page 1007: did anyone else notice this?

Started by Scuravolpe, June 25, 2009, 02:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scuravolpe

Now, the original thread for this comic spent four pages talking about Dan's pantslessness. But I noticed something else after a good thirty minutes of looking...

Judging from the darker blue feathers at the tops of his wings, it appears that a third set of wings begins at his hips. As you can see in 970, wherein he is in almost exactly the same position and stance, those darker blue feathers do not extend from his normal wings down that far, nor do the lighter-colored and larger feathers at the ends of his main wings point down right behind his legs like that. And in 1009, with Dan dressed again, they are gone. This could perhaps be that when he shapeshifted to hide the extraneous features, it automatically hid the hip-wings along with the headwings. But, according to the Cubi page, once they become powerful enough, Cubi "supposedly" (as in, they probably do) gain a third set of wings.

Now, I'm fairly certain of what I see, but make of it what you will...

Also, huzzah for first post on these forums ever. Go me.

Kage

I think your just seeing some feathers from the wing on the opposite side of his body.  Dan barely knows anything about cubi, warp aci, or magic, let alone is he powerful enough to get a third set of wings yet.
I am the Patron Saint of Mediocrity.

Tapewolf

Amber has been pretty clear that Dan isn't about to become a tri-winged incubus during the lifetime of the strip and probably not afterwards either.  It's probably just the tip of his other wing.  Not many people know what it takes to become a tri-wing, but from what I gather/guess the usual process seems to involve eating lots and lots of souls, something which Dan with his present outlook on life would rather die before doing.

Welcome aboard, by the way.  Remember to read the rules if you haven't already done so.  Aside from that, don't provoke the moderators, be good, have fun and so on and so forth.  Enjoy your stay.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Keleth

C'mon let's go be tri-wings!

All the cool kids are doing it!
Help! I'm gay!

Psy-Kosh

IIRC, somewhere on the forums not all that long ago, Amber said that Dan will never become a triwing, period.

Kenji

Staring at pantless Dan for 30 minutes, huh?

Vanvidum

Quote from: Kenji on June 27, 2009, 04:39:56 AM
Staring at pantless Dan for 30 minutes, huh?

Well, you can't argue with the view. Just ask Kria.