.
And then the helicopter exploded. Anastasia didn't look. She didn't even flinch. She just closed her eyes, hissed through her teeth and facepalmed.
"Shhhhhhhit. The fuel lines. Always take a couple minutes to block up the fuel lines, or the wreck will explode. Goddamnit, I forget every time." She resumed walking past the soldiers, shaking her head. "You boys may want to cover the entrances. Sounds like that attracted attention."