04/18/09 [DMFA #993] - Rapid Growth

Started by Cvstos, April 18, 2009, 04:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arroyo Milori

I'm just curious how Dan would abuse Fi's ability to "change form at the master's will" deal.

And Fi seems to look more like a dog to me, anatomy wise that is (except the head).

EDIT: Arcblade beat me to the punch X_X

Fex

I really need one of those sandwiches that makes sure for rapid grow

Michael Chandra

Quote from: Madmann135 on April 18, 2009, 08:45:07 AMSomewhere deep inside Dan's psyche he wants an attack dog and Fi (Iffi) has "grown up" to fit the bill in the looks department.
So wait, he wants to cry havoc? Didn't think of that one.

insidexml

I wonder if Abel knew that Warp-Aci could do that.
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

Sid

"So. You tried to stuff me into a blender...?" >:3
:boogie

Teh_Hobo

Quote from: insidexml on April 18, 2009, 12:54:50 PM
I wonder if Abel knew that Warp-Aci could do that.
I'm thinking he does, he seems to have something of an affinity with warp-aci, what with his having to say goodbye to every aci at SAIA in alphabetical order. It probably isn't a good thing, what with his reaction.

EDIT: I just noticed the subtext. I lol'd pretty hard at that.
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Ganurath

Luckily for Abel, he's the only one who realizes the implications of this. Specifically, Fi doesn't realize the implications.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Lucheek

Quote from: Michael Chandra on April 18, 2009, 12:36:21 PM
Quote from: Madmann135 on April 18, 2009, 08:45:07 AMSomewhere deep inside Dan's psyche he wants an attack dog and Fi (Iffi) has "grown up" to fit the bill in the looks department.

"Aliph's spirit, raging for revenge, with Ate by his side come hot from hell shall in these confines with a monarch's voice cry "Havoc" and let slep the Aci of War!"

inuhanyo

Quote from: Lucheek on April 18, 2009, 01:33:19 PM
"Aliph's spirit, raging for revenge, with Ate by his side come hot from hell shall in these confines with a monarch's voice cry "Havoc" and let slep the Aci of War!"

Just in case someone doesn't know where this is coming from, Shakespear's Julius Caesar:
And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,
With Ate by his side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;

Alterationartist

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on April 18, 2009, 11:06:20 AM
I'm just curious how Dan would abuse Fi's ability to "change form at the master's will" deal.

And Fi seems to look more like a dog to me, anatomy wise that is (except the head).

Royo? What the heck are you doing here?
Round 9!

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Alterationartist on April 18, 2009, 02:03:04 PM
Quote from: Arroyo Milori on April 18, 2009, 11:06:20 AM

Royo? What the heck are you doing here?

Ahahahaha~ I've been here for a month I believe. About time you found me : D

Ganurath

Quote from: Lucheek on April 18, 2009, 01:33:19 PM
Quote from: Michael Chandra on April 18, 2009, 12:36:21 PM

What, not even going to try for pentameter?
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

e_voyager

my guess is that rule number two of warp arc  care is " Never Ever tell a warp Arc to grow up" followed by details as to why one should not do so.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Shadowcatcher

Notice that Abel's tail is between his legs.  *Something* is provoking a fear response in him!

Pagan

Do cats put their tails between their legs when afraid?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Alondro

Abel should learn to be careful what he wishes for!

Wishes can turn out very badly when improperly worded and taken literally! 

He should have told Fi to 'behave in a more intelligent and responsible manner'.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Pagan on April 18, 2009, 03:31:17 PM
Do cats put their tails between their legs when afraid?

They certainly do when they're getting the stuffing kicked out of them by other cats - I can't say I've ever seen a cat actually afraid, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Buhamet

We certainally never saw a Warp-Aci of that size as SAIA.

This is an interesting development. Is the growth a simple case of length of time in the furrae realm, instead of the realm they were summoned from, or was it caused by Abel's words?

Sorry, instead of being rhetorical, lemme put forward this idea

is it a simple case of a warp-aci getting bigger after a few hundred years, or is it a case of a trigger word? The idea of an aci simply growing in size after a length of time isn't hard to imagine, but I find it unlikely. After all, Fi is a more recent Aci, as he wasn't around during Abel's story.

If it's a case of the trigger word, then how come there are more small aci rather than (for lack of better words) average-dog sized aci? it can't really be a case of convenince, because Aci can change their shape into almost anything (I think)

also, on a side note, I preferred the smaller Fi....... no special reason, just preferred it

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Buhamet on April 18, 2009, 04:06:06 PM

Is the growth a simple case of length of time in the furrae realm, instead of the realm they were summoned from, or was it caused by Abel's words?

I find myself agreeing with something said upthread a bit. Remember that the power of any particular Warp-Aci depends on the amount of power the summoner used. And Fi was summoned by Fa'Lina (who is scarily powerful), but now it's had its "ownership" transferred to Dan (who is... well... Dan). Did Fa'Lina think of this when she allowed the transfer? Or did she just think "well, he'll grow into it". Except Fi isn't a ten-sizes-too-big sweater...
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Sid

Quote from: SpottedKitty on April 18, 2009, 05:43:52 PM
Did Fa'Lina think of this when she allowed the transfer?

As a rule of thumb, assume that Fa'Lina always thinks of everything. ;)
:boogie

Vel Damas

Kenway975

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on April 18, 2009, 03:23:42 PM
Notice that Abel's tail is between his legs.  *Something* is provoking a fear response in him!

I could think of three things that could provoke a fear response. The first one involves the fear of the unknown (when was the last time you saw a Warp Aci the size of a medium to large dog)? But in my opinion that's unlikely. The second one is a fear invoked by "Oh frig, Fi is now in that form?" and knowledge of what causes it or various side effects that can be scary. The one that I personally believe is fear of retribution. Not retribution from Dan, but from Fa'lina. As far as I can tell, Abel is there to teach Dan the basics. And while Dan is under his care, he also has the duty of getting Dan out when he's over his head. I shudder to think what would have happened to Abel if Dan had been killed.

Vel Damas

Quote from: Kenway975 on April 18, 2009, 08:59:41 PM
Quote from: Shadowcatcher on April 18, 2009, 03:23:42 PM

I could think of three things that could provoke a fear response. The first one involves the fear of the unknown (when was the last time you saw a Warp Aci the size of a medium to large dog)? But in my opinion that's unlikely. The second one is a fear invoked by "Oh frig, Fi is now in that form?" and knowledge of what causes it or various side effects that can be scary. The one that I personally believe is fear of retribution. Not retribution from Dan, but from Fa'lina. As far as I can tell, Abel is there to teach Dan the basics. And while Dan is under his care, he also has the duty of getting Dan out when he's over his head. I shudder to think what would have happened to Abel if Dan had been killed.

I personally think Abel is afraid because he knows Fi isn't going to stop nagging him to change him now

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Vel Damas on April 18, 2009, 09:24:00 PM

I personally think Abel is afraid because he knows Fi isn't going to stop nagging him to change him now

I'm trying to decide if Abel's so scared because he knows what just happened, or because he doesn't know.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Rambon

Honestly I think it's more of the sudden "WHAT THE FREAKING UNDERWORLD JUST HAPPENED?!" Type of oh Frig.  As he wasn't expecting Fi to suddenly grow around... 3-5 times his size?

e_voyager

i can here a voice saying "soon grasshopper you will understand the reason why such things happen until then take cover and call Fa`lina. "
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

LoneHowler

I'm thinking a warp aci hasn't been owned by a cubi who hasn't come into hisclan mark yet. I think the only other time  a warp aci might get a power boost from their owner to increase size like that, is when they become tri-wings.
Perhaps when a cubi is about to become a tri-wing they will tranfer the aci to prevent trouble from a large powerfull aci with the mentaity of a ADD child
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

e_voyager

i  don't  see Dan as tri-wing materiel not not for about 10K  to 20K years

Rakala

Yeah, I got the feeling from Abel's "Oh frig." that he doesn't know what's happening. You've been around a few hundred years and I can understand you would assume the worst.

LoneHowler

Quote from: e_voyager on April 19, 2009, 01:50:51 AM
i  don't  see Dan as tri-wing materiel not not for about 10K  to 20K years
I was saying a aci probably only gets bigger if his owner gets a huge power boost, and since a young cubi without his clan mark probably wouldn't have a aci of his own, unless one is given to them, so getting this kind of power boost is probably super rare. the only other time a aci may get that power boost is when their owner becomes tri-wing. So Fi's sudden upgrade was a surprise to Able
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)