Future games

Started by Xuzaf D, July 16, 2006, 10:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xuzaf D

Quote from: Cvstos on July 28, 2006, 11:52:55 AM
I personally prefer DoA, even though I'm TERRIBLE at fighting games. 
If you said you HATED all the other fighting games and DOA was the only one you liked I might understand, but this is like saying Elmo's ABC's is the best Playstation game because it's the easiest.

Antraxx

Quote from: Jack McSlay on July 16, 2006, 11:32:33 PM
personally I'd love to see rare finally reviving a few forgotten series, more specifically Blast Corps, Killer Instinct and Battletoads

and sega, please don't forget Alex kidd!!!!

Totally agree with thsoe. Blast Corps especially has all the potential to be more.

Gareeku

Quote from: Cvstos on July 28, 2006, 11:52:55 AM
On DoA vs [anything]:

As I've learned, different people will come to different conclusions as to what is "superior", and in general those who like Tekken hate DoA, and those who like DoA hate Tekken.  There are exceptions, of course, but... that's the general feel I get from gamers in general, and any argument generated from this topic will never go anywhere.

I personally prefer DoA, even though I'm TERRIBLE at fighting games. 

StarCraft 2 would indeed be awesome, as would the rumored StarCraft MMO.  I'd like a real Star Trek MMO as well.

I don't -hate- the DoA series, but I just feel the gameplay, graphics, and overall system of the Tekken games (apart from the first game, which was pretty awful really :P) is far superior to the DoA series. I felt the gameplay in the DoA series was almost 'clunky' in a way, and was just ridiculously easy compared to the Tekken series. The countering system in the DoA series is, in my opinion, broken and its just too easy to counter. DoA just seems to focus on graphics and hot girls rather than actual gameplay, which is why i prefer the Tekken games anyday. Plus, the characters in the Tekken games are just better, really.

Xuzaf D

I never bothered with DOA for several reasons. There are a few reasons for every release of the game...

-DOA (one): Looks very generic aside from the bizarre breast physics; no reason to buy after all the other fighters on PSX;  aside the point- hard to find after the release of the PS2.

-DOA2: Nearly impossible to find in stores after Dreamcast stopped showing up in stores.

-DOA2 "Hardcore": Many who have played it considered it "unplayable" due to an added lens flare that whitened the screen.

-DOA3: Hmm... No X-box; The X-box failed to bring me in due to a lack of variety. Essentially there was only one or two games in every genre to play, and that just isn't enough reason to buy a third console in my case.

-DOA4: Again- I lack the system, which seemed really expensive at $400 until Sony gave out there news... but I still don't seem to have $400 dollars lying around to buy a system I wouldn't use at this time.

So yeah... the planets just aren't aligned for me in this situation. If I could find DOA2 for the dreamcast, maybe, but there are just to many other games that come before that for me to even bother.

King Of Hearts

some more stuff I wanna see sequels of...

Power Instinct, its a goofy cheesefest of a fighter, I know, but it was a fun fighting game, beware the flying dentures of death!

Solomon's Key, an old puzzle game i enjoyed as a kid. Lotsa good memories on that one.

Ghouls and Ghosts. Yeah Im aware Maximo is the official continuation of it but I miss Arthur.

Bahamut Lagoon, it was a good concept but an unbalanced SRPG, a little tweak wouldve made it challenging.

Bust a Groove, no DDR but a good beat fest.

Cvstos

Never said the others were bad.  Just that I prefer one over the other, and as I noted earlier, people who like Tekken generally don't like DoA, and vice versa, and there's no real point in arguing it.

I would like to point out that I'm not any good at DoA, either.  I'm pretty much universally terrible at all fighting games (and all realistic racing games, like Gran Turismo).  It doesn't matter if one is "easier" or not, I'm still going to be bad at it. 

Oddly, the one exception to that rule is Super Smash Brothers, but that game plays a lot differently, too.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Suwako

-DOA2 "Hardcore":
I've got it for the Ps2 the platinum it is as playable as the Tekken at that time. (and fast compared to later Doa's -countering system is just to easy in this one-)

Rowne

Since we're on the topic of fighting games, I would personally love to see a 3D remake (that works) of Waku Waku 7, since it's an absolutely wonderful, functional and absurd fighting game.

Aridas

Quote from: King Of Hearts on July 30, 2006, 11:33:52 PM
Ghouls and Ghosts. Yeah Im aware Maximo is the official continuation of it but I miss Arthur.

Does this count as a sequel?

bill

I would love to see a remake of the original System Shock. What a wonderful game that was. Of course, it was produced by Warren Spector, so it was bound to be good.
(3rd place on Gamespy's top 25 most underrated games of all time! link)
(Inducted into Gamespy Hall Of Fame. link)

Gareeku

Personally, i'd like to see a "vs." fighting game like Guilty Gear vs. Samurai Shodown. I know they're both really different, but i'd like to see something like those two series in one game, i think it would be interesting.

Nikki

Xze is gonna sound so stupid....

I WANT MORE POKEMON!!!!
AND DIGIMON!!!
AND...AND MORE STREET FIGHTER DARNIT!!!(only own street fighter...2 or 3 i think..the one that was on the super nintendo TwT I want my Ryu back!!)

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Aridas

It's not as if there's NOT going to be another street fighter or pokemon game... there are already hundredss of them >_>

Gareeku

If, by hundreds of remakes of Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Street Fighter 2, then yes there are hundreds of them. About time they brought out a "true" sequel to the series instead of remakes of the same old game. Don't get me wrong, SFA3 and SF2 are brilliant games in my opinion, but you can only re-release games with slight tweaks so many times.

Another game I would like to see made is a new Streets Of Rage game. Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen.

Aridas

But they don't know HOW to count above 3! You can't expect that of them! :P

King Of Hearts

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on July 31, 2006, 05:56:49 PM
Quote from: King Of Hearts on July 30, 2006, 11:33:52 PM

Does this count as a sequel?

...and I am happy. SQUEE!

one of the reasons Japanese games dont use 4 is that the number sounds like the character for death [shi]

What Capcom needs right now is a new story board writer. Rockman and Street Fighter are an example of how a story can go wrong.

Vaguely Creepy

I'm not so big on fighters, so I can't really say much about it.

From what I understand though, Kid Icarus is supposed to have been a great game, and it seems like a fair amount of people are clamoring for a sequel, so it might be nice if that came out.

But really, most of all, I just wish Nintendo would bring Mother (One) and Mother 3 to the states. EarthBound  (Mother 2) is my single most favorite game ever. Even if the others aren't as good, it's still hard to know that the only way I can play them is to learn Japanese or use an emulator. (I'm bad with languages and a bit skittish about downloading emulations.)

Aridas

Quote from: Vaguely Creepy on August 08, 2006, 02:15:05 AM
From what I understand though, Kid Icarus is supposed to have been a great game, and it seems like a fair amount of people are clamoring for a sequel, so it might be nice if that came out.

It had one. On the Game Boy. But nobody paid attention to it... So.. the series died. Maybe his appearance in this coming SSB will pave the way for another real sequel..