05/06/09 [PF #67] Immortality.. with a price tag

Started by Zedd, June 05, 2009, 07:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Ah the end of another chapter and new pages of FP will go on for a long time I hope.

It must be rough to be a robotic lifeforms even if pain is no longer applied but I guess changed into different sort of view. I to see more soon,this story is getting quite good.

Best wishes to you Tape and Ren!  :boogie

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zedd on June 05, 2009, 07:02:54 PM
Ah the end of another chapter and new pages of FP will go on for a long time I hope.
There is one more page of this chapter, and yes - unless something catastrophic happens we're planning to keep this going for quite some time.

QuoteIt must be rough to be a robotic lifeforms even if pain is no longer applied but I guess changed into different sort of view. I to see more soon,this story is getting quite good.
Actually, the purpose of the android frames is to mimic a biological body as closely as as practical.  Pain would be included, though they have the ability to 'cancel' it if necessary.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

You know how close I was going to make my persona half cybernetic? I decided it would be quite crazy but I am sure you knew about that before, but I changed it due it would made no sense to mutilate myself in robotics.

Jairus

Interesting... so is Jakob using his technology to make syntho-souls or something like that?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on June 05, 2009, 07:14:34 PM
Interesting... so is Jakob using his technology to make syntho-souls or something like that?
Yes.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 05, 2009, 07:15:38 PM
Quote from: Jairus on June 05, 2009, 07:14:34 PM
Yes.
Neat. I had a similar idea for one of my stories, except then they used those synthetic souls to create artificial cosmic horrors... yeah, it didn't end well.

!KCA

The real question is, "What flavors are available?"

Tapewolf

Quote from: !KCA on June 06, 2009, 09:07:55 AM

Heh.  It's not clear that 'Cubi eat souls as such - if they simply absorb the energy (which seems likely IMHO) they might just get a sort of warm sensation or something rather than any feeling similar to a texture of flavour.  If, however, there is something like that, they'd probably be able to fake it.
Either way, this subject is something that crops up later on.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 06, 2009, 09:33:21 AM
Quote from: !KCA on June 06, 2009, 09:07:55 AM

Heh.  It's not clear that 'Cubi eat souls as such - if they simply absorb the energy (which seems likely IMHO) they might just get a sort of warm sensation or something rather than any feeling similar to a texture of flavour.  If, however, there is something like that, they'd probably be able to fake it.
Either way, this subject is something that crops up later on.
So, they're like tofu, in that they have almost no flavor of their own? You need to add barbecue sauce to your synthsouls?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on June 06, 2009, 10:04:09 AM
So, they're like tofu, in that they have almost no flavor of their own? You need to add barbecue sauce to your synthsouls?

Actually I was saying that real souls might not have a flavour.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 06, 2009, 10:55:35 AM
Quote from: Jairus on June 06, 2009, 10:04:09 AM

Actually I was saying that real souls might not have a flavour.
I've always kind of jokingly thought that souls have a sort of "flavor" from all of their experiences and such. Not like chicken or something like that.

Tapewolf

We may have a problem - Ren's scanner seems to have packed up.  Apparently he'll be away most of the weekend so I guess we'll find out what's what on Sunday.
Simeon's Story will also be late, though, owing to Kipiru's workload of late.

In the meantime, I will do an update of some kind.

James StarRunner

Ow... Not much luck it sounds like. If all else fails, you can put up fanart people did for you.

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on June 11, 2009, 08:32:16 PM
Ow... Not much luck it sounds like. If all else fails, you can put up fanart people did for you.
We've got two Questions From The Readers strips in reserve, though I'm trying to keep them that way for Anthrocon.
By coincidence Keaton did draw some fanart, though when all is said and done, the upcoming page is mostly dialogue-oriented so I can likely construct one anyway from existing material until such time as Ren is able to send me the real deal.