Commissions for a cause

Started by Faerie Alex, April 18, 2009, 11:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerie Alex

Specifically, the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. I participated in my local event two years ago, and I'm participating again this year. This time though, I've got a new idea to bring in donations: commissions.

Here's how it works: This thread is going to be, effectively, a commission thread. However, all payments will be sent through my ACS-RFL participant page. (I'm also accepting straight donations, through the same page.) Instead of paying me for your commission, go to the page, and click "Donate" or print an offline donation form and follow the instructions, remembering to include your name (screen name -should- be okay). NOTE: The only options available seem to be credit card or mailed check. If this is a problem for you, PM or e-mail me and we'll work something out.

Anyway, here's what I can offer:
one example, sketch/ink/CG
example of a badge, sketch/ink/colored pencil

Prices negotiable, but keep in mind that ACS seems to have a $5 minimum donation.

Sketch: $8 USD per character
Drawn with a standard or mechanical pencil (generally, whichever is closer to my hand) on off-white sketchbook paper.

Inked sketch/lineart: $10 per character
Sketch drawn over with an ultra-fine point Sharpie marker, pencil erased. Scanned and adjusted to +100 contrast. (Lineart becomes black, background becomes white.)

CG color: $15 per character
Lineart colored with ACD Canvas X. One layer cell-shaded (or flat, if you don't trust my shading job). I can also include a version with the lineart removed (kind of a nifty effect, but not worth giving its own category as it requires no more effort on my part).

Conbadges: $12 per badge, additional characters on the same badge +$6 (within reason, don't ask for 20 characters on the same badge, etc.)
Drawn on a note card. Available as 4" x 6" or smaller (as I happen to have huge 4" x 6" and slightly smaller 3" x 5" note cards, and can cut them down). Sketched, inked, and colored with colored pencil. (Ask for CG, as I've never done it on conbadges before.) I don't have lamination facilities myself, but I could bring it to Staples or something. Sorry, but badge holders are not available through me. I'll cover shipping, but I reserve the right to apply an additional charge, paid to me personally, if it's going to cost me a great deal to ship it. (I'll figure out shipping beforehand, and will make sure any charges are okay before starting.)

Conbadges can also be sent as 300 ppi scans, and will obviously incur no shipping costs. For all categories, 300 ppi and 72 ppi scans will be standard. If you want a different resolution, I can do so easily.

If you'd like the original sketch OR inked lineart (I can't do both, as I get rid of the sketch when I ink), feel free to ask. I will ship anywhere, with the same caveat as with conbadges.

Once again, I don't want your monies (unless it's for shipping). Please send money to the ACS through the links on this page. Keep in mind, I will only see if you have donated money if you use the links there. (Mainly, it counts towards my total money raised. :3) Also again, if you don't want art, you can also make a straight donation through the same link.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

bradypodidae

Very noble, good Sir! You may count on my support. I will either email or PM you to discuss a possible commission. Please do not feel pressured to accept the request if you decide it is not something you want to tackle right now, as such a worthy cause deserves a donation on its own merit.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC