More Doom Flu! Again!

Started by Alondro, April 27, 2009, 08:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 02, 2009, 04:18:09 PM
Aw SHIT swine flu has just popped up in Florida. I'm going to go around wearing a SARS mask all day.

I've already been washing my hands, coughing into tissues, etc.

You're coughing?  *shakes his head*  I'm afraid it's already too late.  You're finished!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Arcalane

Alternative names: bacon lung, the other white flu, tuporkulosis, porkulenza, bacon fever, hamthrax, aporkalypse (now).

It's a worldwide hamdemic!

Keleth

A very very delicious one~
Help! I'm gay!

Gabi

Heh. At least you people get a flu that can be cured within a few days with no permanent sequels, and odds are it will disappear soon.

Here we get the dengue fever, which gets worse if you catch it twice and often kills, and even the government (which is infamous for denying everything that doesn't favor them) has admitted that it's here to stay (that is, there's no chance of getting rid of it within the next few years). But the rest of the world doesn't seem to care.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Keleth

That's most of the 1st world countries unfortunately. It's why I mock ourselves more often than not.

A 'epidemic' that's not even as bad as the common flu, throws up such a national and international stink because we're whining so hard. Throws off aircraft delays, security is upped, all because it has a funky name attached to it.

Yet 30 miles over there, other people are dying to actual epidemics left right and center and nobody seems to care.

I imagine what'd happen if North America got hit by a REAL epidemic, like the old spanish flu was it? 1918, 40% mortality rate?

40% of 400 million americans, yeah, I think they'd only -just- realize what a true epidemic really is :x
Help! I'm gay!

Damaris

Could you imagine what would have happened if it did turn out to be a rehash of the 1918 flu, and the government had done absolutely nothing about it?  It was a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.  They didn't know enough to make a call until it had really started to spread.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Keleth

There's one thing I really like about technology these days, if you have a deep freezer and a fridge and pantry.

We have frozen and packed foods that last months longer than anything they really had available in the early 20th century.

The sure fire way to stop a disease? Is containment, how do people contain things in this day and age? Well for someone like myself, if a deadly flu like that started spreading? You stay home, limit your going to concentrated areas like cities.

For once, you'd wash your hands at public places, and don't keep overdoing it on the anti-botics making super flus.

Also, being out in the country is nice, as people think you're at disease central near some farm animals. Yet all the city slickers are sick
Help! I'm gay!

alexwars1

I have barricaded myself on an island in an atempt to stop the swine flu, called Australia.

Pagan

Quote from: alexwars1 on May 11, 2009, 12:31:35 AM
I have barricaded myself on an island in an atempt to stop the swine flu, called Australia.

Fool! Now the flu knows where you are!
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Zedd

Next there will be a Bum flu,That will turn people into bums...No offense to local homeless people in this forum and Chester A. Bum

Keleth

You can get internet while being homeless?

Awesome~

I gotta get the cable company to come out and hook me up in my tree :E
Help! I'm gay!

Brownie

QuoteI have barricaded myself on an island in an atempt to stop the swine flu, called Australia.
Muhahahaha! I know where you school! I shall spread it to you, and then, the SCHOOL!

Sunblink

Quote from: Alondro on May 04, 2009, 10:15:28 PM
You're coughing?  *shakes his head*  I'm afraid it's already too late.  You're finished!   :U

OH GOD REALLY? Noooo I'm going to have to start organizing my will.

My assets will be appropriately distributed to my friends and family. Alondro, you get my plush shaped like a lion.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 12, 2009, 09:22:24 AM

My assets will be appropriately distributed to my friends and family. Alondro, you get my plush shaped like a lion.

Nonsense! Death is no reason to give up your property. It's a system of discrimination I say, totally founded on the inability of those buried to stand up for their own rights. I say this should not be!
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Mao

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 12, 2009, 09:22:24 AM

You know what I want from you if you die.  o.O