Freddie vs. Cubi

Started by JackTheCubiWolf, May 30, 2009, 09:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win in a fight: Freddy Krueger, a very skilled Cubi, or Chuck Norris?

Cubi
16 (48.5%)
Chuck Norris
3 (9.1%)
Freddy
0 (0%)
Bacon
6 (18.2%)
Lettuce
0 (0%)
Tomato
2 (6.1%)
Spongebob Squarepants
6 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: June 26, 2009, 07:19:08 AM

JackTheCubiWolf

I was having a discussion on another forum where I use the same name I have here (changed back to Cubi) and I was telling them about the powers cubi have. They started to try and find ways to kill me as a cubi and this brought up an interesting idea. Who would win in a fight Freddie or a Cubi. And lets say the Cubi is the most powerful Cubi in Furrae. :kruger
:ddrabel (only cubi pic I could find)
I'm back, and tired.

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

inuhanyo

We've never seen the most powerful cubi on Furae, that's most likely the Tri-wing who dates back to the first generation, about 100,000 years ago IIRC.

We've never seen  the full power of any tri-wing.  But imagine Freddie vs Cyra in a Dreamscape.

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Shachza

All he needs to do is find what you're afraid of and he's unstoppable.

Freddie:  "Hmmm, CubiAlpha has a phobia of peas."
CubiAlpha:  "Zomg!  I'm being attacking by cubi-eating peas!  AAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhh.............  *  "
Freddie:  "Muwahahaha!  I win again!"
            <-- #1 that is!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Against a tri-wing? He's toast.

Mind you, I do wonder what the relative strengths of a tri-wing and the eyeful thingy in someone's dream.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

FSharp

Easy question. No offense to Cyra, but the scariest thing in feathers will always be Freddie Mercury.
"To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Naldru

Well, the Cubi mind-reading abilities segment did say that there were things other than cubi that could get into dreams and implied that they could be dangerous to cubi.  However, I would also imagine that the cubi have developed means to deal with such attacks, even if only to deal with other cubi.  Since all cubi seem to have powers similar to Freddie, I would imagine that the most powerful cubi could probably rend Freddie into tiny, submicroscopic pieces only capable of experiencing eternal torment.  Of course, Aaryanna might simply ask to show up as a guest lecturer.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Turnsky

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on May 30, 2009, 09:30:35 AM
*stuff*

Just you thinking of stuff like that is enough to keep me up at night.  :U

There are far worse things that wander dreamscapes than cubi do, don't forget.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Ghostwish

Quote from: Turnsky on May 30, 2009, 01:38:44 PM
*stuff*

Nemo, for example.

Keleth

Quote from: Turnsky on May 30, 2009, 01:38:44 PM
*stuff*

Re-Runs of Sinbad's TV shows  :U
Help! I'm gay!

Sunblink

Ghostwish

Naldru

Are you referring to Sinbad (comedian/actor) or the television series The Adventures of Sinbad.  There are differing degrees of barbarity when you force one to watch a show.  (I think I have the correct link to the Sinbad television series that you might be referring to.)  If it's the one that I'm thinking of, watching the episode with the giant ants that was done after the budget cuts would probably be the most painful.

I assume that the reference to Nemo was to Little Nemo in Slumberland and not to the Pixar film Finding Nemo.  Although the scenes in the dentist's office did get to my daughter a little.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

OminousShadow

Freddie Vs Fa'Lina

With how Fa'Lina has been every time we've seen her, and how Freddie is a sadistic douche' it would be a battle of epic, yet funny, proportions.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Ted Schiller

Freddy vs. Fae

The Fae won't be in trouble; he'll just play along.

Freddy: I got him now.
Freddy: Hey! What's happening?

Fae:  Sorry, I got to go.  But I know some others that would want to play with you.  :)

With regards,
Ted

Garsemor

I have no idea on who would win, but my guess is that the cubi would be victorious, since cubi can reed mind's any move or weakness that Freddy would think of would be all used against him.

Keleth

They both lose.

The big eye monster shows up and eats them both~
Help! I'm gay!

!KCA

Quote from: Drathorin on May 31, 2009, 06:05:27 PM
They both lose.

Yes.

Honestly, though, cubi tend to do poorly in fights because they keep tripping over their own hilariously oversized egos. Even with nifty things like regeneration and elemental resistance, most cubi can still be killed by, say, head shots. And fire. Fire kills everything.

Turnsky

i can tell you folks right now who'd win

you can now be silent.  :U

"Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon... " - Terry Pratchett

Madmann135

Chicago Ted would win.

Seriously in a battle between Freedy VS Cubi it all depends on the Cubi.  Inexperienced and ill trained cubi who do not know how to control their own fear and keep their will stronger than Freddy will loose.  But if a Cubi can keep his fears in check (and maybe even give Freddy false fears to play on), control the situation and  stay stronger than Freddy can win.

For instance Able & Dan VS Freddy.  In my opinion if those two work together and work together using each others strengths they have an ~65% chance to beat Freddy.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

bradypodidae

If Cubi, as the top predator in Furrae when it comes to preying on souls and emotions, are powerful and magical enough to have completely wiped out the entire competing Vampire Race (#510), I would be willing to bet that Freddie would quickly meet his demise. As would Jason, or Michael, or that little leprechaun guy, or...
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Shachza on May 30, 2009, 11:53:32 AM

CubiAlpha:  "Zomg!  I'm being attacking by cubi-eating peas!  AAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhh.............  *  "

Knowing fears doesn't mean anything if you're too insane to be stopped by mere fears anyway.

E.g. a person who fears death can't be stopped by threats of death if he sincerely believes he's immortal.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Psaakyrn

Quote from: !KCA on June 01, 2009, 05:17:12 AM
Quote from: Drathorin on May 31, 2009, 06:05:27 PM
They both lose.

Yes.

Honestly, though, cubi tend to do poorly in fights because they keep tripping over their own hilariously oversized egos. Even with nifty things like regeneration and elemental resistance, most cubi can still be killed by, say, head shots. And fire. Fire kills everything.

Well, Abel is element resistant. (though it could also be used to mean that there simply wasn't enough fire back then..)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on June 01, 2009, 05:18:25 PM
If Cubi, as the top predator in Furrae when it comes to preying on souls and emotions, are powerful and magical enough to have completely wiped out the entire competing Vampire Race (#510), I would be willing to bet that Freddie would quickly meet his demise. As would Jason, or Michael, or that little leprechaun guy, or…

Say Chucky! Say Chucky!
I really hate that stupid doll!
I'm back, and tired.

inuhanyo

Cubi have a sliding scale of formability, ranging from, um Abel when his head wings popped to the 100,000 year old tri-wing.

And remember they eventually lose the ability to dream, so all of the older Cubi would be confronting Freddy in someone else's dream.

Dan is apt to be on the tough side for a young Cubi, because of his Adventurer background.

Abel now has nearly 400 years under his belt, so he shouldn't be any pushover either.

Destania?  Cyra?   Freddy's toast, with jam.

Turnsky

i feel really, really sorry for amber right now.  :<

Keleth

This is almost as terrible as alien vs predator  :B
Help! I'm gay!

Shachza

Quote from: Psaakyrn on June 01, 2009, 06:06:49 PM
Quote from: Shachza on May 30, 2009, 11:53:32 AM

Knowing fears doesn't mean anything if you're too insane to be stopped by mere fears anyway.

E.g. a person who fears death can't be stopped by threats of death if he sincerely believes he's immortal.

You're trivializing crippling phobias now.  I hate to use Freddie vs. Jason, but the end battle is a perfect example of using overwhelming fear of anything against someone who believes themselves immortal.  Jason was unbeatable up until Freddie found out he has a phobia of water, then all Freddie had to do was use water and Jason was helpless.

I see a cubi fight the same way, and I guess I agree with madmann135 in this; if the cubi can keep his/her fears a secret, Freddie isn't nearly as bad.  However, if Freddie finds something that the cubi is truly afraid of, I think his ability to warp dreams will crush said cubi.

P.S.  I appologize to everyone for using that movie.  /sepukku
            <-- #1 that is!

JackTheCubiWolf

2 things.

1. If you have seen any other movie with Jason in it, you know they were completely wrong about a fear of water. Jason basicly fears nothing.

2. Can't Cubi also find out someone's fear in dreams?
I'm back, and tired.