MUZAK

Started by Teh_Hobo, June 17, 2009, 10:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teh_Hobo

Since my last music thread died, I figured I may as well start a new one, and one less specific than the last one. So, a thread for music stuff. Reviews, suggestions, opinions, any miscellaneous music stuff that takes your interest. So, to start things off, some stuff:

(review) Anaal Nathrakh - In The Constellation Of The Black Widow
Anaal Nathrakh is an odd band. Their first few albums and EPs were sort of a fusion of the speed and intensity of grindcore and the misanthropy and imagery of black metal, the previous album threw some industrial influences and clean vocals into the mix. This album takes all that, and turns it up to 11. The only problem I have with it is the same problem I have with all of Anaal Nathrakh's albums. They absolutely REFUSE to release lyrics to anything they do. With music like this, looking at the lyrics and listening to the song at the same time is really the only way to tell what they're saying, so I have no clue what the hell they are talking about. I know that the basic theme for Anaal Nathrakh is the apocalypse and the destruction of humanity, but it would still be nice to know. All in all, 4.5 out of 5.

I also recommend the music from Death To Music. All kinds of metal, industrial, and various other oddities. Most of it completely free.
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.