04/18/09 [DMFA #993] - Rapid Growth

Started by Cvstos, April 18, 2009, 04:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starcat5

*Post Purged*
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: starcat5 on April 20, 2009, 03:48:55 AM
Quote from: Lowde on April 20, 2009, 01:28:39 AM
Wait a sec... You mean you don't know?
Watch it, Lowde. Hidden Bio page information is Hidden.  :rolleyes  Please edit your post before an admin does it for you.

Watch it, starcat5. Rules lawyering is against the rules. Please edit your post before an admin notices you. Like just happened.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ganurath on April 20, 2009, 02:13:29 AM
Editted in consideration of the possibility that Regina and DP talk to one another.
Thinking about it, he didn't even tell Kria that the guy who keeps killing him is probably a Clan Cyra incubus  :B

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

Is there a supplement available for natural Aci enhancement?

:giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Buhamet

This may sound like an odd idea, but is there Fi's original size the size an aci is when they first emerge into the Furrae realm, or is there a smaller form?

(or more basically)

is there a smaller aci form than Fi's previous size?

I'm again doubtful with this idea, as with most ideas I come up with, but I thought it'd be worth asking anyway

LoneHowler

Quote from: Buhamet on April 20, 2009, 03:03:57 PM
This may sound like an odd idea, but is there Fi's original size the size an aci is when they first emerge into the Furrae realm, or is there a smaller form?

(or more basically)

is there a smaller aci form than Fi's previous size?

I'm again doubtful with this idea, as with most ideas I come up with, but I thought it'd be worth asking anyway
Baby aci *squeal* cute. I magine that comming from a plane of non existence into the DMFA realm is a big difference and a aci may be very much like a baby, having to learn about the world. But I'm thinking they learn quick or people wouldn't bother summoning them
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Tapewolf

Quote from: LoneHowler on April 20, 2009, 03:46:23 PM
I magine that comming from a plane of non existence into the DMFA realm is a big difference and a aci may be very much like a baby, having to learn about the world. But I'm thinking they learn quick or people wouldn't bother summoning them

In that note, Fi is 3 years old.  Though apparently it has been summoned by Fa'Lina on a previous occasion (contract?).

tiggertoo

OK, now I'm a bit confused guys -- I thought it was always a given that Fa'lina is a tri-wing -- or is that still a given, and we're now just wondering if she's also actually fully ascended on top of that?

Anyway, it has me wondering what would happen to Dan if say, Dee should suddenly level up to tri-wing (not saying that it will happen, just wondering here) -- since Dan (and of course Dee) are members of Cyra, with a living founder. Put another way -- should this happen, would Dee's baby boy get a double helping of cubi goodness?

A thought on soul eating to power up cubi -- everyone I've seen arguing about this always seems to think it means "eating innocents' souls", and thus is a bad, bad thing. But what if the souls come from evil, vile creatures you're doing your best to kill off anyway for the good of all -- like Dan in some of his adventuring. I don't really see any big ethical or moral problem at that point of getting a power-up snack in the process. You can fight the good fight and have a nice healthy cubi meal too: win-win.

Edit to add: of course, it might just be that evil souls taste *really* nasty.

Tapewolf

Quote from: tiggertoo on April 20, 2009, 04:01:29 PM
OK, now I'm a bit confused guys -- I thought it was always a given that Fa'lina is a tri-wing -- or is that still a given, and we're now just wondering if she's also actually fully ascended on top of that?

By 'ascended' we're talking about 'ascended to tri-wing status'.  While I've long assumed that she's Tri-Winged, Shadow believes (believed?) this was not the case and put together a chain of reasoning to support it.

QuoteAnyway, it has me wondering what would happen to Dan if say, Dee should suddenly level up to tri-wing (not saying that it will happen, just wondering here) -- since Dan (and of course Dee) are members of Cyra, with a living founder. Put another way -- should this happen, would Dee's baby boy get a double helping of cubi goodness?
Who knows?  Cyra might not like the competition...

QuoteA thought on soul eating to power up cubi -- everyone I've seen arguing about this always seems to think it means "eating innocents' souls", and thus is a bad, bad thing. But what if the souls come from evil, vile creatures you're doing your best to kill off anyway for the good of all -- like Dan in some of his adventuring. I don't really see any big ethical or moral problem at that point of getting a power-up snack in the process. You can fight the good fight and have a nice healthy cubi meal too: win-win.

Depends what they did.  Furrae seems to have some kind of afterexistence.  If you kill someone, what you're effectively doing is punting them on to the next plane.  And in some situations they can even return from that.  Whereas if you destroy someone's soul, you're destroying everything they ever are, have been or could potentially be.
The way I see it, the latter is a far, far worse crime.  It's something I'd be reluctant to condone even for someone who has themselves been going around eating souls (after all, being reduced to 'just a soul' themselves is liable to change their perspective).

EDIT:
And that's not even to go into the "were they really guilty?" business.  You kill the wrong person by accident?  You could probably get them resurrected.  Eat the wrong man's soul?  I'd like to see someone worm their way out of that one  :B

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Lowde
Wait a sec... You mean you don't know? Fa'Lina is actually a tri-wing, she just doesn't show it for unknown reasons

Source?  I can't recall any comic which hinted that she has more wings then what she's always been showing.  Until there's convincing and canon source, I'm going to go with the assumption that she is not a tri-wing, just a very, very (probably near the upper limits) two-wing.   After all, just because you don't have that third set of wings doesn't mean you're a nobody.

(Edit: Bah, bungled the correct quote.  Added more to the reply as well.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on April 20, 2009, 06:51:17 PM
Quote from: Lowde on April 20, 2009, 01:28:39 AM
Wait a sec... You mean you don't know? Fa'Lina is actually a tri-wing, she just doesn't show it for unknown reasons
Source?  I can't recall any comic which hinted that she has more wings then what she's always been showing.  Until there's convincing and canon source, I'm going to go with the assumption that she is not a tri-wing, just a very, very (probably near the upper limits) two-wing.   After all, just because you don't have that third set of wings doesn't mean you're a nobody.

(Edit: Bah, bungled the correct quote.  Added more to the reply as well.)

He probably isn't allowed to post the source, and, if so, neither are you. Just in case anyone else is wondering, this falls under the auspices of "stuff you're not allowed to discuss on the forum, because the content says so." ie, the only place I've been able to locate definitive answers are on The Pages That Will Not Be Discussed. Or Else.

There may or may not have been other images drawn by Amber that have Fa'Lina in full mode. I could swear there was one, but since I can't find it, it's a null point.

At least part of the reason for her being hidden, if she is tri, is in the Demo 101 page (here; look at the end of the first paragraph); other than that, we're still in guessing-game mode. Every other image or reference to her that I've found is non-specific on the subject of tri-wing status. She's one of the biggies (ref) in terms of power, but no specifics are available as yet. If you have better info, please, let me know.

Joe3210

If the headmistress actually had a cast page, this discussion would all be moot.

If Devon of all people have a cast page, then Fa'Lina should have one also.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Rambon

Quote from: Joe3210 on April 20, 2009, 07:58:45 PM
If the headmistress actually had a cast page, this discussion would all be moot.

I think this falls back on stuff that we're not allowed to talk about? Anyway I'd suggest searching the Cubi Demo 101 a little bit more.

*If this falls under any broken rules tell me and I'll edit this post.*

Joe3210

Quote from: Rambon on April 20, 2009, 08:08:35 PM
Quote from: Joe3210 on April 20, 2009, 07:58:45 PM

I think this falls back on stuff that we're not allowed to talk about? Anyway I'd suggest searching the Cubi Demo 101 a little bit more.

*If this falls under any broken rules tell me and I'll edit this post.*
Yes, I know the Cubi page talks about her. >:3

edit:  PM'ed him.

I wonder if Dan would actually use his warp aci to his full potential anyway?

lawl

Maril

Not going by less well known sources, I always assumed that the strip where Fa'Lina says 'Babies!' to Pyroduck suggested she was a tri-wing.  Amber has said that the tentacle heads suggested either a living tri-wing clan founder or a VERY powerful cubi who was putting effort into shifting the tentacles to appear that way but that it takes a lot of energy and is very taxing.  This suggests that Fa'Lina must be a tri-wing.  I could be wrong, but I would assume she can't have a living clan founder if she IS a clan founder.  It seems to me that any link with her clan of birth would be severed when she creates her own.  And it seems equally unlikely that she would exert the energy to make the tentacle heads just to show happiness that he had a girlfriend...  Wouldn't really be a wise use of energy. 

I think Fi is just responding to Abel's statement since he really doesn't seem to know how to use his own powers...  He had to 'find gravity' earlier in this arc, so maybe he just doesn't know/remember that his appearance adjusts based on his owners (who he probably at least partially views as Abel since he's taking orders from Abel) preferences.  The aci in SAIA may all have similar sizes/shapes because either that's how Fa'Lina likes them or the cubi in charge of them don't know that they can affect their appearance that greatly and so just do minor changes like the pointier faced one with Fa'Lina in Abel's Story.  Hopefully we'll find out soon anyway.  I like him better small though personally.  But that's just because I always thought Fi was really cute.

Joe3210

Quote from: Maril on April 20, 2009, 09:38:08 PM
Not going by less well known sources, I always assumed that the strip where Fa'Lina says 'Babies!' to Pyroduck suggested she was a tri-wing.
Fa'Lina is just extremely powerful.  Since she is the headmistress of a school for cubi, she would have to be well trained herself.

Notice that she mentions something about grandbabies futures.

lawl

LoneHowler

There are two hidden pages as many know. their contents or location must not be discussed since they contain spoilers. the one that ends this conversation is easy to find:::::::
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Tycoon

Quote from: LoneHowler on April 21, 2009, 05:38:43 AM
There are two hidden pages as many know. their contents or location must not be discussed since they contain spoilers. the one that ends this conversation is easy to find:::::::

Three, as many others know.

>:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tycoon on April 21, 2009, 06:33:00 AM

Five, actually, but the last two say not to tell anyone where they are, even by PM.

Michael Chandra

Hm... I should look for the two I missed then, only encountered 3 of which two with a warning. Moving on! What name should an evolved Aci have?

Turnsky

Quote from: Michael Chandra on April 21, 2009, 10:29:04 AM
Hm... I should look for the two I missed then, only encountered 3 of which two with a warning. Moving on! What name should an evolved Aci have?
Warp-Acii

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Dem

Warp ASCII ?

Fi was a letter when we first saw him and there was stuff written on him. Now evolved he could have more complex things on him  :<

Garsemor

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 20, 2009, 04:13:24 PM

Depends what they did.  Furrae seems to have some kind of afterexistence.  If you kill someone, what you're effectively doing is punting them on to the next plane.  And in some situations they can even return from that.  Whereas if you destroy someone's soul, you're destroying everything they ever are, have been or could potentially be.
The way I see it, the latter is a far, far worse crime.  It's something I'd be reluctant to condone even for someone who has themselves been going around eating souls (after all, being reduced to 'just a soul' themselves is liable to change their perspective).

What about Dan eating DP's soul, that would be, from my point of view, a good way of getting rid him once and for all. Whit out DP's soul. No more DP for ever. VICTORY!

Turnsky

Quote from: Garsemor on April 21, 2009, 12:29:37 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 20, 2009, 04:13:24 PM

What about Dan eating DP's soul, that would be, from my point of view, a good way of getting rid him once and for all. Whit out DP's soul. No more DP for ever. VICTORY!

Naw, Dan wouldn't eat DP's soul..

it's gone off.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Michael Chandra

Shouldn't eat things that have been lying on the floor for more than ten seconds.

Buhamet

Yeah, somehow the prosepect of Eating/absorbing DP's soul wouldn't appeal to Dan..........

he'd probably think that doing so might corrupt him or something similar

Lisky

well, if Dan did try and devour DP's soul, would that bring a new meaning to the saying 'meal on the run'?   :U

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 21, 2009, 07:46:48 AM
Quote from: Tycoon on April 21, 2009, 06:33:00 AM

Five, actually, but the last two say not to tell anyone where they are, even by PM.

...five?

*counts on his hands for a moment*

Oh, damn it. I'll see you gentlemen in a few weeks, I guess. *puts his archive-mining hat on*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Garsemor on April 21, 2009, 12:29:37 PM

It's still a bit too permanent or my liking and I'm not sure Dan would go for it either.  However, DP's soul stuffed in a necklace or bracer might be a better compromise.  Remember, eating isn't the only thing you can do with souls.