The Extinction Game(OoC)(PG/14)[Open to criticism]

Started by Forycles, June 12, 2009, 03:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forycles

Please note: This is a Game Role Play. Should the moderators or administrators deem this as more of a game than role play, could they please move it to the Game section?

Note2: I will probably not be serving as GM due to my spastic computer time.

Note3: This is my first time. If you see anything off with this, please alert me so I can fix it.

Existence isn't what it used to be. For centuries now, an intergalactic war has raged. Every sentient species that could control a weapon has been fighting. After Earth sped up the sun's expansion in another galaxy and destroyed all its life, they retaliated against Earth, blowing it into three chunks. Finally all the species left add up to a countable amount. After having been nearly killed off, those left now live on the three mini-Earths in orbit around the sun. Everyone is pitching in to try to rebuild civilization from the shambles of the last intergalactic war. It seems like civilization finally caught on.
Someone didn't get the memo. The last existents have a traitor in their midst, calling his/herself the Reaper. And no one knows who it is.

There is no limit to how many can join. After all who wish to have joined, one will be selected as THE (as in, ONE AND ONLY) Reaper. The others will have to use the clues I give them and try to find the killer before sentient life is ended. Forever.

General/Member rules:
1.   Your objective is to distinguish and kill the traitor. The Reaper's objective is to discreetly kill all other members. SEE: Reaper rules
2.   The storyline is freelance. You may do as you wish.
3.   You may kill anyone at any time by sending me a PM asking to kill him/her. Should your guess be wrong, the Reaper will kill you both. Then you will not be able to rejoin until the next version.
Section A. If one feels they were killed off by another out of spite, he/she may PM me along with two members who support their case and I will consider reviving their character.
Section B. After dying, you may rejoin as a new character, however you may no longer participate in the game.
4.   Should you wish to kill someone as part of your role-play, and the person agrees, you must both send the GM a pm stating so, and he/she will verify. Then you may do so.
5.   There is no such thing as god-moding in this story (unless you make your species some variation of 'Higher Being.' Ex: Deity, God, Goddess, etc.). Everyone is susceptible to killing, whether you like it or not.
6.   Alliances may be formed between 2 members and up. SEE: Alliance Rules.
7.   No over-flaming. A rude comment here or there is fine, but if a fire breaks out, all members involved will die.
8.   You win when you kill the Reaper.
9.   The winner gets to preside over the next game if they so choose.
10. The 'next game' is basically where we press the reset button. However, should you have a plot you wish to continue, the creator(not necessarily the GM or me) may label the thread as 'game over' and the players may continue it like a regular role play.

Alliance Rules
1.   As a courtesy, Alliances should consider picking a specific color for their alliance. This is not a necessity, however.
2.   The Game Master must always be alerted of the status of an Alliance.
3.   To make a kill, all alliance members must PM the Game Master their choice.
4.   Alliances may kill as many members as there are in their alliance minus one without consequence. (Ex. 3 members in alliance=2 free kills) However, if the number of kills made by an alliance is equal to the number of members in the alliance, the entire alliance dies.
5.   Alliance must make all actions based on vote. Someone in an alliance can not just randomly kill without consent.
Section A. Alliances should consider having an impartial member tally the votes.
6.   If the majority in an Alliance votes to remove a member of the alliance from the Alliance, they may do so IF AND ONLY IF their amount of kills is equal to the number in their alliance minus two. Otherwise, everyone in the alliance, aside from the one who was voted off, dies.
7.   If an Alliance wins they can either choose to play again as their alliance with a free kill each or they can choose to all play alone with one immunity each.

Reaper (Traitor) rules:
1.   The Reaper must kill two members at a time and can do so only after a number of in-character posts equal to half the number of in-game characters is made. They are to PM the game master their choices, and the game master will kill those chosen. This is to prevent giving the Reaper away.
2.   The Reaper may not reveal his/her identity to anyone.
3.   The Reaper must RP just like all the others.
4.   It is preferred that, while RPing, the Reaper gives small hints.
5.   The Reaper wins when all other members are dead or when only two, including the Reaper, are left.
6.   The Reaper must kill two members from an alliance in one killing, unless the alliance already used all its free kills, then the Reaper may kill none.

Extra Rules:
Immunity: An immunity means someone can kill you (including the Reaper), and die (not including the Reaper), and you'll survive. Its use is optional. These can be unused for as many games as you want.
Free Kill: You get a free kill.  

Template:
Name:
Age (Anything & Optional):
Species (Anything [default=human]):
Appearance (Anything & Optional):
Abilities (Anything & Optional):
History (Anything & Optional):
Other (Anything & Optional):

-The game will not start until the GM has chosen the Reaper.
-Anyone who wishes to join once the Reaper is chosen may do so, but may only RP. This is to be fair to the Reaper and other players
-Feel free to start the instant you post a character. However, the rules of the game (killing, alliances, etc.) do not set in until after the Reaper is chosen. Enjoy.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... That yellow font is abysmal to read. Have you considered trying some other colour?

Other than that... it's an interesting game. I do wonder if you'll get as many people as you think to play, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Forycles

Fix'd.

And I don't expect that many people. That's actually something I left off from the generic version. The limit of 50 makes me sound conceited.